Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Shutdown

40 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Not SSML related but did you see the London FA have issued a statement regarding their County Cup Competitions, including the London Senior Cup which Brentford 'B' are still in. They say that they 'intend on honouring the Cup Finals, allowing their Clubs to have their special day in the sun as long as it does not cause too much disruption to the start of the 2020/21 season', that's interesting isn't it, someone on another Forum suggested that the remaining ties could replace some of the meaningless pre-season friendly fixtures:

London FA Senior Cup

Remaining Quarter Final tie:

Balham v Hendon 
Semi Finals
Brentford 'B' v Erith Town (at Erith Town)
Balham or Hendon v Wingate & Finchley 
Final (at Metropolitan Police FC)

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/london-senior-cup-2019-20.294/

Yes that is interesting. God knows what will happen.

Savagebee - Is that a Barry Davies interesting or just interesting, I suppose it is true that pre-season friendlies are pretty much meaningless games so why not conclude all the FA and County Cup Competitions prior to the 2020/21 campaign which can hopefully get under way sometime in August

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Is that a Barry Davies interesting or just interesting, I suppose it is true that pre-season friendlies are pretty much meaningless games so why not conclude all the FA and County Cup Competitions prior to the 2020/21 campaign which can hopefully get under way sometime in August

Really good idea, use outstanding cup semis and finals and play instead of pre season games. 

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Interesting as it's a good idea.

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks as I am still out of the Country and can't get it, normally it would have been packed tight with match action and reports from yesterday wouldn't it with the campaign reaching its exciting conclusion. I expect BetVictor 'reneging' on their sponsorship deal a year early with the Isthmian, Northern Premier and Southern Leagues was featured, I heard on another Forum that the two year deal was peanuts and whoever was responsible for negotiating it should be shot at dawn, it apparently equated to just £131.58 per Club over the two years:

EV6OXP7XsAA-715.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

I see that Colney Heath and Stotfold made the list of Club's who conceded the fewest league goals this season before the curtain came crashing down, I can't begin to imagine how they, and all the other Club's, must be feeling that all their endeavors over seven months and ten days or so have been in vain and totally for nothing:

Billede

Here we go folks, a very interesting article on the BBC Sport website today stating that weekly meetings, presumably so called webinars, are due to commence shortly between Government Officials and senior medical directors of the major sports to discuss the likelihood of a return to action as soon as possible. 'The specifics of each sport would be examined by health experts to see what protocols would be needed to get each up and running as soon as possible, meaning some would return sooner than others. Testing, social distancing, hygiene standards and strict limits on the numbers of people allowed in venues would all be debated'. Watch this space for further information:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/52423767

A somewhat contradictory article from the BBC Sport website to that posted yesterday with Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab stating that it will be difficult for amateur sport to return this summer due to the level and scale of interaction, whatever that means. When probed on this morning's Andrew Marr Show as to whether there was any chance of smaller sporting Clubs being able to play sport outside this summer, Raab replied 'very difficult because of the level and scale of interaction, I think the professional sport may be different because of the scale of testing that they would be able to introduce, we do want to look when it is safe and responsible at ways to allow more outdoors activities to take place but again we have to have the evidence that it is a sure-footed step that does not allow Coronavirus to get a grip back on the country'. So we are none the wiser in other words:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/52431312

GSybhFki?format=jpg&name=small

So what is in the Non League Paper today as I am still in Denmark and it's unfortunately not available here, I gather there is an article on the SSML however that may be in relation to Mike Appleby's very sad death during last week:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

So what is in the Non League Paper today as I am still in Denmark and it's unfortunately not available here, I gather there is an article on the SSML however that may be in relation to Mike Appleby's very sad death during last week:

Billede

I stopped buying it a few years ago but I still get given the odd copy from time to time.

A somewhat contradictory article from the BBC Sport website to that posted yesterday with Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab stating that it will be difficult for amateur sport to return this summer due to the level and scale of interaction, whatever that means. When probed on this morning's Andrew Marr Show as to whether there was any chance of smaller sporting Clubs being able to play sport outside this summer, Raab replied 'very difficult because of the level and scale of interaction, I think the professional sport may be different because of the scale of testing that they would be able to introduce, we do want to look when it is safe and responsible at ways to allow more outdoors activities to take place but again we have to have the evidence that it is a sure-footed step that does not allow Coronavirus to get a grip back on the country'. So we are none the wiser in other words:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/52431312

GSybhFki?format=jpg&name=small

Pre Season games tend to start early to mid July and I just can't see that happening :432:

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks, one of the headline features states 'Italian Job Turns Sweet For Spartan' so is that about the SSML: 

EXD5RMlXsAExIwY.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks, one of the headline features states 'Italian Job Turns Sweet For Spartan' so is that about the SSML: 

EXD5RMlXsAExIwY.jpg

Blyth I would imagine. 

Winslow Boy, yes, you're probably right but then it is Blyth Spartans isn't it, not Blyth Spartan unless it's referring to an individual player who has possibly joined the Club from Italy. I'm not a fan of these 'clever' newspaper headlines as they can often be misunderstood or you are left guessing what they mean.

2 hours ago, Savagebee said:

There’s a joke in here somewhere about attendances...

46 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

There’s a joke in here somewhere about attendances...

It won't effect London Tigers home games that's for sure ?

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks, anything interesting: 

The Non-League Paper

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks, I expect the article on Chris Waddle is an interesting read, I gather he started his illustrious career at Tow Law Town before joining Newcastle and after he was shown the door at Sunderland who didn't think he was good enough: 

The Non-League Paper