Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leighton Town

Former Leighton Town FC Striker James Hatch was decent where is he now?

1 hour ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

I think he was at Eynesbury before the season was declared null and void. He was at Arlesey for about 18 months as well.

He's been around for a while now. He always scored goals when he's been playing for Leighton Town FC.

Not SSML but over 100 photographs from Guildford City v Leighton Town on 20 October 2012 in a Southern League Division One Central fixture from 2012/13, Guildford City won 1-0. Leighton Town are in blue by the way as Guildford City also play in red and white stripes:

Leighton Town (H) 20/10/2012

Edited by Rhodes

Only the one photograph but just to say that the Leighton Town Football Club sign behind the goal is heaven where taking photographs is concerned, there is actually a lot of really good signage at Bell Close, both inside and outside, which is always a groundhoppers dream and there have been plenty of those visiting over the years, sometimes you go to a ground and there are very few signs, if any, or ones that are barely visible: 

Leighton Town Football Club. Martyn Haworth. MH Sports Photo 

Edited by Rhodes

A really informative local community type page about the Club which seems to be kept regularly up to date, I was saddened to hear about the passing of Maurice Luff on 16 March, aged 86, who was involved with the Club for over seventy years including as a player back in the day and physio:

https://www.localgymsandfitness.com/GB/Leighton-Buzzard/1583088508623552/Home-Of-Leighton-Town-FC

I see Ollie Bayliss has this picture of the Leighton Town FC choir on his twitter page ? ⬇️

600x200

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss

Rhodes & Savagebee - the ‘Shed End’ signage has always been fantastic. It’s the first visual point as you enter the ground, so I believe it’s something the club have always liked having there and of course for good reason! 

Nice to see Mr Non League himself has us as his Twitter cover photo! That Eastbourne game he came and covered and I know he really enjoyed. We then had the excellent Alan Harris follow us to Eynesbury, Bradford and Corinthian! 

I expect AlwaysLeighton is crying into his beer tonight:

image.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Danny Webb got a move to Hemel. 

Wow that's a big one!

Where did you hear that WB?

I see Hemel have also signed the ex Kings Langley FC and Berkhamsted FC striker Matt Bateman and the ex Leverstock Green FC striker Johnathan Lacey.

Great signings for Hemel eh!

Are they going to play 3 upfront then? ?

Edited by Savagebee

42 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

I see Hemel have also signed the ex Kings Langley FC and Berkhamsted FC striker Matt Bateman and the ex Leverstock Green FC striker Johnathan Lacey.

Savagebee - Yes, that's right, Bateman was also at Pancake Lane and in his short time there during the 2017/18 campaign netted 17 goals in 18 league appearances before moving to Berkhamsted and after starting that season at Kings Langley, he was also at Leighton Town briefly during the 2016/17 season playing 12 games and was at Berkhamsted whilst they were still a SSML Club helping them to promotion to the Southern League in 2017/18:

http://www.nonleague.today/news/details.php?news_id=7077

We need the views of the Leighton Town Massive? ?

AlwaysLeighton?, Joes? and LeightonLad?

I think that's the Leighton Town Three? ?

Edited by Savagebee

On 20/06/2020 at 22:40, Savagebee said:

We need the views of the Leighton Town Massive? ?

AlwaysLeighton?, Joes? and LeightonLad?

I think that's the Leighton Town Three? ?

It’s true, Webby’s gone. However, as gutted as I may be that he’s gone, it’s a wonderful opportunity for him and he deserves it. 42 goals in 44 games. Unbelievable.

its also a massive credit to the club, to have a player move 3 steps higher. I wish him all the best and massively proud and happy for him.

AlwaysLeighton - How do you think Joes feels about losing Webby, it's a big body blow to him isn't it, hopefully he will come on here later to tell us and also how he plans to replace him at Bell Close but I wouldn't mind betting that he says exactly the same as you that it’s a wonderful opportunity for Webby at Hemel Hempstead Town:

T0FLMTE4ODA0NDc3.jpg

9 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

It’s true, Webby’s gone. However, as gutted as I may be that he’s gone, it’s a wonderful opportunity for him and he deserves it. 42 goals in 44 games. Unbelievable.

its also a massive credit to the club, to have a player move 3 steps higher. I wish him all the best and massively proud and happy for him.

Webb was always going to attract interest from other clubs so I'm not really surprised that he has left the club. 42 goals and there was still two months of the season left to play ?.

Webb will be hard to replace that's for sure.