Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bowers & Pitsea v Enfield Town

seemgee

16 hours ago, littlehampton said:

Well done to Andy and the boys. Back to back Saturday away wins, a clean sheet, and three points to move us up the IPL table.
Good preparation for our FA Cup match next Saturday! Don't miss it. COYT

Yes good away win,looking forward to next week's game.

See you there LH

COYT

The wind was the dominant factor in this game.

First half we were kicking against the wind but were able to put in the hard yards to secure a penalty.

I thought the goalies activities leading up to the taking of the kick were the highlight of the half. He tried to psyche Britnell out by standing over the ball on the spot. The ref had to remind him that in the taking of penalties his position was on the goal line. He dived to the right (his left) a good half a second before Britnell kicked the ball and so all Britnell had to do was kick the ball into an empty net.

The penalty was deserved as Britnell was sandwiched between two Bowers players and obviously he went down under their challenge.

Again Faal received no protection from the ref and he went down time after time. I think he should have been subbed earlier even at half time. It was clear in the first half that his ankle was giving him trouble and I would not be surprised if he does not make the team next week.

Second half we had the wind and slope and were prepared for Concorde to come on at us. We hit the bar on one of our few attacks (direct from a free kick out wide on the left around 25 yards from goal) but in my view the result was hardly in doubt despite pressure from Concorde. Their number 7 impressed but I did not think that they had other quality players who could upset us. As the season progresses I think Concorde will struggle.

One thing Concorde have a plastic pitch so in my view that must be worth a goal advantage at home.

Archived