Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Shutdown

On 28/02/2021 at 10:22, Rhodes said:

Friends of the Forum Hornchurch did well to win 2-1 at Darlington and I wonder whether Uncle Urchin will be in attendance if they do manage to get to the FA Trophy Final at Wembley, former Chairman 'Unc' laid the foundations at Bridge Avenue when the Club were still in the Essex Senior League following its 'rebirth' in 2005

Unfortunately Hornchurch drew the short straw today and will travel to Notts County in the one legged Semi Final of the FA Trophy on Saturday 27 March however, having won at Darlington on Saturday, I'm confident that the Urchins can spring another surprise at Meadow Lane: 

Billede

The Non League Paper looks like a good read today going by the front cover, has anybody ventured out as yet to get it. Tony Incenzo's column is always a good read and I gather he is analysing the news that Steps 3 to 6 have been curtailed as well as coveing Step 7 and below:

0000.jpg

Who has been quick out of the traps this morning to pick up the Non League Paper, it must be so much easier to produce these days with only the National League to report on from the day before and also for the fixture section:

0000.jpg

I wonder whether any of the end of season Cup competition fixtures will be at the back of the Non League Paper today, I gather that in Tony Incenzo's column he will outline the case for a new National Cup competition for Club's at Step 7 and below which seems a good idea:

0000.jpg

Did everyone remember to put their clocks forward today, the Non League Paper is the perfect alarm clock anyway on a Sunday isn't it and will be a good read today with 'friends of the Forum' Hornchurch getting to Wembley in the FA Trophy, I wonder whether Uncle Urchin will attend the Final with Hereford:

Billede

The Non League Paper looks an interesting read on this Easter Sunday, in Tony Incenzo's column he speaks to an FA Official about the return of the FA Vase next Saturday and the logistics of staging two seasons of FA Trophy and FA Vase Finals Days at Wembley next month:

Se kildebilledet

I expect AlwaysLeighton has already ventured out to get his copy of the Non League Paper to read about the Guildford City v Walton & Hersham FA Vase Third Round tie he attended yesterday on a spying mission with Joe Sweeney. Tony Incenzo's column covers the return of grassroots football and his visits last week to Whethampstead Wanderers, Ripley Village FC, AFC Walcountians and, wait for it, National Physical Laboratory (NPL) FC based in Teddington:

0000.jpg

On 11/04/2021 at 08:48, Rhodes said:

I expect AlwaysLeighton has already ventured out to get his copy of the Non League Paper to read about the Guildford City v Walton & Hersham FA Vase Third Round tie he attended yesterday on a spying mission with Joe Sweeney. Tony Incenzo's column covers the return of grassroots football and his visits last week to Whethampstead Wanderers, Ripley Village FC, AFC Walcountians and, wait for it, National Physical Laboratory (NPL) FC based in Teddington:

0000.jpg

Were lockdown rules on spectators broken then?

The Non League Paper will not doubt fly off the shelves today with all the FA Vase Fourth Round ties to read about, including Leighton Town's narrow 2-1 win over Walton & Hersham at Bell Close, there's also an interesting looking feature on the Step 4-6 restructuring plans:

0000.jpg

On 10/02/2021 at 01:35, Rhodes said:

I see that Hollywood A-List actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have this week completed the purchase and takeover of Wrexham Football Club, there must be method in their madness mustn't there and I just hope that it doesn't all end it tears:

I see that Hollywood A-List actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have appointed Fleur Robinson as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at the Racecourse Ground, Ms Robinson was instrumental in Burton Albion's meteoric rise to League status and reaching the Championship. It's still a complete mystery as to why Reynolds and McElhenney purchased Wrexham as neither have boyhood connections to the Club or any Welsh blood, it seems like it was on 'a whim' and it will be interesting to see what happens if they do not regain their League status next season from the National League where they are currently in sixth place, fourteen points behind leaders Hartlepool United, albeit in a play off berth: 

Fleur Robinson: “Wrexham Are A Sleeping Giant!” (waterswrites.com)

I expect AlwaysLeighton has already been out to his local newsagent to get a copy of today's Non League Paper, it was nail biting stuff at Cobham yesterday but a deserved win in the end as keeper Brad Kirkwood was never really troubled:

0000.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 21/04/2021 at 20:25, Rhodes said:

It's still a complete mystery as to why Reynolds and McElhenney purchased Wrexham as neither have boyhood connections to the Club or any Welsh blood, it seems like it was on 'a whim' and it will be interesting to see what happens if they do not regain their League status next season from the National League where they are currently in sixth place, fourteen points behind leaders Hartlepool United, albeit in a play off berth 

So Wrexham failed to make the National League playoffs yesterday by only drawing 1-1 at Dagenham & Redbridge, had they won they would have been in a play off berth at the expense of Bromley. Let us see now what Hollywood A-List actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are made of, it doesn't bode well that they have already unceremoniously dismissed Manager Dean Keates and his entire backroom team:

STATEMENT | Dean Keates | Wrexham AFC

Edited by Rhodes

• 2 weeks later...

