Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Shutdown

I expect sales of the Non League Paper will be well down today compared to previous first Sunday's after Christmas and the Boxing Day action:

0000.jpg

I expect today's Non League Paper is all about the National League and little or nothing else other than next weekend's FA Cup Third Round ties involving Marine, Chorley, Stockport County, Boreham Wood and Trannmere Rovers: 

0000.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

2 hours ago, Arsenal fan said:

page 2 is full of SSMFL interest. All about the fight to keep football in Berkhamsted and at Broadwater

Arsenal Fan - Thanks, that's interesting, I can't get the Non League Paper in Denmark. I'm listening to Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show as we speak as I'm sure you are or will listen to it later, the Chairman of the Berkhamsted Sports Ground Charitable Association Limited (BSGCA), Paul Forster, is certainly talking a good game isn't he but I think Ollie has his number and doesn't trust a word he is saying.

National lockdown incoming, I imagine provisionally until the end of Jan but probably longer, followed by tiers at least until spring. Pack your bags gentlemen, season is over. 

Following the Prime Minister's announcement at 8.00pm tonight, is that definitely it now then, the 2020/21 SSML campaign is all over bar the shouting or is there still hope:

Covid: New lockdown for England amid 'hardest weeks' - BBC News

135581015_2812145562365098_6768445888261997306_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=cgoZ9_vRiocAX8O2jXt&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&tp=7&oh=1b1049c3b0807b16bcf506958dd626bc&oe=60183A85

I expect the Non League Paper is all about Chorley today and little or nothing else, I see that they are the first team from the sixth tier to reach the Fourth Round of the FA Cup since Havant & Waterlooville's exploits in 2007/08 when they beat Leighton Town along the way before finally losing at Anfield after taking the lead twice including a goal from journeyman Richard Pacquette:

0000.jpg

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

I expect the Non League Paper is all about Chorley today and little or nothing else, I see that they are the first team from the sixth tier to reach the Fourth Round of the FA Cup since Havant & Waterlooville's exploits in 2007/08 when they beat Leighton Town along the way before finally losing at Anfield after taking the lead twice including a goal from journeyman Richard Pacquette:

0000.jpg

An experienced side from that level was always going to brush off a youth side. I played away at Marine once, nice set up so I’m looking forward to that one. 

Is there anything of interest in the Non League Paper today:

0000.jpg

Has anybody ventured out as yet and braved the elements to pick up their copy of today's Non League Paper:

0000.jpg

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks on the last day of January, normally it would be full to the brim with match reports although at least there were ten National League matches played yesterday. The article on Julian Dicks looks interesting, I believe he is out of the game at the moment since leaving the Coaching staff at West Brom just before Christmas, before that he did really well as boss at Heybridge Swifts:  

0000.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

I wonder how much of January and February would have been lost anyway to the weather and with all the snow forecast for tonight and most of tomorrow. It is some consolation I suppose and Karen would have had to work her fingers to the bone to fit all the lost fixtures into March, April and early May particularly if it had been a normal season and we would have had the four domestic cup competitions as well as all the County cups, Buckingham Senior Charity Cup, West Herts St Mary's Cup, North Beds Charity Cup, Hinchingbrooke Cup, you name it: 

UK weather - Storm Darcy to hit South East with 30cm of snow as icy Russian air sends mercury plunging to -10C (thesun.co.uk)

Has anybody ventured out as yet to their local newsagent, if its open, or the nearest supermarket for today's Non League Paper, supermarkets tend not to open until 11.00 on a Sunday do they. Anyway I expect it is all about yesterday's FA Trophy Fifth Round ties and the ongoing National League fiasco:

0000.jpg

On 29/11/2020 at 09:58, Rhodes said:

I still find it strange why Hollywood actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney should want to purchase Wrexham, it doesn't make any sense does it

I see that Hollywood A-List actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have this week completed the purchase and takeover of Wrexham Football Club, there must be method in their madness mustn't there and I just hope that it doesn't all end it tears:

The Non-League Football Paper

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks, I thought there might have been a clever Valentines Day headline. I see there is an article on the Wrexham takeover and Hollywood A-Listers Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney buying the Club, I must confess I had never heard of them before reading about it:

0000.jpg

On 10/02/2021 at 01:35, Rhodes said:

I see that Hollywood A-List actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have this week completed the purchase and takeover of Wrexham Football Club, there must be method in their madness mustn't there and I just hope that it doesn't all end it tears:

The Non-League Football Paper

Just keeping the Wrexham debate on this thread rather than elsewhere and it is interesting isn't it that in a statement released today the Club say that 'our new owners have committed to meeting the costs of the Club'. Why on earth shouldn't they if they are the new owners, what sort of messege does that send out to the fans:

CLUB STATEMENT | National League vote | Wrexham AFC

"It is our hope that the National League (Step 1) season continues & our new owners have committed to meeting the costs of the Club".

I expect the Non League Paper today is all about the National League situation and little or nothing else however it will still be worth venturing out, and risk getting a fine, in order to get it: 

0000.jpg

The Non League Paper should be a good read today with the four FA Trophy Quarter Final ties taking place yesterday and the ongoing National League saga. Friends of the Forum Hornchurch did well to win 2-1 at Darlington and I wonder whether Uncle Urchin will be in attendance if they do manage to get to the FA Trophy Final at Wembley, former Chairman 'Unc' laid the foundations at Bridge Avenue when the Club were still in the Essex Senior League following its 'rebirth' in 2005:

0000.jpg

Edited by Rhodes