Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Parcell Departs...

I don’t post much I feel so strongly and you were there through thick and thin, all weathers, you helped people of all ages to remain upright including the drunks like me, you will never be forgotten a true legend of the club, the replacement i’m sure will be great but it won’t be the same. The tears are running down my face as I type this... Thank you perimeter fence for everything and best of luck for the future 😂

oh and cheers Mickey👍

Mickey Parcell is my favourite ever Hornchurch player, so any reason for him leaving is gut wrenching.

As far as he has let on publicly he was happy to be with us and was with us for four seasons despite being easily capable of playing at the top level of Step 2 if he was so motivated.

At best Enfield Town is a sideways move football wise and as he knows his personal circumstances better than I do, I can only believe it was for personal rather than football reasons.

I hope that one day he will play for us again.

First of all , I understand that Mickey lives in Enfield (apparently close to the ground) and it’s my understanding that half of the league games in most leagues are played at home ? That’s a saving of circa. 1000 miles a season part of which is along that lovely m25 . I doubt there’s a significant saving on away matches, my guess that away to Hornchurch away next season is similar to being away to Enfield last season for starters. 

Mickey is also a nice guy, he’s previously played for Enfield and my guess is that there’s still people friendly to him there as well.

By all means call Mickey a liar if you want to when we play them (which is effectively what you’ve done here) see where that gets you - if I see him I will thank him for the loyalty he’s shown to us over the last few seasons and will offer to buy him a pint. 

10 hours ago, cup of tea said:

First of all , I understand that Mickey lives in Enfield (apparently close to the ground) and it’s my understanding that half of the league games in most leagues are played at home ? That’s a saving of circa. 1000 miles a season part of which is along that lovely m25 . I doubt there’s a significant saving on away matches, my guess that away to Hornchurch away next season is similar to being away to Enfield last season for starters. 

Mickey is also a nice guy, he’s previously played for Enfield and my guess is that there’s still people friendly to him there as well.

By all means call Mickey a liar if you want to when we play them (which is effectively what you’ve done here) see where that gets you - if I see him I will thank him for the loyalty he’s shown to us over the last few seasons and will offer to buy him a pint. 

Well said. Totally agree 

16 hours ago, cup of tea said:

Mickey was/is much-loved by the ETFC fans. When Brad Quinton jumped ship following our play-off defeat to Dulwich in 2017 he took most of the squad with him to Braintree. Mickey was one of the few who remained - and it certainly wasn't because he wasn't wanted at Braintree. Unfortunately (and inexplicably) he wasn't rated by Andy Leese, hence Hornchurch stepping in and offering him a home and a platform to perform. I suspect it is no coincidence that no sooner has Leese gone then Mickey is heading back - in fact he was wearing a Town shirt back at Donkey Lane for a testimonial 3 weeks ago.

In an age where players seems to change clubs at the drop of a hat its nice to see a player showing some loyalty and it wouldn't surprise me if he only ever plays for Hornchurch and ETFC  throughout his career.