Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Shutdown

What a great player Chris Waddle was  :bow:

He played for a few different non league footy clubs at the end of his career.

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

What a great player Chris Waddle was  :bow:

He played for a few different non league footy clubs at the end of his career.

Saw him play for Worksop. They have fallen massively over the years. Were once a big non league club either big crowds. 

This is an amusing interview with the great man from Four Two Four magazine, its a shame he will always be remembered though for putting that penalty into row z in Italia '90 although we would have gone out anyway thanks to Stuart Pearce's miss. I didn't realise he played for two seasons at Worksop Town making sixty appearances but surprisingly only scored three times:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/chris-waddle-one-one

51 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Saw him play for Worksop. They have fallen massively over the years. Were once a big non league club either big crowds. 

A top player I saw him play for Spurs and Sheffield Wedneday a couple of times.

13 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

This is an amusing interview with the great man from Four Two Four magazine, its a shame he will always be remembered though for putting that penalty into row z in Italia '90 although we would have gone out anyway thanks to Stuart Pearce's miss. I didn't realise he played for two seasons at Worksop Town making sixty appearances but surprisingly only scored three times:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/chris-waddle-one-one

I will always remember him for his haircuts and signing with Hoddle on TOTP ?

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks, anything interesting, they must have really been struggling for material over the last two months or so:

The Non-League Paper

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks, anything exciting: 

0000.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

Sorry folks, been out for most of today, what is in the Non League Paper, anything exciting:

Non-League Paper NLP National League

Edited by Rhodes

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Sorry folks, been out for most of today, what is in the Non League Paper, anything exciting:

Non-League Paper NLP National League

I used to watch Justin Edinburghs Fisher Athletic FC team play a bit back in the day when my old man and brother were involved in the club when they ground shared with Dulwich Hamlet FC. Mr Edinburgh came across as a nice guy. He did a very good job at Fisher Athletic FC he got them up to the Conference South (Step 2) before money problems ended the fairy tale ?

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks, anything exciting, it's incredible isn't it that we are now in mid June and nobody has got a clue what is going on, least of all the Club's who are losing money hand over fist: 

Billede

Face masks on all public transport from tomorrow.

Ooooh  -  I can't wait !

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 21:34, Big J R said:

I'm getting more than a little annoyed at Premiership players griping about taking pay-cuts.

In reality, compared to grass-roots football, the majority are overpayed and underworked.

I have no problem with them having to take a pay cut, say 20%, PROVIDING that money goes to the NHS.

These are serious times,

Big J R - Did you see Raheem Sterling's interview on Newsnight the other day, he has gone up in my estimation and has grown up a lot of late hasn't he:

Edited by Rhodes

EbBnOGEWkAAZLn8.jpg

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

Savagebee - Yes, I still have my doubts whether the FA know what's going on and they are just whistling in the dark:

The Football Association have confirmed that the top seven levels of Non-League football won’t start next season without fans or at different times.

The FA’s contingency plans for the 2020/21 campaign are circulating among clubs and competitions this weekend following an online meeting on Friday with officials from Step 5 and 6 competitions.

The planning for the return of football is dependent on getting the green light from the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport amid the coronavirus pandemic.

An official FA document for clubs entitled ‘Club Guidance on COVID-19 Return’, is set to be sent out by competitions within days after being reviewed.

While being unable to make any guarantees, the FA believe the most likely restart would be in September with late January a worst case scenario.

A contingency plan should next term also be curtailed due to a second wave of coronavirus was also discussed. In that event, leagues being decided by points per game was mooted, although no decision was made.

If it is possible, the FA still intends to run the FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase in full. With the governing body already facing an estimated £300m loss, the prize money of all the competitions reverts back to the levels they were at in 2018 before being boosted with the Trophy and Vase both taking a six percent hit.

The FA will require all clubs at any level of the game to produce and publish a risk assessment and/or action plans to ensure they are Covid-19 secure.

This risk assessment will cover a return to full training and matches, the use of facilities including clubhouses and dressing rooms, travel to and from training and matches, and the volunteer workforce at each club.

The FA also confirmed the controversial decision to rule out promotion and relegation below Step 2.

11 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, I still have my doubts whether the FA know what's going on and they are just whistling in the dark:

The Football Association have confirmed that the top seven levels of Non-League football won’t start next season without fans or at different times.

The FA’s contingency plans for the 2020/21 campaign are circulating among clubs and competitions this weekend following an online meeting on Friday with officials from Step 5 and 6 competitions.

The planning for the return of football is dependent on getting the green light from the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport amid the coronavirus pandemic.

An official FA document for clubs entitled ‘Club Guidance on COVID-19 Return’, is set to be sent out by competitions within days after being reviewed.

While being unable to make any guarantees, the FA believe the most likely restart would be in September with late January a worst case scenario.

A contingency plan should next term also be curtailed due to a second wave of coronavirus was also discussed. In that event, leagues being decided by points per game was mooted, although no decision was made.

If it is possible, the FA still intends to run the FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase in full. With the governing body already facing an estimated £300m loss, the prize money of all the competitions reverts back to the levels they were at in 2018 before being boosted with the Trophy and Vase both taking a six percent hit.

The FA will require all clubs at any level of the game to produce and publish a risk assessment and/or action plans to ensure they are Covid-19 secure.

This risk assessment will cover a return to full training and matches, the use of facilities including clubhouses and dressing rooms, travel to and from training and matches, and the volunteer workforce at each club.

The FA also confirmed the controversial decision to rule out promotion and relegation below Step 2.

Will the new season start with supporters ? Or without supporters?

Edited by Savagebee

On 20/06/2020 at 16:40, Rhodes said:

Big J R - Did you see Raheem Sterling's interview on Newsnight the other day, he has gone up in my estimation and has grown up a lot of late hasn't he:

No  -  I missed that Newsnight.

I tend to try and keep away from most subjects concerning COVID now.  The rules and regs seem to change every day with most people contradicting one another.

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks, anything exciting:Non-League Paper

Edited by Rhodes

THE LATEST UPDATED GUIDANCE REGARDING PERMITTED GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL IN ENGLAND

Following recent Government updates to the COVID-19 guidance, we now have updated guidance documents for adult players, coaches, facility operators, parents and carers involved in re-starting grassroots football activity from Saturday 4 July.

These are available for download below, along with some practical tips for coaches working with individuals, pairs, and in threes.

These guidelines have been produced in line with the recent Government updates to the COVID-19 guidance. Specifically, these documents have been updated to reflect changes to social distancing guidelines which will come into effect from 4 July and the introduction of support bubbles which came into effect on 10 June.

The Government guidance for the phased return of outdoor sport and recreation can be found here.

We continue to be in active discussions with other team sports, Sport England and the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport about how we can secure a safe return to competitive grassroots football as soon as is reasonably possible.

We will keep you updated as these discussions progress and provide amended guidance as and when we can.

Thank you for playing your vital part in helping our great game get going again and let’s continue to work together to ensure football’s return is as smooth and safe as possible.

So what is in the Non League Paper today folks, there's quite a lot of news and speculation about right now but sadly no pre-season friendlies listing at the back of the paper which was always a highlight for me in late June and early July:

The Non-league Football Paper – July 05, 2020

Sorry folks, been out for most of today, what is in the Non League Paper, anything exciting:

Non-League