Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Has Twitter contributed to the slow death of this forum?

Smallholder - That's 22 posts and counting, keep lining Ian's pockets won't you. Actually the very last thing I am is a ponce, I have an easy come easy go attitude to money, at Haringey Borough I gave a player £600 once as he told me a sob story and I fell for it, obviously I thought I would get it back but I never did and I wasn't reimbursed by the Club, not that I expected to be. 

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Smallholder - That's 22 posts and counting, keep lining Ian's pockets won't you. Actually the very last thing I am is a ponce, I have an easy come easy go attitude to money, at Haringey Borough I gave a player £600 once as he told me a sob story and I fell for it, obviously I thought I would get it back but I never did and I wasn't reimbursed by the Club, not that I expected to be. 

If you gave £600 to a player, why would the Club reimburse you?

30 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

If you gave £600 to a player, why would the Club reimburse you?

That's why I said 'not that I expected to be' (reimbursed) however it might have been a nice gesture on behalf of the Club if I had been offered something, say £200 or £300.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

That's why I said 'not that I expected to be' (reimbursed) however it might have been a nice gesture on behalf of the Club if I had been offered something, say £200 or £300.

Name the player? so none of us make the same mistake ?

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Why did you feel the need to tell the club?....a bit embarrassing for the player concerned

Smallholder - I didn't tell the Club, I told the Manager sometime later after the player concerned had left Haringey Borough not long after I had given him the £600, the Manager was Kenny Dyer at the time who was, and still is, a close personal friend and he chose to tell the Club's hierarchy as he thought I should be reimbursed, I didn't tell him to. That's 23 posts and counting by the way.

• 3 years later...

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but has anyone noticed that they are unable to access Twitter any longer, if they are non Twitter account holders that is, it will make it a lot more difficult to glean information about Club's and get results, Elon Musk has a lot to answer for:

https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/30/23779764/twitter-blocks-unregistered-users-account-tweets