Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

7th heaven

urchinman1961

Even I can't remember a winning run like this even going back to the crazy days of J&K,in a good place now after the sloppy start to the season which I think was expected after the trophy epics,well another big scalp who were on an almighty uneaten run, to give you some idea of where we are we had the luxury of bring on Liam,Ollie and Ellis,the game turned in an instant being a goal up Joe pulled off a crucial save and before you know we're 2 nil up,good crowd and lots of new faces Stortford had a decent number of fans  down but no noise,well one happy Urchin today

Great game really enjoyable for all, a real team game, how good is it to see Tobi back up front working as hard as ever. Also a big shout out for the ref, one of the best for a long time.

COYU's and on to Margate.

A real gutsy performance on a very tricky surface. Thought BS were really one dimensional looking to go long and hope of the second ball coming from no9 more often then not, fortunately for us both Hayles and Clarke were both on top form and won everything thrown at them. A real pleaseing win and a clean sheet against a team that up till today hadn't lost since October. I must admit I thought the ref had a shocker but that's opinions and football for you haha

Well played lads!

Edited by kimbles left foot

Yeah, I thought the ref had a few strange decisions. For instance giving a foul against Lewwis after he pulled his foot out of the tackle.
The last few games we've created huge number of chances but converted a very low percentage.
Even the 5 against Brightlingsea could have been more than 10.
But, this game I thought had few chances for both sides and we took ours well.
Jack Giddens in the Stortford goal has had worldie performances in the last few games so very pleased to have beaten him twice with the icing being a clean sheet courtesy of a Joe Wright worldie 

As per Alex Sharp's programme notes I don't like picking out individual players but I thought the back 4 were an outstanding foundation on which the rest of the team performance was built.

The next 5 games are going to be very tricky, especially as all the teams at the top end of the division are nicking points off each other, and I'll be very happy if we can get 10 points.
Very good to see more players back from illness and a strong bench despite still having a good number of suspensions and injuries.

Yesterdays match may not have been full of goals and brilliant play but has to up their as one of the best performances of the season considering the playing surface was changing constantly through the game with intermittent rainfall.  The 2 current form sides in the league meeting each other was always going to be a close fought derby and this is what we got but both teams played a solid and fair match overall.

We have been struggling to take our chances in matches this season but on this occasion that was the difference in our favour with Ola scoring the first real chance of the match and Lewwis putting away a tap in to make the points safe.

I thought the whole team did excellently well with every tackle they made to make sure it was a ball winner and not nasty when the conditions made such things very difficult.

Hopefully we can continue scoring much needed points in the difficult fixtures to come and keep the momentum going.

Up the Urchins