Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Has Twitter contributed to the slow death of this forum?

10 hours ago, Savagebee said:

No not anymore RB I resigned from the Hanwell Town FC committee last Summer 2018 and I haven't been to watch them play since there last home game of the 2017/18 season. It just wasn't for me anymore I wasn't enjoying it as much as I used to and things had changed for me at the club and also I moved a bit further away from Hanwell Town FC. Im still in contact with a lot of the Hanwell Town people and follow there results. These days I prefer watching Step 7 and below football so me and the old man just hop around our local Middlesex County League clubs, Southern Amateur League clubs and Surrey Intermediate League clubs. We just make a list of games each week for the Saturday then we make our choice of game on Friday eve or Saturday morning and of we go :thumbsup(2):

Ive moves from Liverpool to Lincoln, if anyone knows of a decent step 5/6 club in Lincoln let me know. 

On 11/07/2019 at 07:26, Winslow Boy said:

Ive moves from Liverpool to Lincoln, if anyone knows of a decent step 5/6 club in Lincoln let me know. 

Firstly when did you move to Liverpool? I’ve got family in Lincoln I’ll shout them up see what they recommend.  I’m slowly working my way up north,  currently residing in the Aylesbury area now shortly after my club shut up shop in Watford and have struggled ever since the Hobbsy era. 

So after seeing Aylesbury Vale Dynamos signing the great Royston Byron this week I’ll probably take a short trip to The Greenfleets stadium to watch them this season(via The Rottenwheel pub) 

Moved to Liverpool end of 2012. Would appreciate any thoughts on a decent non league club there to keep an eye on. I’ll be in the box at Sincil now and again when I have time. Think Aylesbury Vale could be in for a tough season, or certainly start. Not a great deal of quality there, they have a decent budget so I think manager may not last (hope he does, he seems a good guy) and they may make big changes in the season, but they can’t go up so if i were them I’d save all the money this season at least and just play local youngsters. 

9 hours ago, RendonBodgers said:

Firstly when did you move to Liverpool? I’ve got family in Lincoln I’ll shout them up see what they recommend.  I’m slowly working my way up north,  currently residing in the Aylesbury area now shortly after my club shut up shop in Watford and have struggled ever since the Hobbsy era. 

So after seeing Aylesbury Vale Dynamos signing the great Royston Byron this week I’ll probably take a short trip to The Greenfleets stadium to watch them this season(via The Rottenwheel pub) 

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Moved to Liverpool end of 2012. Would appreciate any thoughts on a decent non league club there to keep an eye on. I’ll be in the box at Sincil now and again when I have time. Think Aylesbury Vale could be in for a tough season, or certainly start. Not a great deal of quality there, they have a decent budget so I think manager may not last (hope he does, he seems a good guy) and they may make big changes in the season, but they can’t go up so if i were them I’d save all the money this season at least and just play local youngsters. 

Well... between me, you and the rest of the old school gang, I believe the gaffa is supplying the budget there seeing as his own company is there “shirt sponsor” for the season.  Should there be an early departure it seems the wages would follow.    Nevertheless I’ve heard nothing but good about him, I’m not very familiar with any of the players though other than Byron & channel 5s shipwrecks very own Lewis Stortford.

Ah right, fair enough. Seems a good guy, wish him well, but I don’t think at this moment they’ll have a great season. Seems to be a club constantly in flux. Some good folk down there, but a few very odd characters too, they struggle to attract decent amount of support for whatever reason, partly due to lack of identity I would say. Aylesbury should have a really well supported club much higher in the pyramid. 

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:32, RendonBodgers said:

Why did Aylesbury FC change there name to Aylesbury Vale Dynamos? did they merge with another club? also how have the Aylesbury supporters taken to the new club name?

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:50, Winslow Boy said:

Why cant they go up?

