Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Isthmian League Update

Raingod

https://www.isthmian.co.uk/project-restart-63141

The league have published the above info this evening laying out 6 timing options for restart

1. Start Sep 19th      ..decide by 21st August

2. Start 3rd Oct .. decide by 4th Sep

3. Start 10th Oct .. and play-offs replaced by top 2 promoted .. decide by 11th Sep

4. Start 17th Oct .. top 2 promote .. decide by 18th Sep

5. Just a proposal -  split into 2 smaller divisions, then remerge at 1/2 way based on PPG - top 5 round robin

6. No details yet - Jan start

My thoughts are 

1. lots of dialogue so good - and seem eager to start ASAP

2. replace play offs with top 2 promoted - or a 5 way round robin - well it would be different I suppose? At this stage I think I would rather have play offs if it was my decision?

3 Option 5 - if this was a north v south split could be favourable to us ? - But I would be concerned over such a delay and would rather we started asap

Any other thoughts?

Good post Crowing Cockerel.

Until the government announce that more than 30 spectators can attend then the season cannot start on an economic basis.

The longer the lay off continues people will get out of the habit of going to matches.

Despite the DCMS announcement clubs will still have to introduce measures to ensure a relatively safe Covid19 secure environment. 

This could mean access to some parts of the ground are limited  to ensure social distancing , introduction of one way systems , cashless pay , and restricted attendances.  And unlike Government announcements these things don’t happen overnight. 

The FA have now released further guidance:-

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/aug/19/updated-guidelines-for-return-of-spectators-190820

Doesn't start until Saturday so no fans for the Hertford Town game on Friday - I guess we'll have to wait to hear from Grays about Saturday.

Seems that from 22/8/20 we can play matches with a maximum of 15% of capacity.

From 31/8/20 that increases to 30% of capacity provided at least one match has been played at the 15% level.

Confirmation now from The Isthmian League:

https://www.isthmian.co.uk/the-return-of-spectators-63172

However, if you look at the table they've produced, it's not the capacity of the ground that's used but the minimum capacity for the league. For us at Step 3 that's 1,950 so 15% is 300 (presumably they've rounded the figures!).

For Grays, at step 4, it's 1,350 so 15% is 200.

Grays have tweeted to say they will announce very shortly their plans to allow spectators to watch their home games from this Saturday.

I bought my season ticket online last night. It was order#220. Any idea if this number relates to just season tickets / or just onine / or not at all? What's the usual number of season tickets sold?

I'd expect demand to be up if people want their fix but then I get the feeling lots of older folks aren't venturing out much yet. And we have a good smattering of them.

Archived