Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prediction Lg: Wk 11 results, Wk 12 matches, Apr 6th by 12:30

Jago

Hello Again.   Three weeks to go - yes, it's nearly over (the Prediction League that is).

In fact Ozz probably wishes it was already over as his traditional end of season collapse is now taking shape nicelyAnd if 1961 COYS had a bit more knowledge (i.e. any at all) about Scottish "football" we'd have seen a new leader this week.  Have another go with Hearts again this week folks.   In Collier Row (South) the top 2, Blackballed and Mr D, grind on relentlessly (yes, just like the Prediction League), and we have a new wooden spoon incumbent in Cool Hand Luke - whose eagle eyed work on incorrect kick off dates is no recompense for his ultimately inept prediction skills.

Talking of which The BBC website would like to apologise for getting two kick-off dates wrong in the last two weeks - though no damage was done as the two late boys, Mick The Bat and Hatted Urchin were playing each other, and the late girl, Lady Jago, lost by a cricket score.  Anyway, let's see where it all goes wrong with the fixtures this week.  (No. you're right, it can't be that hard... can it?)

For those still awake, here's the full monty:

UPMINSTER DIVISION
image.png.b45f3e19c972e42bbfdc55445eceb75b.png

image.png.1a0f02b4b248894e9c630689df21df53.png

ROMFORD COLLIER ROW (South) DIVISION
image.png.9d8d742c980a40d8ba3459046a04ecce.png

image.png.abd099f96fd14133c8edd270456c4b88.png

NEXT WEEK - SPRING WEEK 12, 6th April 2019
Div 1

image.png.181725c502e6b595e6c804ad3aaab99e.png
Div 2
image.png.2c372f4b02614f4a2cca8417e91019d4.png

Please Predict on :

Sampdoria v Roma
Newcastle v Palace
Hearts v Hibs (12:30)
Harlow v Potters Bar
Hornchurch v Haringey Boro
Att:

Loving y'all.  I may even visit RM14 on Saturday so get your bribes ready. (A beer is just fine thanks).

Jago

Sampdoria 2 v 1 Roma
Newcastle 2 v 2 Palace
Hearts 2 v 1 Hibs (12:30)
Harlow 1 v 2 Potters Bar
Hornchurch 2 v 1 Haringey Boro
Att: 249

Sampdoria 0v 1Roma
Newcastle2 v 1Palace
Hearts1 v 1Hibs (12:30)
Harlow 3v 2Potters Bar
Hornchurch 2v0 Haringey Boro
Att:289

Polite warning to Blackballed - those line feeds will create mayhem when I copy into excel as they will overwrite formulae.  Which means I have to copy the lines one by one and it makes me VERY ANNOYED and wastes my VALUABLE drinking time. SO - sort it out or you will get an official warning. And as Cup of Tea and will vouch, a second offence leads to point(s) deducted.  I missed giving this warning to Lord Upminster the other week, but that was because I'd had a more pleasant day at work.  So - the same applies to the Marshland Tractor Boy.

There - having manned up and got that off my chest, here are the correct scores :

Sampdoria 1-1 Roma
Newcastle 2-1 Palace
Hearts 1-2 Hibs (12:30)
Harlow 1-2 Potters Bar
Hornchurch 2-1 Haringey Boro
Att: 266

Sorry John, I copy and paste from the one above and change to suit. I tried this 3 or 4 times with various other posts but they all came up in line form. Not being as computer literate as yourself I tried to make it look correct ..... my bad ?will try not feck up again.

PS just tried to copy and paste from your post and the same has happened, maybe you could explain how this has occurred as it has not happened before.

Sampdoria 0 v 1 Roma
Newcastle 2 v 1 Palace
Hearts 2 v 1 Hibs (12:30)
Harlow 0 v 2 Potters Bar
Hornchurch 2v1 Haringey Boro
Att: 314

On 04/04/2019 at 23:58, Jago said:

Polite warning to Blackballed - those line feeds will create mayhem when I copy into excel as they will overwrite formulae.  Which means I have to copy the lines one by one and it makes me VERY ANNOYED and wastes my VALUABLE drinking time. SO - sort it out or you will get an official warning. And as Cup of Tea and will vouch, a second offence leads to point(s) deducted.  I missed giving this warning to Lord Upminster the other week, but that was because I'd had a more pleasant day at work.  So - the same applies to the Marshland Tractor Boy.

There - having manned up and got that off my chest, here are the correct scores :

Sampdoria 1-1 Roma
Newcastle 2-1 Palace
Hearts 1-2 Hibs (12:30)
Harlow 1-2 Potters Bar
Hornchurch 2-1 Haringey Boro
Att: 266

On 05/04/2019 at 12:11, blackballed said:

Sorry John, I copy and paste from the one above and change to suit. I tried this 3 or 4 times with various other posts but they all came up in line form. Not being as computer literate as yourself I tried to make it look correct ..... my bad ?will try not feck up again.

PS just tried to copy and paste from your post and the same has happened, maybe you could explain how this has occurred as it has not happened before.

Well it does seem you are trying very hard so I shall let you off :) .  I've tried cutting and pasting in various ways and don't get the problem.  It may be a browser-specific issue - what are you using?  It seems fine on Chrome and Firefox but I haven't tried Safari etc.

Certainly if I copy your entry into Word there are paragraph breaks at the end of each line rather than just line feeds (which everyone else has that I checked and which is what go into the original fixtures posting) so something weird is happening at Blackballed Towers

One method might be to use "PASTE > UNFORMATTED TEXT" rather than a simple paste - but I can't tell because by the time it goes onto the forum the damage is done

if anyone else is having this problem - or has solved it - please let me know.     @Lord Upminster - can you remember doing something different the other week?

Many thanks

Archived