Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Rebadiah Hongfield

Has Twitter contributed to the slow death of this forum?

I'm guilty as sin. I haven't been on here for a long time for various reasons which I won't go into. It used to be really popping on here, but these days it's all fixtures, postponements and results with little other input. 

If anybody actually reads this..... why do you think it's not as popping on here as it used to be?

Personally, I think it's Twitter that has taken away what was once a hotbed for the latest info, discussion, banter, debates, etc. Twitter is instant, the players and staff are on there too. Any other thoughts on the causes? And any other thoughts on how we could make this forum more popping again?  

To answer your question RH, IMHO, the answer is YES.

Twitter, Snap Numpty, Facebook and other such social media networks are for the young who have far too much time to waste.

I was in my local a few afternoons ago TALKING to the Landlord.  We watched as a group of five or six secondary school girls walked , ALL OF WHOM were busy on their beloved mobiles.  Sad, or what ??

Edited by Big J R

Yeah all the social media platforms and whatsapp. I joined this years ago as it was a good source of news, info and rumours. Clubs forums are pretty quiet these days too through the league as there are so many more platforms to discuss on.

Watched a bit of Biggleswade v Leighton that was live streamed yesterday, actually filmed vwell with commentary that was ok. Biggleswade were on top for 15 mins of 2nd half I watched and had two very good chances that they wasted.

Things have just simply moved on.  Twitter is by far the best platform to get all the latest info and gossip about our league and teams.

If I just take the club I follow, there are regular daily updates from the main club twitter plus lots of tweets from the chairman, one of the directors, the manager and some of the players.

There is just no other platform (including this) that can compete with that.

The only way a forum like this beats twitter is to have discussions about a certain topic (like this one!)

I use Twitter now and have created a SSML Premier Division list so I can see what is happening. Get great information this way. Also Full Time is best for results because it gets updated as soon has the text hits the server. League tables updated at the same time too.

Only one man can save this forum!! Bring back Rhodes!!!

Only one man can save this forum!! Bring back Rhodes!!!

Be careful what you wish for !  :ph34r: