Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred'n Lg - Wk 2 results, Wk 3 matches by 15:00, Sat 29 Jan

Jago

Here we are again.  Great performance down in Worthing.    Did anyone get a speed gun on Lewwis’s first half strike?

Also a great performance in the Prediction League from this week's Golden Boot winner Clive, whose 17 goal haul is the equal fourth best of all time.  CuppaTea was just one out on the attendance – impressive given the size of the crowd, and Paul C will be cursing his misfortune in scoring 11 yet still losing.  Since when was life fair though Paul?  

Meanwhile Diamond Geezer managed  to fluke a win with the second lowest score of the day.  So an absolute shoe-in for the Lucky B@st@rd award.  And the two teams who backed against the Chins both lost.  Make of that what you will.

Still a bit early in the season for further analysis, so let’s get on with it.  Except to ask when did 1961 COYS suddenly become COYS 1961?   Most mysterious!

The Trophy Division

image.png.9d227febe6d1833e9d3296133522ffe0.png

image.png.dc20bc60bc161a65a4b0dadf6775bb67.png

FA Vase Division

image.png.694ef589a180f25eb2b2588f91beb44f.png

image.png.fe62b372d8541f98eb53ad275f6b69d3.png

Next week:  Please predict by 3pm, Sat 29th Jan

image.png.30b9444c800d3761b4961c3a86542edf.png

And use this right load of tosh for your predictive powers:

Dungannon S v Carrick Rgrs
Luton v Blackburn
Colchester v Swindon
Brentwood v Canvey
Hornchurch v Lewes
Attendance:

Contingency:
Bromley v Notts County (3G)

Up the Urchins
Jago

Edited by Jago

Dungannon S 0 v 3 Carrick Rgrs
Luton 2 v 1 Blackburn
Colchester 2 v 2 Swindon
Brentwood 0 v 3 Canvey
Hornchurch 4 v 0 Lewes
Attendance:444

Contingency:
Bromley 1v 0 Notts County (3G)

Two defeats on the spin. Time for protocol 3. Jago, I wish to change my team name to the Shettleston Strugglers post haste.

Dungannon S 2 v 1 Carrick Rgrs
Luton 1 v 3 Blackburn
Colchester 1 v 2 Swindon
Brentwood 0 v 3 Canvey
Hornchurch 2 v 1 Lewes
Attendance: 369

Contingency:
Bromley 1 v 1 Notts County (3G)

On 25/01/2022 at 18:51, The Hatted Urchin said:

Two defeats on the spin. Time for protocol 3. Jago, I wish to change my team name to the Shettleston Strugglers post haste.

Your wish is, as ever, my command.

Or should I just change your team name to "Alliterative Glasgow Suburb FC" ?

I take it you've been evicted again?

Edited by Jago

2 hours ago, MikeMike said:

Brentwood 0 v 6 Canvey (If Ollie Bowles is in goal for Brentwood else 1-3)

I checked the contract and technically you need to raise a Change Request which CuppaTea (Product Owner) would need to approve ahead of the game. His SLA is 4 days and he's a stickler for the rules,  so a "bung" would normally be the best route here if he's selling the 50-50s.

However on this occasion I will approve the request providing you confirm said custodianship before I get round to doing the results.

Good work Lady Jago - finally someone backs Brentwood. 

"We hate Canvey too" (as the song goes) has been starkly exposed as a complete fiction by the rest of you when it comes to your shameless quest for points in the dog-eat-dog world of the Prediction League.

And yes I'll probably go for an away win too - hypocrite that I am.

43 minutes ago, Jago said:

I checked the contract and technically you need to raise a Change Request which CuppaTea (Product Owner) would need to approve ahead of the game. His SLA is 4 days and he's a stickler for the rules,  so a "bung" would normally be the best route here if he's selling the 50-50s.

However on this occasion I will approve the request providing you confirm said custodianship before I get round to doing the results.

I have personal reasons for disliking Ollie and the time he shipped 6 goals against Thurrock whilst playing for AFC Sudbury (1 from the half way line) is in my top ten favourite games.
Whilst he seems to have been Brentwood's regular keeper he wasn't in the squad for their last game against Tilbury so I'll have to see what Saturday brings.
In respect of a "bung", I have a piggy bank with about £1.50 of today's money in assorted farthings, threepenny bits and tanners (odd shilling as well) which I reckon is more than reasonable.

Dungannon S  1 v 1 Carrick Rgrs
Luton 2 v 1 Blackburn
Colchester 1 v 1 Swindon
Brentwood 1 v 3 Canvey
Hornchurch 2 v 0 Lewes
Attendance: 412

Contingency:
Bromley 2 v 1 Notts County (3G)