Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase First Qualifying Round - Friday/Saturday/Sunday 18/19/20 September

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Buildbase FA Vase First Qualifyng Round 

Spelthorne Sports 2 Arlesey Town 4

A good win for Chico Ramos today thanks to a hat trick from Jalen Miller, Arlesey Town now entertain Northampton Sileby Rangers in the Second Qualifying Round:

Image may contain: text that says "SPORTS FC Bullborie eports Football Ctub "The Spelly" Members of the Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Football League Premier Division 2020/21 Season Saturday 19th September 2020 KO 3.00pm Spelthorne Sports Arlesey Town 296 Staines Road West Ashford TW151RY 01932 961055"

On 18/09/2020 at 09:50, Rhodes said:

This should be a walk in Silver Jubilee Park for Edgware Town tomorrow against United Counties League Division One Irchester United:

Billede

Edgware won 3-1 a comfortable result but we really should have scored a few more, wasteful in front of goal with 15 efforts on target. 

We're in the next round that's really all that matters. 

7 minutes ago, GRS67 said:

We're in the next round that's really all that matters. 

Yes, I see it's against Tring Athletic at Silver Jubilee Park, here are all the Second Qualifying Round ties involving SSML Club's:

Ipswich Wanderers v London Colney
Potton United v Brimsdown
Park View v Cockfosters
Hadley v Enfield Borough
Baldock Town v Hackney Wick or Halstead Town
New Salamis v Cornard United
Holland or Enfield v Colney Heath
Walthamstow v London Lions
Crawley Green v Wellingborough Whitworth
Edgware Town v Tring Athletic
Burton Park Wanderers v London Tigers or Northampton O.N. Chenecks
Arlesey Town v Northampton Sileby Rangers
Long Buckby v Ampthill Town
Broadfields United v Milton Keynes Irish
Oxhey Jets v North Greenford United
Rothwell Corinthians v St Panteleimon
Cogenhoe United v Harpenden Town

Match reports from Friday evening:

Friday 18 September 

Buildbase FA Vase First Qualifying Round 

Broadfields United 0 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 0 (after 90 mins, Broadfield United win 5-4 on pens)

https://www.aylesburyvaledynamos.co.uk/teams/77541/match-centre/0-4877916/report

Thame Rangers 0 Milton Keynes Irish FC 6

https://mkirishfc.co.uk/thame-rangers-0-6-mk-irish/

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Buildbase FA Vase First Qualifying Round 

Potton United v Biggleswade United

Karen - Yes, thanks, I was wrongly informed by my sources that Brimsdown had beaten Clapton yesterday, heads will roll. Potton United have started the new campaign extremely well with the two impressive FA Cup away wins, the FA Vase win yesterday and beating Eynesbury Rovers 4-1 in the League, we will see what they are really made of at Grays Athletic on Wednesday.

https://issuu.com/pottonunitedfc/docs/potton_utd_vs_biggleswade_utd

21 hours ago, Rhodes said:

North Greenford United 5 Chalvey Sports 1

Ex Hanwell Town winger Charlie Mitchell on the score sheet today for NGU. He could be a great summer signing for them.

I see SSML cult hero ? the giant Melford Simpson has joined NGU.

Today's result and a disappointing one:

Sunday 20 September 

London Tigers 0 Northampton ON Chenecks 5

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Sunday 20 September 

London Tigers 0 Northampton ON Chenecks 5

A groundhopper from another Forum was at Spatleys Meadow this afternoon:

FA Vase 1st Qualifying Round
London Tigers 0 Northampton ON Chenecks 5 (at Amersham Town)
Admission £3 (concession) Attendance c45 (headcount)

As the score suggests a one sided match with the Step 6 hosts being comprehensively outplayed by their Step 5 opponents. The Chenecks were already battle hardened from three league matches whereas this was a very young looking Tigers first competitive match of the season. It was no surprise therefore that two close range headers and a lobbed finish had Chenecks three goals ahead within the first 25 minutes. Half time arrived with no further score and, as the visitors retired to the dressing room for a rest, Tigers stayed on the pitch so that those of us standing nearby could listen in on their manager's inspirational team talk. Plenty of profanity laden criticism of attitude and precious little advice on different tactics would be my summary. Neverthless Tigers did improve slightly after the break helped by the introduction of some substitutes showing a little composure on the ball and an understandable drop in intensity by the Chenecks. Even so Tigers didn't manage a shot on target all game and Chenecks got two more towards the end when a missed header let their left back in for an easy finish and a clumsy foul gave away a well despatched penalty.
I'd previously seen London Tigers play at Avenue Park in Greenford in front of a very small crowd and their current temporary tenancy in Amersham far away from their sports base in Southall isn't conducive to attendance from their local community. A decent sized contingent from Northampton and a smattering of hoppers formed most of today's crowd and so lack of social distancing was not a problem.
I was surprised to discover that Spratleys Meadow has been Amersham Town's home ground for the last 100 years as my first impression when walking in was that the club must have relocated there relatively recently. Building work is taking place on the clubhouse near the entrance and the separate dressing room block looked modern. I presume a derelict structure on the far side of the ground well below current pitch level is an old stand and, if so, there must have been a very pronounced slope on the ground before it was levelled in 2006/07.

