Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island V Enfield Town

seemgee

1 hour ago, djwilf said:

Terrible result yes.   Worst for some time.

Terrible performance?

Well DJW this has been on the cards from the beginning of the season.

AL's management, with his coaching staff, is coming off the tracks. As I stated recently the whole squad is unbalanced. Plus his approach to the game is out dated. He is taking us back to square one. I say this as an 80+ supporter who thought he had seen it all.

We cannot keep hiding from this when it is staring us in the face. Decision have to be made!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Haven't posted on here for quite a long time, but today's performance was one of those that is going to stick in the memory and I have to let off a bit of steam. We weren't just bad; we were epically bad. The defence, in particular, was non-existent. From where I was standing it's impossible to say if Nathan was at fault for any of the goals, but our back four certainly didn't help him.

The one (and only one) player who should come out of this game with his head held at least reasonably high is Marcus. He was involved in anything and everything worthwhile for the majority of the game. And then he was substituted!!!!!!!??

To rub salt into the wound, Jake (who had been given nothing to work with for most of the game) was taken off injured after scoring. That meant we finished the game with only 10 players. 

Dismal afternoon. Oh! And Andy wasn't there for some reason!

I regret having to repeat myself but having read your comments BG makes me wonder what they do in Training. Are they fit enough and are they coached to play as a unit.

Your observation again shows that we have either NO Discipline or the players, especially in defensive areas are just not good enough and changes are needed. 

As far as an artificial pitch is concerned my advice would be to put it on hold and invest in a few players worthy of playing on it. It would also help if we had a new coaching outfit who know what type of player is required to attain success at this level in 2022. Preferable with Mo type Goal Scorer amongst them.

10 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

I regret having to repeat myself but having read your comments BG makes me wonder what they do in Training. Are they fit enough and are they coached to play as a unit.

Your observation again shows that we have either NO Discipline or the players, especially in defensive areas are just not good enough and changes are needed. 

As far as an artificial pitch is concerned my advice would be to put it on hold and invest in a few players worthy of playing on it. It would also help if we had a new coaching outfit who know what type of player is required to attain success at this level in 2022. Preferable with Mo type Goal Scorer amongst them.

All down to making the best of what we have. Andy brought them in and it’s down to him, no one else.

AL hasn't been able to replace Mo, Jerry, Manny and PK following their departures over the summer. As Andy says above, the buck now stops with the manager. I shall wait until we've played 10 league games (Currently 5 - and 14th in the league,) before deciding whether I believe AL can turn this around. However exiting the FA Cup at the first hurdle - and with barely a whimper - is almost a sackable offence already in my eyes. I hope the board are having a look at suitable replacements.

Can't agree more CC.

But I am a little concerned that a certain complacency may be creeping into many peoples thinking. That we should not rock the boat and accept the status-quo.

I know that all of us are going to feel the pinch over the next year or so and that includes clubs at all levels. But even to retain our current league position we have to be willing to invest in obtaining better players and management. If only to keep the crowd revenues at current levels. Even if it means culling the current squad numbers. 

Of course until  this is done planning for a new type of  pitch and ground improvements, which are admirable objectives, will have to be  put on hold until the financial recovery starts. That is unless a wealthy benefactor comes along.

But then should we win the next 5 games no one would be happier than me; and I would have to withdraw my comments. But that is quite a wish!!!  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Well this debate has gone down well. 

In addition to picking up my Season Ticket and Membership Card I am wondering what other excitement will come my way on Saturday.

Mind you if it was announced that the club were considering putting up their prices on all Beers and Spirits from Saturday,  the posts, on this forum would be never ending.