Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League Campaign

Bottoms Up

On 05/10/2021 at 18:17, Raingod said:

I would take 8 pts from the 4 games - 2 wins and 2 draws - would be play off form 

Got the 2 wins, what’s your forecast for the next 2?

law of averages tell me we’re gonna drop points somewhere, but 2 home games and having won 4 on the spin at the QE could we get a full sweep of 6pts?

I’ll predict 4pts which would be a very good 10 from 12 in the 4 games we’ve focussed on

1 hour ago, Bottoms Up said:

Pessimistic 

Thats a very long word for you! Well done.

Was I confident we would beat Kingstonian? No. Seems a fair comment given the fact we had lost the previous 2 games playing a frustrating long ball game and were coming up against the side top of the table. Did we surprisingly change our side and tactics? Yes we did - and it worked (albeit we might've lost on another day).

I remain concerned that the manager will revert to the long ball game he seems to like - particularly now that Cunnington has scored his first ETFC goal. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I can see us drawing with Wingate and then losing against Worthing. Its probably worth noting that this is a Worthing that should be plying it's trade in the league above given their performances over the past couple of seasons.

19 hours ago, Bottoms Up said:

Got the 2 wins, what’s your forecast for the next 2?

law of averages tell me we’re gonna drop points somewhere, but 2 home games and having won 4 on the spin at the QE could we get a full sweep of 6pts?

I’ll predict 4pts which would be a very good 10 from 12 in the 4 games we’ve focussed on

With 2 home games and the form we are in, got to be hopeful of another 2 wins ..

Wingate are a lesser side but the ex Towners will be so up for it we will need to be at our best

Worthing are many people's favourites  ..

If we approach in the same way then we can be confident with both ...

I would find it acceptable if we win at least one game and keep our momentum going ie. an average of at least 2pts a game. I agree that another 6pts would make September memorable.

Although it would be hypocritical of me if I didn't admit to sharing some of CC's concerns. I believe that going on a more offensive approach is not the be all and end all of things. But as I have said recently, I still think it is better to start on the front foot and adjust accordingly than go long ball from the start. For the reason I have previously given. So I hope, injuries permitting, we continue to carry on in this way.

I do hope my friend BU will not construed that this is me being negative again. Since playing on the front foot, for the past two games, I believe we have taken a two goal lead in each game before half time. 

Finally, I am extremely please to read that sponsorship has been acquired for the benefit our Youth Section. ( See official Announcement) This is the sort of answer to my query that all supporters of EFTC should also be pleased to hear. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

As many have already reminded us there is still a long way to go.  But if we can by the end of January ....had injuries at a minimum.... continued to work hard... averaged of 2 points a game and teams around us take points from one another, we will still have all to play for.

None of the above is assured, what with Winter coming on and a small squad. But if we do it will be one hell of an achievement...." he who dares win wins" !!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals