Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leighton Town

56 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Yes! Back for another season!

Some pedigree upfront next season then ?

Joe Fitzgerald has signed from Aylesbury Vale Dynamo FC he was Aylesburys Vale Dynamos most played player last season with 34 games and 1 goal.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Absolutely brilliant signing

AlwaysLeighton - I think you are going to say that no matter who Leighton Town sign but I really admire your enthusiasm and support of your Club, it's a shame Joes doesn't come on anymore to give us his thoughts on the season ahead. As you say the signing of Connor Calcutt could be something really special, I see that he played in the FA Vase Fourth Round tie for Eynesbury Rovers in January, making his first appearance for the Club whilst dual registerred with Bedford Town, how did he seem to you that afternoon if you remember as on paper it was a frightening partnership with Jordan Brown, I also see that Connor has his own Wikipedia page which makes interesting reading: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connor_Calcutt

https://www.huntspost.co.uk/sport/football/local-side-stung-by-high-scoring-substitute-in-exit-against-leighton-town-1-6462805

On 21/07/2020 at 16:18, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - I think you are going to say that no matter who Leighton Town sign but I really admire your enthusiasm and support of your Club, it's a shame Joes doesn't come on anymore to give us his thoughts on the season ahead. As you say the signing of Connor Calcutt could be something really special, I see that he played in the FA Vase Fourth Round tie for Eynesbury Rovers in January, making his first appearance for the Club whilst dual registerred with Bedford Town, how did he seem to you that afternoon if you remember as on paper it was a frightening partnership with Jordan Brown, I also see that Connor has his own Wikipedia page which makes interesting reading: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connor_Calcutt

https://www.huntspost.co.uk/sport/football/local-side-stung-by-high-scoring-substitute-in-exit-against-leighton-town-1-6462805

I know of both of our 2 signings, so I know they’re good signings of high quality. If we made a signing that I thought was poor or even mediocre, i’d be the first too say so.

on the day at Eynesbury, he was okay at best. He hadn’t played much football at all for a while, so he was just re-finding his feet. He probably should’ve come off the bench rather than start to be honest. 

however, he’ll regain his sharpness and I have no doubt he’ll score 30+ goals with ease!

6 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

I know of both of our 2 signings, so I know they’re good signings of high quality. If we made a signing that I thought was poor or even mediocre, i’d be the first too say so.

on the day at Eynesbury, he was okay at best. He hadn’t played much football at all for a while, so he was just re-finding his feet. He probably should’ve come off the bench rather than start to be honest. 

however, he’ll regain his sharpness and I have no doubt he’ll score 30+ goals with ease!

Happy with your pre season line up?

18 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

There are just one or two doubts in my mind that Connor will emulate Webby at Bell Close but I hope I am wrong and you are right. Farnborough put a pen straight into his hand as soon as he left the pitch following the Southern League Division One Central play off final with Barton Rovers in 2016/17 where he had scored 28 league goals in just 33 appearances, in the play off semi final against Marlow at Sharpenhoe Road Connor scored in a 2-0 win. He seems to have a great personality going by this interview on his arrival at Farnborough in June 2017 and will be popular in the dressing room which I know will be important to Joe Sweeney: 

Edited by Rhodes

YouTube action from a 2016/17 SSML Premier Division fixture, at Bell Close on Saturday 1 April 2017, between Leighton Town and Sun Sports which Sun Sports won 1-0 in what was sadly their last full season in the SSML. Leighton Town had a very disappointing campaign finishing a lowly sixteenth and had exited every cup competition by 1 November:

I really enjoyed watching the first episode of 'Town Talk' published recently:

Photographs from a 2015/16 FA Trophy First Qualifying Round tie between Enfield Town and Leighton Town, at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium on 31 October 2015, Enfield Town won 4-0 with Leighton Town not really at the races that afternoon in what was surprisingly the Club's first ever meeting according to the match report:

https://www.leightontownfc.co.uk/teams/11587/match-centre/2-29412/report

Enfield Town 4 Leighton Town 0 (31/10/15)

Edited by Rhodes

This may well interest AlwaysLeighton, a report from when Connor Calcutt plied his trade at Broadwater for Berkhamsted and I see James Towell was a Comrades player too back then. I expect Connor can't wait to get started at Bell Close however I still think AlwaysLeighton's prediction of '30+ goals with ease' is rather optimistic but we'll see:

Connor Calcutt at the double for the in-form Comrades

August 28, 2013

A goal in each half from Connor Calcutt handed Berkhamsted a 2-0 win at St Margaretsbury and maintained their impressive opening to the campaign.

The Comrades started well and were on top for long spells of the game, eventually forcing a deserved breakthrough.

Josh Chamberlain won a corner which he took himself, picking out tall centre-back Ed Canham who headed against the crossbar – with Calcutt on hand to nod home the rebound.

Joel Maybury and his side were uncomfortable whenever Canham came up for corners and free-kicks, with the defender heading another Chamberlain corner just over the bar.

At the other end, Davy Edmee looked the only St Margaretsbury player likely to trouble Berko’s settled defence, who kept a clean sheet for the first time this season.

The hosts did hit the foot of the post in the first half, but Berko forward James Towell came into the game and had one goal disallowed for a push before seeing a header saved by Ben Bateman.

Berko forced three successive corners early in the second half and Steve Hawes had a shot kicked off the line as the visitors continued to press.

Ashley Addison came on for Towell and soon afterwards Berko doubled the lead.

A fine ball released Calcutt who sprung the offside trap and netted with a low shot past the advancing Bateman to make sure of the three points.

The victory makes it four wins on the spin for Berko, and moves them up to fourth place in the SMML Premier Division.

Next up for the Comrades is an FA Cup clash against Harefield United at Broadwater on Saturday, kick-off 3pm.

Berko go into the game as slight favourites, having won 3-1 when the two sides met in the league earlier this season.

https://baga.rssing.com/chan-1133759/all_p47.html

We're scraping the barrel a bit now however photographs from a 2007/08 Capital League encounter between Enfield Town Reserves and Leighton Town Reserves, at Goldsdown Road on Monday 21 April 2008, Enfield Town Reserves won 7-1:

Enfield Town Res 7 Leighton Town Res 1 (21/04/08)

Edited by Rhodes

3 hours ago, tringarmy said:

Leighton match postponed tonight as their pitch has been dug up by badgers!! 

You couldn't make it up could ya ? 

How many holes did they make? And were they big badgers? ?

6 hours ago, Savagebee said:

You couldn't make it up could ya ? 

How many holes did they make? And were they big badgers? ?

Just home from a few days away so might try & look over the fence in the morning.

10 hours ago, tringarmy said:

Just home from a few days away so might try & look over the fence in the morning.

Probably waterlogged now ?

• 2 weeks later...

Some YouTube action from yesterday's (29 August) friendly beteeen Southern League Division One Central Thame United and Leighton Town at the ASM Stadium, Leighton Town found themselves 2-0 in arrears after only half an hour and at the interval however fought themselves back into the game during the second period with two goals from Connor Calcutt and an equaliser in stoppage time. Thame United could have wrapped the game up at 2-1 when they were awarded a penalty however the trialist goalkeeper saved it with his feet having come on shortly before for Brad Kirkwood: