Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Parcell Departs...

I'm hugely disappointed to see Mickey leave. He has been an absolute star on and off the pitch throughout his time at the club and will be sorely missed

Equally, he has said it is due to work commitments, Nothing to do with the manager. 

Non League is Non League - personal circumstances change and have knock on consequences regardless. Let's just wish Mickey and his family well and continue to support the club going forward.

And he lives in Enfield, so if he does go back there that makes perfect sense

7 minutes ago, Dinamo Urchin said:

I'm hugely disappointed to see Mickey leave. He has been an absolute star on and off the pitch throughout his time at the club and will be sorely missed

Equally, he has said it is due to work commitments, Nothing to do with the manager. 

Non League is Non League - personal circumstances change and have knock on consequences regardless. Let's just wish Mickey and his family well and continue to support the club going forward.

And he lives in Enfield, so if he does go back there that makes perfect sense

Well said Dave. As said Mickey is moving for work and family reasons. He is getting married soon and no doubt wants to start a family. He lives Enfield way and non league football is a huge commitment. 

Mickey hasn’t been released it was his choice and wanted the news released which is what has happened. It has nothing to do with the manager situation which is still ongoing. As previously said we aren’t going to hire anyone it’s got to be the right choice. I just ask you’re patient and I’m sure a new manager and some fresh faces will be incoming very very soon! Keep the faith 

The relevance to the appointment of the new manager is that the squad is in limbo at the moment and other players might decide to move on or start to be poached by other clubs unless an appointment is made in the near future.

Presumably none are under contract.

2 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

The relevance to the appointment of the new manager is that the squad is in limbo at the moment and other players might decide to move on or start to be poached by other clubs unless an appointment is made in the near future.

Presumably none are under contract.

I would imagine discussions are ongoing regardless - I wouldn't say the club is in limbo, I'm sure that the players we have are experienced enough to understand what is happening or know more than we do so that is isn't an issue. They will make their choices based on their personal circumstances just as potential new players will. Obviously, the quicker the appointment is made the better, but I don't doubt other things are happening.

14 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Lovely lad, Mickey. Perhaps a bit of a strange one leaving 'due to work commitments' though. If he ends up playing anywhere else you kind of have to wonder how accurate that was.

Yeah we rate him too CC - if he does end up back at Enfield then so be it - he’ll get a warm welcome from us anyway. Good guy

31 minutes ago, cup of tea said:

Yeah we rate him too CC - if he does end up back at Enfield then so be it - he’ll get a warm welcome from us anyway. Good guy

As you know Enfield are in a similar position to Hornchurch - albeit we got a new manager in a little sooner. But our squad is also in a state of flux. Meanwhile all over social media you see the likes of Billericay making various 'signings'. Historically Enfield haven't tended to announce signings until league forms have been signed - which doesn't have to be done for some time yet, so I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of players committing to the Urchins. You've (no doubt) got a decent budget and I'm sure the new manager will be someone with whom most of your squad from last season will be happy, so it will mostly be down to who he (or SHE?!) wants to stay.

17 hours ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

Wouldn't put it past him going back to Enfield... :grin:

He has ,Annie