Would have been relegated anyway due to ground grading, don’t believe that issue has been rectified yet, so that would mean they can’t go up. They have had a lot of name changes, merger I think because the club was struggling for survival would be my guess, not much of a fan base to be upset by any change really and any fans they do have will have seen at least one name change. 

4 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Would have been relegated anyway due to ground grading, don’t believe that issue has been rectified yet, so that would mean they can’t go up. They have had a lot of name changes, merger I think because the club was struggling for survival would be my guess, not much of a fan base to be upset by any change really and any fans they do have will have seen at least one name change. 

They playing at Aylesbury FCs ground?

Edited by Savagebee

4 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Playing at Haywood way yes, same as all the previous incarnations/clubs. 

Nice location but not one of my fave grounds that I have been to.

On 13/07/2019 at 21:29, Savagebee said:

Why did Aylesbury FC change there name to Aylesbury Vale Dynamos? did they merge with another club? also how have the Aylesbury supporters taken to the new club name?

They merged with the youth club Bedgrove Dynamos, they already had a link with them but now officially one club, name was to incorporate both clubs.

3 hours ago, Munchkin said:

They merged with the youth club Bedgrove Dynamos, they already had a link with them but now officially one club, name was to incorporate both clubs.

Ah I see. Many Thanks.

• 9 months later...
On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:53, Berko Fan said:

Things have just simply moved on. Twitter is by far the best platform to get all the latest info and gossip about our league and teams.

Just continuing with this debate as it seemed to create some interest at least. I'm not a big fan of Twitter and what Berko Fan said at the time is not entirely correct of all Club's who don't keep their Twitter pages regularly updated, although around 85% do and then it can be a good source of quick and reliable information. As Savagebee's favourite poster, Rebadiah Hongfield, said at the start of this thread, Twitter has sadly taken away old fashioned discussion, banter and debates on Forums such as this one which can be enjoyable however the younger generation of today aren't really interested in spending their time doing that.   

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Just continuing with this debate as it seemed to create some interest at least. I'm not a big fan of Twitter and what Berko Fan said at the time is not entirely correct of all Club's who don't keep their Twitter pages regularly updated, although around 85% do and then it can be a good source of quick and reliable information. As Savagebee's favourite poster, Rebadiah Hongfield, said at the start of this thread, Twitter has sadly taken away old fashioned discussion, banter and debates on Forums such as this one which can be enjoyable however the younger generation of today aren't really interested in spending their time doing that.   

Well said Rhodes.

In my opinion there is still a place for Forums and considering a football hasn't been kicked in ages this the SSML Forum does ok. 

I'm not on Twatter ?

On 04/04/2018 at 12:02, Rebadiah Hongfield said:

but these days it's all fixtures, postponements and results

As I said in another topic that's all ⬆ that was on this forum for a couple of seasons. If it wasn't for Karen B posting the above there would have been nothing at all on this forum for a couple of seasons.

On 20/04/2018 at 06:45, Jonno said:

Only one man can save this forum!! Bring back Rhodes!!!

Where did you go Rhodes? If you don't mind me asking and what bought you back to the SSML Forum?

Savagebee - I was sort of driven away, and banished to the wilderness, as Patemondo indicated on the thread below and, by the way, I wasn't impressed by your post ?. Actually my Mother was ill for a long time and it was difficult to juggle her care with work, sadly she passed away in March last year aged 95 and I have recently retired from work so have the time to post again however it's certainly not the Forum it was back in the day is it, do you remember Loosely of Southill Alexander 'fame',  I wonder what became of him:

47 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I was sort of driven away, and banished to the wilderness, as Patemondo indicated on the thread below and, by the way, I wasn't impressed by your post ?. Actually my Mother was ill for a long time and it was difficult to juggle her care with work, sadly she passed away in March last year aged 95 and I have recently retired from work so have the time to post again however it's certainly not the Forum it was back in the day is it, do you remember Loosely of Southill Alexander 'fame',  I wonder what became of him:

Keep posting Rhodes as the SSML forum needs ya. Don't get driven away again ?