Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leighton Town

5 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

How long was Webb at Leighton and where had he played before?

I think last season was his first season at Leighton Town FC? He's played for Potton United FC.

Last season was Webby’s first and only season at Bell Close. Considering he only had about 4 goals at the start of October, he’s been absolutely unbelievable. If he had taken early chances in the season, coupled with the 18 games we had left that of course we didn’t play, he would’ve got easily 60, maybe even 70 goals. A serious talent and deserves his opportunity at Step 2! 

Joe was the one who broke the news of him leaving on Twitter and I know he feels the same way. Whilst gutted to have him and his goals now leaving our squad, it’s a proud moment for him and the rest of the club, to have a player move 3 levels higher! 

He will be hard to replace, but I’m 100% sure there’s new players in the pipeline...

9 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Last season was Webby’s first and only season at Bell Close. Considering he only had about 4 goals at the start of October, he’s been absolutely unbelievable. If he had taken early chances in the season, coupled with the 18 games we had left that of course we didn’t play, he would’ve got easily 60, maybe even 70 goals. A serious talent and deserves his opportunity at Step 2! 

Joe was the one who broke the news of him leaving on Twitter and I know he feels the same way. Whilst gutted to have him and his goals now leaving our squad, it’s a proud moment for him and the rest of the club, to have a player move 3 levels higher! 

He will be hard to replace, but I’m 100% sure there’s new players in the pipeline...

Any SSML strikers you would like to see replacing Webb at Leighton next season?

3 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Not really to be honest, no one quite on the man’s level! 

??

16 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

So was he playing well below his level or did the club transform him in the short time he was there?

13 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

So was he playing well below his level or did the club transform him in the short time he was there?

No, he was a real danger at Potton last season when I originally take notice of him. However, when we put him through the middle, he became a different player in my opinion and was unplayable every week! 

24 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

No, he was a real danger at Potton last season when I originally take notice of him. However, when we put him through the middle, he became a different player in my opinion and was unplayable every week! 

Did he sign as a wide player then?

It’s a hell of a jump in levels, will be interested to see how he gets on, that scoring record bodes well though. Looks like they’ve signed a few lads from steps below. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

22 goals from 48 games at Potton United in the SSML in 2018/19

4 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

42 from 44 with 18 games not played in 19/20.

he signed as a wide player yes

Smart move putting him through the middle then. That ratio is up their with the best I can think of in recent years. 

Not SSML but over 100 photographs from Leighton Town v Slough Town, at Bell Close on 2 November 2013, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2013/14, Leighton Town won 1-0 with former Slough Town player Dom Marsala netting on 87 minutes:

https://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/4861

02-11-13 Leighton Town v Slough Town

Edited by Rhodes

Over 100 photographs from Slough Town v Leighton Town on 22 March 2014, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2013/14, Slough Town gained sweet revenge for their 1-0 defeat at Bell Close earlier in the campaign with a 4-1 win with Kieran Doughty scoring first for Leighton Town:

https://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/4883

22-03-14 Slough Town v Leighton Town

Edited by Rhodes

Over 100 photographs from Leighton Town v Slough Town, at Bell Close on 29 October 2011, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2011/12, Slough Town won 1-0 with a goal shortly after the break however Ben Gallant then disappointingly missed a penalty for the hosts when enjoying the lions share of the play and they may well have gone on to win had the spot kick been converted:

https://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/4723

29-10-11 Leighton Town v Slough Town

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Over 100 photographs from Leighton Town v Slough Town, at Bell Close on 29 October 2011, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2011/12, Slough Town won 1-0 with a goal shortly after the break however Ben Gallant then disappointingly missed a penalty for the hosts when enjoying the lions share of the play and they may well have gone on to win had the spot kick been converted:

https://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/4723

The tallest Num 2 ever ?

Leighton Town v Slough Town

44 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

I’m interested as to what people think about Non-League Twitter, specifically in the Spartan. 

I think Leighton’s account is pretty good, the live match updates are always spot on and when the season’s on, lots of good stuff on there. 

Leighton’s is very good, on the whole is say the accounts aren’t great, many only post something if they win, lots don’t even bother with match update. There are a few good accounts though. 

WinslowBoy - I agree, I really like the stuff Leighton put out on Twitter, it always seems to be on the ball and interesting! 

I think a social media account can help a club, gives them a platform to attract fans and people in general like groundhoppers etc. It’s a shame that some of them don’t keep them updated. Leighton’s has really taken a massive turn for the better in the last 18 months! 

Over 100 photographs from Slough Town v Leighton Town at Holloways Park on 21 April 2012, in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2011/12, Leighton Town won 3-0 with second half goals from Ross Hanley, Ben Gallant and Leon Simpson. The result scuppered Slough Town's chances of the Championship and they finished second to St Neots Town, failing in the play offs in a hard fought Semi Final against their landlords Beaconsfield SYCOB after extra time:

https://www.sloughtownfc.net/reports/4751

21-04-12 Slough Town v Leighton Town

Edited by Rhodes