Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rochdale

Nathan

Fully understand that. Just speaking as a fan.

In 20 years time it won't be the prize money we won on Saturday that I remember!

Fully appreciate that..... but it might be sufficient, if we are promoted this season, to provide an opportunity to challenge at the top of the Conference South next season.

Ok let’s talk numbers! Say capacity is 2,000 I can’t see Rochdale bringing more than 250 especially if it’s on tv. So I’m hoping AP can be segregated in a way where it’s not set up like it was v Wycombe in the friendly where they basically had half the ground and it’ll be nowhere near full plus it means less tickets for Slough fans. I know it’ll all be discussed and worked on in the coming weeks.

No local rivalry etc so not sure why there would be a need for segregation?

As you say it'll be discussed by the club with the relevant people in the coming weeks.

No rivalry with Gainsborough but still had segregation. It is more about the number of people who are turning up. With it being a high profile match for the club there is a high chance of the local village idiots turning up

Considering the number of stewards the council insists with normal league matches it is not hard to believe they would want us to segregate this one.

We are the number 1 and number 2 most read story on the Observer website. Not sure that's happened before.

The way things are going, we will have Neil on ' British Bake Off', Jon on 'Strictly' and Matt Lench 'Dancing On Ice' ! :D 

Autographs,anyone? ! ha ha !

Aside from the massive payment for hosting a live TV game, it's the local businesses that hopefully would be wanting to be associated with the club who maybe haven't visited yet. It's these companies we need to impress so they think about coming back, same with the extra 1,000 or so Slough fans who we want to return.

I agree a massive stadium more or less empty doesn’t make a great tv viewing (and let’s be fair BW bring the 750 that Maidenhead brought, so the crowd will likely be around the 5,000 mark). Had it been reversed then yes I think that could have been a contender. I wonder if they’ll wait until all replays are decided before confirming the live games.

I think if it ends up Wycombe v Billericay that will get one of the slots.

Why?

The TV games will be decided by Friday, so they will not know results from replays, and in the past they normally only go for non league teams at home for the live games, and for example the Notts County v Oxford City game would probably be moved to the Sunday, same as Wycombe, Boreham Wood IMO.

You mentioned Salford but they were home each time, and to be fair always games I would have picked as a chance of a giant killing (and they were right)

The fact is only 3 non league sides are guaranteed at home (us AFC Fylde and Gateshead, we would have to be very unlucky not to get a TV slot IMO, what with 3g pitch, top goalscorers in the country,, massive gap between the two teams, Rochdale almost lost to Maidstone on a 3g last year with a last minute equaliser, and then you have the whole "Office" and Ricky Gervais factor....

Also the 3 games broadcast last round were all Northern teams in Hyde, Shaw Lane and Chorley.

However we will await the decisions and keep our fingers crossed in the meantime

I know the West Brom in the pre season was for the top man but this Match is truly the fitting Testimonial for Super Kev and if on TV that would be the icing on the Cake