Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v AFC Rushden & Diamonds

seemgee

First game I have seen since the Horsham debacle and I can’t really say there’s been a vast improvement, true we won but it was a backs against the wall at times against a workmanlike opponent, muleba is a wasted talent playing at centreback but I guess needs must, every time a ball crossed into our box you held your breath hoping it wasn’t going to end up in the back of our net,I thought McDonald was our standout performer and kept us in the game at times, Taaffe and Youngs had really poor games in my opinion both giving the ball away frequently and needlessly I thought Faal took his goal extremely well, the referee made some baffling decisions at times but a win is a win and let’s hope the next round draw is kind to us

I don't agree. I thought that either side could snatch a win and we did. You have to recognise that Rushden are one of the top clubs in the Southern league.

It is true that mcdonald had a good game and dealt ably with the crosses but we rode our luck and the goal was well taken.

I also considered that the ref made many poor decisions perhaps the worst was one of our defenders got scythed down into the second half and absolutely nothing was given. And why he did not ensure that throw ons were taken roughly where the ball went off especially in the second half when the long throw expert came on.

I thought that the better team lost today. We are far to slow in moving the ball forward because we receive it and look for the pass, normally sideways or backwards. We have nobody within the team who is willing to get their foot on the ball and move forward with it and take a player on. Ultimately we get frustrated and kick it long and give back possession. I'd love to see a Billy Crook type player back in the centre of the midfield. Albeit I wasn't Dan Rumens biggest fan,  I'm surprised that we let him leave given that Glen ( I don't know his surname ) has been injured ever since he got here and we haven't got a replacement. Jon Muleba is wasted as a cover centre half ! Got out of jail today.

A good cup tie between to evenly matched sides both at the top end of their divisions. Rushden will be disappointed not to have got at least a replay. But stopping goals is as much as part of the game as scoring them and we defended well. Many good performances. And of course a bit of magic from super sub Muhammadu. 

Looking forward to Monday’s draw. 

15 hours ago, Wildlife rescue said:

I Believe it's not a money thing with Sam.

Its work commitments which were making it almost impossible for Sam to commit to our club.

I see that Sam Chaney started on the bench for the same team as Liam Hope on saturday. It seems he's been able to commit to another club.

58 minutes ago, Wildlife rescue said:

Well that's very disappointing to say the least.

Maybe they are more relaxed regarding his work pattern.

If not the question has to ba asked why Ware and not the Town.

Perhaps a division lower and less expectations on the manager and team from supporters allowing them to be flexible with his availability to play and train?

Archived