It's going from bad to worse at the Racecourse Ground isn't it, who remembers the heady days of Mickey Thomas's stunning free kick against Arsenal in a 1991/92 FA Cup Third Round tie with Wrexham going on to win 2-1 as well as reaching the Quarter Finals of the competition in 1973/74, 1977/78 and 1996/97. Now look at the beleaguered Club with high profile goalkeeping coach the latest to depart following the unceremonious sacking of Manager Dean Keates last week and his entire backroom team. I wonder how long it will be before Hollywood 'A-List' actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney also up sticks and leave having missed out on the play-offs by a point, I have to confess I had never heard of them before they bought the Club late last year:

Ex-Premier League keeper Oakes leaves Wrexham role

Michael Oakes has left his role as Wrexham goalkeeper coach.

The 47-year-old, who played in the Premier League for Aston Villa and Wolves, has spent the past two seasons with the Reds.

Oakes had previously been with the club for seven years before departing in 2015.

On leaving this summer, he told the National League side’s website:

“I thought it was a good time. I do believe new Managers should be able to choose their own staff coming in, I’ve always thought that.

“It was nice to be considered to be kept on, but having thought about it, I believed it would be the best for the new manager coming in to bring their own full team in.”

CLUB NEWS | Michael Oakes leaves Wrexham AFC | Wrexham AFC

I think this pretty much says it all doesn't it, in a recent statement to update fans, Hollywood 'A-List' actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney state that they have never once visited Wrexham since buying the Club late last year, what does that tell you:

CHAIRMEN UPDATE | Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds deliver update on progress since the takeover | Wrexham AFC

The frustration of missing out on the National League Play-Offs on the final day when having matters in our own hands at the start of the game was only surpassed by the fact that we haven’t been able to get to Wrexham in person to visit the Club, see a game or start to integrate ourselves fully into the Community.

On 16/06/2021 at 02:14, Rhodes said:

I think this pretty much says it all doesn't it, in a recent statement to update fans, Hollywood 'A-List' actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney state that they have never once visited Wrexham since buying the Club late last year, what does that tell you:

CHAIRMEN UPDATE | Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds deliver update on progress since the takeover | Wrexham AFC

The frustration of missing out on the National League Play-Offs on the final day when having matters in our own hands at the start of the game was only surpassed by the fact that we haven’t been able to get to Wrexham in person to visit the Club, see a game or start to integrate ourselves fully into the Community.

Well, it tells me that there is still travel restrictions from the US to the UK.  I'm sure they will visit.

Britman - Yes, fair point as that hadn't crossed my mind however Hollywood 'A Listers' would have no problem getting around red tape, I believe Tom Cruise for example pretty much commutes between the US and the UK. Out of interest had you ever heard of Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney before they bought Wrexham, I certainly hadn't and there has to be sinister method in their madness.

Edited by Rhodes

I see that, wait for it, Wrexham will travel to Philadelphia to lock horns with Philadelphia Union on Thursday 29 July, the publicity stunt is going to cost Hollywood 'A-List' actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney a pretty penny isn't it bringing the squad over to America and for accommodation:

Rob McElhenney to Bring Wrexham AFC to Philadelphia for a Friendly (wmmr.com)

Wrexham | Page 2 | NonLeagueMatters Forums

On 20/06/2021 at 18:14, Rhodes said:

I see that, wait for it, Wrexham will travel to Philadelphia to lock horns with Philadelphia Union on Thursday 29 July, the publicity stunt is going to cost Hollywood 'A-List' actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney a pretty penny isn't it bringing the squad over to America and for accommodation:

Rob McElhenney to Bring Wrexham AFC to Philadelphia for a Friendly (wmmr.com)

Wrexham | Page 2 | NonLeagueMatters Forums

Rhodes, I think you're hidden away in a non league closet not to know Ryan Reynolds.  But, I will give you a pass on Rob.

• 4 months later...
On 21/06/2021 at 01:14, Rhodes said:

I see that, wait for it, Wrexham will travel to Philadelphia to lock horns with Philadelphia Union on Thursday 29 July, the publicity stunt is going to cost Hollywood 'A-List' actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney a pretty penny isn't it bringing the squad over to America and for accommodation

Sorry to use this thread which might be a bit misleading but, surprise surprise, the 'prestigious' friendly between Philadelphia Union and Wrexham in July was called off, the publicity stunt was never going to happen was it. Also Hollywood 'A-List' actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney finally travelled to Wrexham last month almost a year after buying the Club who currently sit in a miserable thirteenth place in the National League, the beleaguered Club travel to Harrogate Town in the FA Cup First Round tomorrow having scraped past Step 4 Marine after a replay in the Fourth Qualifying Round:

Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney get huge ovation from Wrexham fans as they watch first home game since buying club (thesun.co.uk)

737.png

Friendly
Thursday, July 29th, 2021
Subaru Park
6:00pm kick-off

home.png

The match was postponed due to continuing concerns around the COVID-19 pandemic. The club issued the following statement on 8th July 2021:
It is with significant regret that the Club has taken the decision not to travel to the United States for the game with the Philadelphia Union on July 29, 2021.
The Club have received significant assistance from both the Welsh Government and US Embassy to ensure the complex immigration requirements on both sides of the Atlantic could be satisfied, for which we were exceptionally grateful.
However, the increased risks and continued uncertainty created by COVID-19 have led the Club to make this decision, so as not to expose the players and staff to unnecessary risks that could have a negative impact on preparations for the new season.
We realise that this decision will be disappointing to fans of the Club, as well as those commercial partners who agreed to support the tour, and we apologise to all this decision affects.
Finally, to our new friends at the Philadelphia Union, we do hope to bring this game to fruition at some stage in the next 12 months and we wish you every success for the future.