22 hours ago, Rhodes said:

A disappointing defeat for Stotfold this afternoon, a groundhopper from another Forum was at the War Memorial Ground:

Karen doesn't like me using the word 'anorak' but what other word is there when reading this from someone else who was at the War Memorial Ground yesterday, Russell Grant happily described himself as an anorak on the Non League Show this afternoon so it's nothing to be ashamed of:

Like Horchurchspur, I also attended this game and can add little to his match report other than to say from my viewpoint the winning goal was clearly offside. Quite a nice set up for a village club with friendly officials and bar staff. The one downside for me were the programme arrangements. The inevitable on-line only programme but in this instance the programme can neither be downloaded or printed and can only be read as a web page. I queried this with the official responsible and he advised that the computer programme would have cost about £160 extra to have a print facility. Given that a number of hoppers will probably not attend a game at the ground with these arrangements or, like me, will only visit the ground once, I would have thought the loss in revenue would have paid for the print add on over the course of a season.

12 hours ago, tringarmy said:

Harefield 1-1 Tring Athletic 

Match report 

https://www.tafc.co.uk/report-r.php?fixture_id=3813

Highlights

I was at this one.

Fair result after 90 minutes.

Both teams looked decent. Should do well this season.

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Buildbase FA Vase First Qualifying Round 

Thame Rangers 0 Milton Keynes Irish FC 6

https://mkirishfc.co.uk/thame-rangers-0-6-mk-irish/

Sports Shots coverage from Friday night's tie, Milton Keynes Irish also deservedly won team of the week on the BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show and had an interesting interview with assistant boss Glyn Creaser:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/09/20/fav-thame-rangers-0-mk-irish-6/

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Sports Shots coverage from Friday night's tie, Milton Keynes Irish also deservedly won team of the week on the BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show and had an interesting interview with assistant boss Glyn Creaser:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/09/20/fav-thame-rangers-0-mk-irish-6/

Played for Wycombe in the conference. 

Referring to the report above on the London Tigers game, perhaps a little background information for the uninitiated.

As reported, it was Tigers' first game of the season, and it was also the new manager's first senior role, having spent the last two seasons as manager of Cockfosters reserves in the Step 7 Herts Senior.  Eight of yesterday's squad were playing for him last season, so, given that at the time of closedown in March Cockfosters were in the bottom four of the Herts, taking on a Step 5 side like Chenecks was always going to be difficult.  I think it says a lot for the manager that so many young players, largely from areas like Edmonton, Enfield and Tottenham, are willing to join a side based in Southall and playing in Amersham to stay on board with him. 

And as for the 'profanity laden criticism' mentioned above, well, he used to be a goalkeeper at Welwyn Garden City FC, so perhaps that is where he picked it up...     

Nice to see Milton Keynes Irish still standing however it isn't really the Club's FA Vase bow in the true sense of the word is it, Buckingham Town first played in the FA Vase in 1975/76, the season after the competition came into being, and last played in it in 2017/18, Milton Keynes Robins played in the FA Vase last season as did Unite MK who also participated in 2018/19 when losing 10-0 at Leverstock Green in the First Qualifying Round:

Billede

On 19/09/2020 at 18:26, Rhodes said:

Buildbase FA Vase First Qualifyng Round 

Enfield Borough 3 Tower Hamlets 2

The Cold End was at this tie at Summers Lane:

https://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2020/09/fa-vase-five-goal-thriller-enfield.html

Billede

The revised Second Qualifying Round draw, all matches currently on Saturday 10 October however I guess that Edgware Town and either Arlesey Town or Baldock Town will play on the Friday or the Sunday:

Ipswich Wanderers v London Colney
Potton United v Clapton
Park View v Cockfosters
Hadley v Enfield Borough
Baldock Town v Halstead Town
New Salamis v Cornard United
Holland v Colney Heath
Walthamstow v London Lions
Crawley Green v Wellingborough Whitworth
Edgware Town v Tring Athletic
Arlesey Town v Northampton Sileby Rangers
Long Buckby v Ampthill Town
Broadfields United v Milton Keynes Irish
Oxhey Jets v North Greenford United
Rothwell Corinthians v St Panteleimon
Cogenhoe United v Harpenden Town

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2020 at 17:48, Rhodes said:

The revised Second Qualifying Round draw, all matches currently on Saturday 10 October however I guess that Edgware Town and either Arlesey Town or Baldock Town will play on the Friday or the Sunday:

Edgware Town v Tring Athletic

Baldock Town v Halstead Town

Edgware Town v Tring Athletic is on Friday 9 October and Baldock Town v Halstead Town is on Sunday 11 October, the rest of the Second Qualifying Round ties are next Saturday. It will be interesting to see what happens with Park View v Cockfosters if the New River Sports venue is still unavailable, will it be possible to switch it to Chalk Lane or is switching ties not within the rules anymore, maybe Haringey Borough will step in and allow it to be played there (over the road) on the Friday night.