Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

No Way A Pub Team

Ruth Cork

Please stop using the phrase “A Pub Team From Hornchurch” this is an insult to a very well run semi- professional club.

We have an excellent Chairman and board of directors, a manager and staff second to none and as the players have shown can take on anyone. 
Please give the club the respect it is due.

I agree with Ruth Cork - yes, we sing it and we like to sing it, but on Saturday last we became the best team in non-league football.

We need to build on our success, and Mark Stimson wants us to have a new image - by all means wear the scarf and sing the song (plus of course Harry's Song) but let's move forward.

The Pub Team has come of age. We are no longer a Pub Team From Horncurch - we are the best team in non-league football.

And Yes, I will be proud to wear the scarf.

What digits said.  We love this club and actually think they are the best team in history. Pub team from Hornchurch is a direct quote from (my man of the match) mickey parcell, who was also being insanely self-deprecating.

Buy you a drink at first pre-season Ruth. 

no need for Diz to go into moana mode tho. But we do know who we are.

10 minutes ago, and1inthetree said:

What digits said.  We love this club and actually think they are the best team in history. Pub team from Hornchurch is a direct quote from (my man of the match) mickey parcell, who was also being insanely self-deprecating.

Buy you a drink at first pre-season Ruth. 

no need for Diz to go into moana mode tho. But we do know who we are.

Your Welcome ;)

Use the term pub team not in derogatory way not bringing the club down at all I have the earlier scarf staying we were a pub team from essex. We got this saying from Lewis FC when we playef them some time ago they had not lost a match we sent down there and beat  them i think the score was 5 nil to us and the Lewis manager called us a pub team we took this up to show we were not and the name stuck. The call is not against our club but tongue in cheek to show we are a talented family run club. I would never run Urchins down and never decry what the board, players and fans have done for this club. Onwards and upwards.

On 27/05/2021 at 13:21, Burdy said:

Use the term pub team not in derogatory way not bringing the club down at all I have the earlier scarf staying we were a pub team from essex. We got this saying from Lewis FC when we playef them some time ago they had not lost a match we sent down there and beat  them i think the score was 5 nil to us and the Lewis manager called us a pub team we took this up to show we were not and the name stuck. The call is not against our club but tongue in cheek to show we are a talented family run club. I would never run Urchins down and never decry what the board, players and fans have done for this club. Onwards and upwards.

This one Pete??

92A8C753-8796-4EEF-8E8B-CB4F04157527.jpeg

On 27/05/2021 at 13:21, Burdy said:

He said we didn't deserve to be winning let alone 5-0 up, he got the sack on the Monday of my memory serves me and I walked past him and called him a Jose mourinho wannabe, this was obviously in my drinking days ????

3 hours ago, Urchin Nutter said:

This one Pete??

92A8C753-8796-4EEF-8E8B-CB4F04157527.jpeg

He said we didn't deserve to be winning let alone 5-0 up, he got the sack on the Monday of my memory serves me and I walked past him and called him a Jose mourinho wannabe, this was obviously in my drinking days ????

That's the one Rob still have a few indoors