Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What does this mean for the SSML? and non league ⚽?

This is rather odd isn't it, I gather Southern League Club's were e-mailed by the League this morning telling them that, under the current circumstances, scheduled midweek fixtures taking place prior to the lockdown on Thursday should only take place if both Club's agree to play, why shouldn't they agree to play whilst they still have the opportunity.

2 hours ago, Big J R said:

This is going to continue right through the winter.

A vaccine is going to be the only answer.

The Politicians should test any new vaccine on themselves first.

Here's the dreaded confirmation from the blazers at the FA, roll on Wednesday 2 December:

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/nov/03/non-elite-football-statement-031120

The FA has confirmed the suspension of all non-elite football from Thu 5 Nov-Wed 2 Dec. This includes fixtures & training for:

• Men's Steps 3-6 & NLS Feeder Leagues
  • Women's Tiers 3-7
  • All youth & adult outdoor & indoor football
  • (Sport in schools can continue.)

9 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Here's the dreaded confirmation from the blazers at the FA, roll on Wednesday 2 December:

But football will not start immediately after the 2nd December, clubs will want a period of between two and four weeks to get fit ready to start again

Karen - I'm not so sure that Club's will agree with you, they will just want to crack on as soon as possible and everyone will be in the same boat so no Club will have an unfair advantage. I assume therefore that the full set of League fixtures for Saturday 5 December will still apply unless that happens to be FA Vase Second Round day.

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

But football will not start immediately after the 2nd December, clubs will want a period of between two and four weeks to get fit ready to start again

Only if our supreme leaders allow it ?

After the handling of Brexit and this bad Flu thing I will never vote for any of those overpaid liars again. I'm done with them all.

The problem is you have HMG v The F.A v The Leagues.

Not one of them will agree 100% with the other two.

I see that the Southern League are consulting with their Club's over when competitive games should resume if, as is planned, lockdown is lifted on Wednesday 2 December. They have asked whether Club's would prefer Saturday's 5 December, 12 December or 19 December and have recommended 12 December but why, what's wrong with getting straight back on the horse on 5 December as I'm sure, or I hope, the SSML will decide to do.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

I see that the Southern League are consulting with their Club's over when competitive games should resume if, as is planned, lockdown is lifted on Wednesday 2 December. They have asked whether Club's would prefer Saturday's 5 December, 12 December or 19 December and have recommended 12 December but why, what's wrong with getting straight back on the horse on 5 December as I'm sure, or I hope, the SSML will decide to do.

Yeah get on with it on the 5th ffs.

FA clarification of the lockdown ruling and procedure until Wednesday 2 December:

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/nov/06/further-update-on-non-elite-football-061120

Dialogue will continue with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport, leagues, competitions and CFAs and we will provide further updates for the 2020/21 Vitality Women’s FA Cup, Buildbase FA Trophy, Buildbase FA Vase and ‘non-elite’ football in due course.

2 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

And how flaming typical that today is a beautiful day for football and not a ball can be kicked. What's the betting come December 5th it's either lashing down or we're under a carpet of snow. This year can't end soon enough ?

⬆️ Ditto!

Does anyone have any sympathy with FA Chairman Greg Clarke who resigned yesterday, Parliamentary Select Committee's do go out of their way to trip people up in the heat of the moment and they are experts in doing so but obviously what Mr Clarke said was totally unacceptable and he had to go:

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/nov/10/greg-clarke-statement-101120

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54894864

Billede

20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Does anyone have any sympathy with FA Chairman Greg Clarke who resigned yesterday, Parliamentary Select Committee's do go out of their way to trip people up in the heat of the moment and they are experts in doing so but obviously what Mr Clarke said was totally unacceptable and he had to go:

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/nov/10/greg-clarke-statement-101120

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54894864

Billede

No sympathy what so ever. The chairman of F.A.... The person at the most senior level.... The association trying to lead the front line in equality and racial discrimination.
It underlines the issues we face as a society. And we still see people denying it exists. 
perhaps the guys in charge of the F.A. Should regularly attend the courses they provide to so many clubs and individuals, they might actually learn something themselves. 

On 05/11/2020 at 20:07, Savagebee said:

Yeah get on with it on the 5th ffs.

Savagebee - Yes, hopefully Karen has seen sense as, surprisingly, she posted earlier that 'football will not start immediately after the 2nd December, Club's will want a period of between two and four weeks to get fit ready to start again'. I don't think that will be the case at all and someone like Joe Sweeney for example or Craig Bicknell will just want to roll up their sleeves and get on with it. There's a thread on another Forum that indicates most League's will resume on Saturday 5 December:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/provisional-resumption-dates.3090/page-4

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, hopefully Karen has seen sense as, surprisingly, she posted earlier that 'football will not start immediately after the 2nd December, Club's will want a period of between two and four weeks to get fit ready to start again'. I don't think that will be the case at all and someone like Joe Sweeney for example or Craig Bicknell will just want to roll up their sleeves and get on with it. There's a thread on another Forum that indicates most League's will resume on Saturday 5 December:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/provisional-resumption-dates.3090/page-4

I'm sure most players are keeping fit during this waste of time lockdown.

SSML Clubs will get their say on a resumption date at the forthcoming Divisional meetings next week.

To date some clubs want to re-start straight away while others want a two week period before re-starting.

Decisions will be made by the Management Committee after they have heard the club's views

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

To date some clubs want to re-start straight away while others want a two week period before re-starting

I would be interested to know which Club's want a two week period before re-startng, maybe they could be 'named and shamed'