Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leighton Town

On 17/03/2021 at 18:21, AlwaysLeighton said:

I wouldn’t really say that’s the end of the world nor a massive talking point from the game?

AlwaysLeighton - I think you are trying to sweep the decision to bring Connor on so late against Leiston under the carpet, if Scott Reynolds had made it in 2017/18 we would never have heard the end of it would we.

6 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - I think you are trying to sweep the decision to bring Connor on so late against Leiston under the carpet, if Scott Reynolds had made it in 2017/18 we would never have heard the end of it would we.

I mean I don’t think that I am?, no maybe not because as you make out, I really don’t like Scott and am treating him with such disrespect! I should be ashamed.

AlwaysLeighton - What's the betting you draw Buckingham Athletic at home in the Challenge Trophy or in the Buckingham Senior Charity Cup next season and the Prodigal Son makes his return to Bell Close, I'm sure there will be many who will welcome him with open arms after his exploits in 2017/18 even to the extent of rolling out the red carpet. 

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - What's the betting you draw Buckingham Athletic at home in the Challenge Trophy or in the Buckingham Senior Charity Cup next season and the Prodigal Son makes his return to Bell Close, I'm sure there will be many who will welcome him with open arms after his exploits in 2017/18 even to the extent of rolling out the red carpet. 

Oh my goodness me, we’ve been over this before...

Have a day off and stop worshiping a man you’ve never even met???

On 29/01/2021 at 19:54, AlwaysLeighton said:

He was more bothered about looking good on a post match interview than he was about coaching his squad of players

AlwaysLeighton - I don't worship Scott Reynolds, I just think he is a good Manager and you are being very unfair on him such as your comment above. I think there is more to it than meets the eye and you are holding a grudge, possibly because he gave you a short shrift at some point during the 2017/18 season, you would have only been about 15 or 16 years old then wouldn't you so would have taken that to heart.  

10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - I don't worship Scott Reynolds, I just think he is a good Manager and you are being very unfair on him such as your comment above. I think there is more to it than meets the eye and you are holding a grudge, possibly because he gave you a short shrift at some point during the 2017/18 season, you would have only been about 15 or 16 years old then wouldn't you so would have taken that to heart.  

Actually, he was rather welcoming to us younger supporters. But, hey, you should know this right? Seems like the 2 of you are best pals!

A match programme from Metropolitan League Stevenage Athletic v then Spartan League Leighton Town in a 1969/70 FA Cup First Qualifying Round tie, at Broadhall Way on Saturday 20 September 1969. Leighton Town won 3-1 in front of a crowd of over 4000 due to it being Stevenage Athletic's first foray in the FA Cup having only formed in 1968 after Stevenage Town folded however the Club went bankrupt in 1976 and Stevenage Borough were then established as a new and separate Club. Leighton Town progressed to the Second Qualifying Round but lost 3-1 at Creasey Park to Southern League Division One Dunstable Town: 

May be an image of text that says "TRIUMPH ALWAYS WINNING side the requirements MACHINE TOOLS HITCHIN KERRY ESCANDIA HOURS STEENAA STEEENSA Saturday olours: STAPLETORS BOTT LTD. ALL 4030 INSURANCES Wallpaper STEVENAGE LEIGHTON ROUND. Kiek-off 3.00 LEIGHTON. BLUE. HUXFORD, NS F.A.I. DAVIES F.R.I.C.S. F.A.L.P.A.. BRIDGE 10. uctioneers Estate SUB: FONLER. McCORMICK HUNTER. Stevenage 55405 TURNEY McCAFFERTY. LINESAN 12. LYNCH. HORNS. HIGH STREET STEVENAGE Telephone: (MIDDX) (MDDX) MIDDX) SON WELWYN GARDEN COACHWORKS Motor Engineers DRAPER Welwyn ROAD CHARLES BALL LTD., Letchworth Building Public Letchworth Power Landscaping LETCHWOR STEVENA AMMOND FOR EMPLOYMENT HITCHIN SCRAP METALS JULIANS ROAD, STEVENAGE DECORATORS"

Lets see what AlwaysLeighton makes of this one, Huntley & Palmers v Leighton United in a 1946/47 Spartan League fixture on Saturday 12 April 1947, a good Huntley & Palmers side won 6-1 at their palatial Reading headquarters in Kensington Road despite just two years after WWII:

No photo description available.

Here's one for AlwaysLeighton, lets see how much he knows about the Club he professes to love. Leighton Town training at Pages Park in August 1967 ahead of the 1967/68 Spartan League campaign having won the South Midlands League Premier Division the season before losing just two games, the players in view are Duncan Harding, Michael Bailey, Mick Warwick, Tony Ross, Dennis Wells, Barry Swain, Melvyn Lownds and Malcolm McCormick:

May be an image of 1 person, standing, playing a sport and outdoors

On 15/03/2021 at 17:20, Rhodes said:

There's an intereting article on Walton & Hersham's website and their boss Scott Harris is very confident of beating Guildford City, if, in the unlikely event, that is the case then Joe Sweeney will be shaking hands with him on 17 April:

A Conversation with Scott Harris: Reflections + the FA Vase | Walton & Hersham Football Club (waltonhershamfc.com)

AlwaysLeighton is as quiet as a church mouse lately isn't he which is surprising with the FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Guildford City or Walton & Hersham less than four weeks away. Further to the article on Walton & Hersham's website recently, Guildford City have also previewed the delayed Third Round meeting for the God given right to travel to Bell Close on Saturday 17 April:

Guildford Dragon NEWS | The Guildford Dragon (guildford-dragon.com)

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton is as quiet as a church mouse lately isn't he which is surprising with the FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Guildford City or Walton & Hersham less than four weeks away. Further to the article on Walton & Hersham's website recently, Guildford City have also previewed the delayed Third Round meeting for the God given right to travel to Bell Close on Saturday 17 April:

Guildford Dragon NEWS | The Guildford Dragon (guildford-dragon.com)

Hey Rhodes ?, missed you.

