Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

Bedford have this week appointed Rob SincIair as their new supremo, Bedford born and bred Rob has a CV as long as your arm and had an illustrious playing career with Luton Town, Stevenage, Aldershot Town, Salisbury City, Forest Green Rovers, Oxford City, Hemel Hempstead Town and Bedford Town, he then cut his teeth in Coaching and Management at Dunstable Town and Eynesbury Rovers 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Sinclair_(footballer,_born_1989)

Billede

On 30/04/2022 at 17:25, Winslow Boy said:

Just to be clear I absolutely don’t think he is a bitcoin grifter. 

Winslow Boy - What do you think he is then out of interest, it is concerning that Mr McCormack was in Court on Tuesday to provide details of his financial affairs following his failure to pay a £90,000 debt:

https://www.salonduchocolat-cannes.com/court-orders-peter-mccormack-to-provide-details-of-his-financial-means-after-failing-to-pay-craig-wrights-90000-legal-bill/

https://www.gambling911.com/Peter-McCormack-Must-Supply-Court-With-Financial-Means-Details.html

https://cryptoslate.com/craig-wrights-libel-lawsuit-could-cost-peter-mccormack-up-to-750000/

Now McCormack is scheduled to appear in court on May 10 and submit to questioning under oath so the court can get a clear picture of his financial means. He must bring to court any documents under his control that could shed light on his finances, including payslips, bank statements, stock certificates, loan agreements, bills and more.

To quote the special one, I prefer not to speak. 

I'm sure he will have no problem getting £90k out of his bitcoin bro cult. I mean that’s only a fraction of Bedford merchandise sales isn’t it?

• 4 weeks later...

Bedford's finaI two Iive streams of the campaign from the fixture on Saturday 23 ApriI against AmpthiII Town at McMuIIen Park and the thriIIer at Long Crendon on Saturday 30 ApriI:

EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS | Long Crendon v Bedford FC 30 Apr

EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS | Bedford FC v Ampthill Town 23 Apr 2022

On 23/02/2022 at 19:02, Rhodes said:

Another interesting Podcast with Peter McCormack guesting, interestingly he points out that he is still going through the process of acquiring the Club and all the i's aren't actually dotted as yet or the t's crossed. Mr McCormack states that 'there are still some complexities with the purchase' which is strange isn't it as we thought everything had been done and dusted and it has made former Chairman Lui La Mura a rich man

Mr McCormack's purchase of Bedford FC went through in ApriI when aII the i's were finaIIy dotted and the t's crossed:

Peter McCormack becomes Chairman as he completes Bedford FC takeover - Bedford Independent

On 14/02/2022 at 20:39, Rhodes said:

More Bedford Iive streams from their Iast four fixtures against Irchester United Iast Saturday, WinsIow United on 5 February, Shefford Town & Campton on 1 February and Rushden & Higham United on 29 January:

EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS | Winslow United v Bedford FC - YouTube

A groundhoppers report from EImfieIds Gate on Saturday 5 February and the camera gantry that was especiaIIy erected:

Walking Cheese & Bitcoin - Winslow United Vs Bedford FC - 05.02.22 (cansonthetrain.blogspot.com)  

AVvXsEgsuhxB04K_Y5j1VM0k1_-jnR91rwcysDnwhIACpvsY2iIvbtYN6r4ZPcNdT8oTx-ikXmh9um9uaMgxNOH6l7w04_MTwHVuQ0PrSm8Zgihf6KyEs15p7UjIxqpdczAFW7Re1QfmsiNsRlcdythx-5djZo6fPiy660bQJ5HnN63xP1-z-9_k9_6OGrm9=s320  

Bedford's, or rather ReaI Bedford's, pre-season fixtures, I wonder whether they wiII be Iive streamed. Has the CIub's change of name been officiaIIy approved:  

Billede

On 19/12/2021 at 21:05, Rhodes said:

Mr McCormack went on a bit didn't he on Ollie Bayliss's show, no doubt it wiII aII be a five minute wonder until he goes skint through the unpredictabe Bitcoin 'fad'.

Here we go, surprise surprise, Bitcoin has crashed dramatically in recent week's, it is now down more than 50% from its value in January:

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/BTCUSD/history-timeline/#the-halvening-2022-06-14

• 1 month later...

I wonder if Real Bedford and their 'colourful' Chairman Peter McCormack already think the Club are in the Premier League:

Billede

I see that Oxford City are accepting Bitcoin at their home fixtures, the first Non League Club to do so, strangely there is no mention anywhere of the initiative by Real Bedford who kick off their 2022/23 SSML Division One campaign tomorrow (6 August) at home to Rushden & Higham United:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-62399371

Oxford City will accept Bitcoin from fans buying tickets, food and drink at their RAW Charging Stadium as an alternative to card and cash.

