Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred'n Lg - Week 1, By 12:30 on 9th Sep please

Jago

Hello everyone.   Happy New Year. 

Welcome to the new season, especially our new joiners Marta, Old Urchin and Digger the Cat.  This is probably the last time I will be nice to you so it may be worth taking a screenshot.

@Digger. The. Cat! – I have called your team “Catatonic” for now but let me know what name you actually want.

We have lost Wivenhoe and Mojo (who between them won an unprecedented number of Fat Tom Alarm Clocks), so that gives us 24 teams in two divisions of 12. No dummy team required.  As normal there will be 14 matches then the Div 2 play-offs – if I’ve done my sums right we should therefore finish just before Christmas.  Unless the Queen dies again.

I’ll post the “rules” on my next post once someone replies to this (otherwise the two posts get combined which is really annoying).

Nothing much more to say, so we may as get on with it.  It’s an international week so the normal hotch potch of games. 

Here we go.

Week 1 fixtures - By 12:30, Sat 9th Sep

image.png.24dc19a5969d4de38743a952a9438349.png

Please predict on these scrapings from the barrel :

Ukraine v England
Col U v Tranmere
Halifax v Southend (12:30)
Canvey v Whitehawk
Wingate & F v Hornchurch
Attendance :

Contingency:
Slough v Aveley

That's it.   See you in the queue for (admitedly excellent) food at Wingate.
JAGO

Edited by Jago

23 hours ago, Jago said:

Hello everyone.   Happy New Year. 

Welcome to the new season, especially our new joiners Marta, Old Urchin and Digger the Cat.  This is probably the last time I will be nice to you so it may be worth taking a screenshot.

@Digger. The. Cat! – I have called your team “Catatonic” for now but let me know what name you actually want.

We have lost Wivenhoe and Mojo (who between them won an unprecedented number of Fat Tom Alarm Clocks), so that gives us 24 teams in two divisions of 12. No dummy team required.  As normal there will be 14 matches then the Div 2 play-offs – if I’ve done my sums right we should therefore finish just before Christmas.  Unless the Queen dies again.

I’ll post the “rules” on my next post once someone replies to this (otherwise the two posts get combined which is really annoying).

Nothing much more to say, so we may as get on with it.  It’s an international week so the normal hotch potch of games. 

Here we go.

Week 1 fixtures - By 12:30, Sat 9th Sep

image.png.24dc19a5969d4de38743a952a9438349.png

Please predict on these scrapings from the barrel :

Ukraine v England
Col U v Tranmere
Halifax v Southend (12:30)
Canvey v Whitehawk
Wingate & F v Hornchurch
Attendance :

Contingency:
Slough v Aveley

That's it.   See you in the queue for (admitedly excellent) food at Wingate.
JAGO

Ukraine 0 v 2 England

Colchester 1 v 1 Tranmere 

Halifax 2 v 0 Southend 

Canvey 1 v 1 Whitehawk

Wingate 1 v 2 Hornchurch Att 470

Slough 1 v 1 Aveley

I should be at Witham cup game if I can pay you entry fee? Thank you

2 hours ago, MikeMike said:

Yes. And you have to be very particular on formatting or else @Jago gets grumpy. 

Yes I do.  But I do give the newbies a bit of leeway on this.

@Old Urchin - yes Mike is right, please try not to put extra lines between the prediction matches as it overwrites a bunch of prepopulated cells when I copy into excel.    For the avoidance of doubt this is not an official warning (see rule 5.1) as I haven't actually put the rules up yet! - they will be on my next post.

I won't actually be at the Witham game as Mrs Jago is making me go on a weekend break, but I'm at most home and away games.   If you are desparate to pay, just find anyone on the Supporters Committee and they will pass on.   Assuming they don't squander it with Bet365.

17 hours ago, Jago said:

Yes I do.  But I do give the newbies a bit of leeway on this.

@Old Urchin - yes Mike is right, please try not to put extra lines between the prediction matches as it overwrites a bunch of prepopulated cells when I copy into excel.    For the avoidance of doubt this is not an official warning (see rule 5.1) as I haven't actually put the rules up yet! - they will be on my next post.

I won't actually be at the Witham game as Mrs Jago is making me go on a weekend break, but I'm at most home and away games.   If you are desparate to pay, just find anyone on the Supporters Committee and they will pass on.   Assuming they don't squander it with Bet365.

Apologies about the submission of the results was typing on the mobile and it kept putting a line in (very annoying). I have the benefit of a PC so perhaps that might be more user friendly!

Ukraine 1 v 2 England
Col U  1 v 1 Tranmere
Halifax 1 v 2 Southend (12:30)
Canvey 1 v 0 Whitehawk
Wingate & F 0 v 3 Hornchurch
Attendance : 276

Contingency:
Slough 0 v 2 Aveley

Edited by COYS1961
Jago moaning