Looking forward to working at the Guildford game and at the game at Bell Close too...

It wasn't the best of resumptions for Leighton Town last night as they went down 5-3 to Oxhey Jets at Bell Close in a friendly fixture ahead of their all important FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Guildford City or Walton & Hersham on Saturday 17 April. At least there was a nice team photograph taken:

May be an image of 23 people, people playing American football, people standing and outdoors

On 25/03/2021 at 15:52, AlwaysLeighton said:

Looking forward to working at the Guildford game 

AlwaysLeighton - What do you mean by this, have you got some sort of involvement tomorrow afternoon, is the delayed Third Round tie going to be streamed, you can't really see Walton & Hersham springing a surprise can you:

Walton-Hersham-H.png?fit=787%2C462&ssl=1

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - What do you mean by this, have you got some sort of involvement tomorrow afternoon, is the delayed Third Round tie going to be streamed, you can't really see Walton & Hersham springing a surprise can you:

Walton-Hersham-H.png?fit=787%2C462&ssl=1

I’ll be reporting at Spectrum on the 10th of April...

Yes I can, Walton & Hersham to win it for me. Guildford clearly not wanting any part in the Vase as they’ve already booked in games for the weekends after. Be a W&H win for me. 

Live Stream potentially for the game on the 17th at Bell Close mind you... ;) 

Leighton Town made amends for their disappointing 5-3 defeat to Oxhey Jets on Tuesday evening by defeating Baldock Town 3-1 at Bell Close this afternoon in another friendly fixture, it was looking comfortable at 2-0 after half an hour however a dogged Baldock Town pulled a goal back on 65 minutes before another Leighton Town goal on 81 minutes sealed the win for Joe Sweeney's men:

Billede

On 03/04/2021 at 03:16, AlwaysLeighton said:

Live Stream potentially for the game on the 17th at Bell Close

AlwaysLeighton - Yes, good news, £5.99 isn't unreasonable is it:

FA VASE 17TH APRIL
Leighton Town FC is delighted to announce that the FA Vase Fourth Round game on Saturday 17th April will be live streamed. To ensure the best quality possible, we are employing a highly experienced, reputable media and broadcasting company to film and stream. To cover costs and raise some much needed revenue for the club, we will be charging £5.99, a price the company have told us is standard for a game of this importance at this level. Details of how supporters can purchase the game will be released over the week-end.
We hope our fantastic supporters will take advantage of this exciting new service, one if successful, we plan to utilise again if we progress further in the competition.
Nb: It is important that all our supporters understand and respect that there will be no access to the site next Saturday in line with government laws and FA rules. We are all disappointed about this but the health and safety of supporters and players and officials must be the priority. A reminder too that the cricket and tennis club premises are private property and supporters must respect this.
Purchase, sit back and enjoy the game in the comfort of your own home.
Here’s hoping for a great game and most importantly a Town win!
Thank-you to all supporters in anticipation of your support and co-operation.
Leighton Town Executive Committee

I am sure that one of these guys is AlwaysLeighton, are they old enough to be drinking alcohol I wonder. On the Ampthill Army podcast yesterday (first link) I couldn't work out why it was all about Leighton Town and not their own Club but it was a good listen anyway, albeit a bit childish ?

Episode 12 - With Leighton Town's Very Own Kieran Carvell & Ben Davage! - The Ampthill Army Podcast! | Podcast on Spotify

Town Talk episode 1: Kieran Carvell - Town Talk | Podcast on Spotify

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

On 03/04/2021 at 03:16, AlwaysLeighton said:

Yes I can, Walton & Hersham to win it for me. Guildford clearly not wanting any part in the Vase as they’ve already booked in games for the weekends after. Be a W&H win for me. 

AlwaysLeighton -.Fair play on your prediction, you won't want it to go to penalties at Bell Close next Saturday as Walton & Hersham were like West Germany in Turin in 1990 with their penalties this afternoon although you wouldn't know about that.

Leighton Town face a big dilemma on Saturday and will have to change the kick off time of their FA Vase Fourth Round tie with Walton & Hersham so as not to clash with the funeral of the His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh:

“As a mark of respect, The FA will be recommending that no football fixtures take place between 14:45 and 16:15. FA Vase 4th Round will also be moved and we have asked participating clubs to agree a suitable revised kick off time”.

FA recommendations for football on Saturday 17 April in light of Royal funeral (thefa.com)

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

I see that AlwaysLeighton has been hard at work over the last 24 hours and the FA Vase Fourth Round tie on Saturday will now kick off at 6.00pm:

Saturday’s Buildbase FA Vase tie at Bell Close against Walton & Hersham now kicks off at 6PM as we pay our respects to the late Duke of Edinburgh. We are currently speaking to FilmMyMatch, the company booked to be providing the Live Stream coverage at Bell Close on Saturday, to see if they are still able to provide the coverage at the new KO time. An update will follow later today:

Billede