Billede

Counterpoint to the rampant negativity posted here regarding the club. I'm from outside the UK, otherwise wouldn't have ever heard of Bedford or their 10th division club and am now helping to support the team via merchandise sales, watching live streams and enjoying the pursuit of a dream of bringing league football to the locals. If I find myself back overseas in the near future, I'm more inclined to go to McMullen Park than to a game at Tottenham or any other premier league team like I previously would have. Maybe it all goes bust but you can't deny the investment Peter is making with youth and womens teams and clearly investing in the facilities isn't a net positive for the community. I look forward to tomorrows away match and hope we are looking toward tier nine with games in hand in 2023. 

Cheers

6 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Counterpoint to the rampant negativity posted here regarding the club. I'm from outside the UK, otherwise wouldn't have ever heard of Bedford or their 10th division club and am now helping to support the team via merchandise sales, watching live streams and enjoying the pursuit of a dream of bringing league football to the locals. If I find myself back overseas in the near future, I'm more inclined to go to McMullen Park than to a game at Tottenham or any other premier league team like I previously would have. Maybe it all goes bust but you can't deny the investment Peter is making with youth and womens teams and clearly investing in the facilities isn't a net positive for the community. I look forward to tomorrows away match and hope we are looking toward tier nine with games in hand in 2023. 

Cheers

Hi Pete ? 

37 minutes ago, View from the Boundary said:

Hi Pete ? 

Financially, I wish. Family wise, not so much lol. I dunno, seems like fans of other small market teams are just mad that they are going to get left behind. 

3 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Financially, I wish. Family wise, not so much lol. I dunno, seems like fans of other small market teams are just mad that they are going to get left behind. 

Excuse our cynicism but we've seen all this before, many times. It has been done, non league to league, but often going back in the other direction as fast as they ascended. And cryptocurrency is so obviously going to fail hard, it's a Ponzi scheme for the 21st century. Pete's going to be skint before the season ends, it's obvious. Got to be sustainable in this game to last, and that's easier said than done.

19 minutes ago, View from the Boundary said:

Excuse our cynicism but we've seen all this before, many times. It has been done, non league to league, but often going back in the other direction as fast as they ascended. And cryptocurrency is so obviously going to fail hard, it's a Ponzi scheme for the 21st century. Pete's going to be skint before the season ends, it's obvious. Got to be sustainable in this game to last, and that's easier said than done.

Thank you for your honest reply. Sincerely, how many tier 10 teams have had this level of investment and corporate sponsorship? Not being facetious, genuinely have no clue. I imagine most that had it, if any, found some level of success. While I can't speak for Pete with any authority, I imagine him being a hometown kid means he has more skin in the game than someone more likely to lose interest after a couple of bad campaigns. I hope the team finds success and consistency if/when they are promoted  

As for crypto being a scam--I'd agree on all fronts but Bitcoin. They are not the same. The space is absolutely littered with grifters but Bitcoin as network is pure and I don't know anyone who has really spent considerable time learning about it that doesn't keep some level of investment in it. What are you grounds for Pete being skint before the season ends? He runs a very successful, essentially cost free business in his podcast. Hard to go broke under those circumstances. 

As for the club, while it's built to promote Bedford and Bitcoin, he's stated many times the roles are distinct. He needs the club to operate in the black on its own. He only needs Bitcoin to rocket in price if he were to truly make a run at the upper echelons of the english ladder. And while I completely agree his aim for a 50 million treasury in Bitcoin is outlandish (it's currently like 30k lol), I see no reason why he won't continue to have massive support throughout the Bitcoin community. If you honestly think the entire space is going belly up in a year, I'd happily take that bet. But I'll be here to eat crow if I'm off base too. Either way, he's got an otherwise completely disinterested party watching games and bantering online with strangers. Hoping for three more points tomorrow AM!

Sorry to do a Tommy SteeIe yet again but 'what a picture, what a picture, what a photograph' of the ReaI Bedford squad for the 2022/23 campaign:

Billede

Can someone take me to school on what type of capital investments are required to operate in the various scaling leagues? I know this is going beyond the scope of the Spartan South Midlands League forum, but obviously Real Bedford hopes to be promoted a handful of times in the next decade. At some point, I know there are requirements around the grounds and facilities. Can a more knowledgeable contributor tell me what league that might strike to hit Bedford and how much capital that might take to get done? Cheers