Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Folkestone v Enfield Town

seemgee

Yes would be great to hear views on what happens - assume we didn't video the game (we seem to have stopped videoing away games this season - any reason why?)

https://fifc.proboards.com/thread/6332/invicta-enfield-match-updates

Here are the Folkestone fans take on the game … few interesting comments …. and clip of great save from Nathan!

suppose we would have taken a point beforehand, but we are now 9 points from the play offs - so need to start a winning run soon.

Stortford have lost their last 6 - so Tuesday is a must win 3 points

Normally a point away at Folkstone would be a cracking result but following a dire performance against Lewes draws are not enough...the lack of comments could be due to the declining lack of interest in this season.... stop start with the weather... a distinct lack of excitement with no cup run and very little excitement on the pitch.... the number of people I’ve spoken to that really couldn’t care about scrapping into the playoffs with this set up ...promotion would be an embarrassment.... get this season over with and hopefully big changes next season....

Back in November we lost 1-3 at home to Folkestone, and in their last six matches they have beaten Hornchurch (2-1), East Thurrock (3-1), and League table-toppers Worthing (1-0), so they are not a bad side, and are probably strong contenders for a play-off place.

In the absence of any comments so far from the Town faithful who travelled to the game, it is interesting to read the Folkestone supporters take on the match, which they conclude could have gone either way, particularly in the last half an hour. Also, special mention of an outstanding goal-keeping performance by Nathan, and a fine video clip showing his superb save from an Invicta goal-bound free kick.

Never the easiest of grounds to pick-up points, so a decent away performance and result against a side currently lying 4th in the Table. Well done guys!

Let's hope we can repeat our FA trophy win at Stortford on Tuesday evening, and produce another top draw performance next Saturday at the QE2 stadium, in front of a big crowd, when we host league leaders Worthing.

Always amuses me that when we have a bad result this message board is full of comments but quiet when we have a decent result. 
Anyway my view is that promotion would be a step to far for us at the moment. We need to grow our club and develop additional sources of income. The Academy for next season is a big step in the right direction but I do think we need a bigger fan base than 400 to compete at the next level. 
Some fans - on here at least - seem dissatisfied with being in the top half - I dread to think how they would feel if we do go up and find ourselves in a relegation battle. 
Anyway I’m looking forward to the visit of the League leaders next Saturday. Should be a good test and hopefully we will get a good crowd. Maybe prove me wrong. 

I think being satisfied with this season is a lot worse than being dissatisfied.... at least the latter shows ambition.... glad you agree with me RK that the play offs are pointless unless the club is ready which we are clearly not on and off the field.... so what is going to change next season ... please someone give me some hope for the future.... coz without that hope we will never get that 400+ you stated we needed.....

ok Theo here we go

Next season we will loose Billy and possibly Marc   both on contract ends this year if im right in thinking

the average attendance will be below 330 at home games

we will win some cup/trophy games

we will be top of the league come may

I will win the lottery

and the pig will start flying

interesting fact for you as our home attendances are going down quicker than the Titanic  for us to be the same as last season or better we need 2776  for the last 5 games  which is about 555 per game

cant see that happening we are lucky to hit 400  

28 minutes ago, old towner said:

ok Theo here we go

Next season we will loose Billy and possibly Marc   both on contract ends this year if im right in thinking

the average attendance will be below 330 at home games

we will win some cup/trophy games

we will be top of the league come may

I will win the lottery

and the pig will start flying

Can I share your £10.00 win on the lottery?

Last season’s average attendance was 406.(from football web pages)

this season so far is 364.

Difference of 42 per game.

X 21 games = 882.

X £9.00 = £7938.00(mid point fee between £7.00 and £11.00)

That’s a lot to lose in a season.

Something has to happen on the field of play to get those missing supporters back and attract new ones.

have we tried to advertise any one with a season ticket to spurs arsenal west ham Chelsea barnet  get in half price ?? the way spurs are playing we may get a few

advertise in local papers

Even the great Enfield sides of the 70s and 80s only attracted gates of 500 - 600 or so for most league fixtures often less. So the fact that our average  attendance is around the 360 is a reflection of our location. Many other football options exist for Enfield based football supporters. 

What a difference it would make if we got the type of crowds being enjoyed by Worthing. 

This has arguably been one if not most successful seasons we have had , consistently in the top 7 or 8 ,  one of our better FA cup runs and our best ever FA Trophy run. So it’s disappointing we haven’t improved on last seasons average which makes me think we may have reached our level  for the time being. I’d very much like to be proved wrong come May  

Even so it’s no mean achievement to have established ourselves as an Isthmian Premier League club  but to move on we need to grow our club - it can be done but it will not be easy. 

Was surprised to see us lining up without a recognised wide player on Saturday, with Lewis injured and Lyle and Bobson both on the bench. We did put in a decent performance though, helped by Billy's early spectacular lob. Scott was probably MoM for me in the middle of the park.

Agree with Theodopolous that a point away at Folkestone would usually be a decent result - we're in the stage of the season now though where we need to start picking up 3 points consistently if we're to have any chance of pushing for that play-off spot. 9 points off Carshalton in that final play-off spot at the moment, but we do have 3 games in hand so the wins are now very important. Hope we can start with one away at Bishops Stortford tomorrow night.

Archived