Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New manager time again!

3 hours ago, cup of tea said:

The important thing is to get behind the club, get behind arguably the best board in this league and as fans do what we can to support everyone on the transistion. I’d rather be where we are than any other team in this league 

Edited by cup of tea

At the end of the day we could be managerless for Ricay and Enfield away but I’d rather them take their time and appoint the right man than rush it. The players still know their roles and they still know they have to perform regardless of who is in charge and I’m sure they will. Whoever is in charge over the next few games will have our support, at the end of the day it’s not their fault they have been thrown in the deep end 

Perhaps things might have been unsettled in the camp as we are currently 11th in the Form table having a modest 9 points from 6  games and we have not had the results we would have expected as a top of the table team at the moment and have some difficult fixtures coming up.  I would be under the circumstances if we maintained the top spot even by a point by the end of February and have the in coming manager in place for second half of the season.  

Edited by obis

45 minutes ago, obis said:

Perhaps things might have been unsettled in the camp as we are currently 11th in the Form table having a modest 9 points from 6  games and we have not had the results we would have expected as a top of the table team at the moment and have some difficult fixtures coming up.  I would be under the circumstances if we maintained the top spot even by a point by the end of February and have the in coming manager in place for second half of the season.  

Depends how you look at it really, 8 points from the last 12 since our only defeat in the league this season including a good away win against Hashtag. It is a chance for a reset. Injuries have definitely taken a toll, we’re not as fluid as we were. 

Let’s see how we get on against Carshalton, will be a tough game but we need to win, don’t want to go into that Ricay game having to win. 4 points out of the 2 games would be a good return. I don’t think the performances have been bad, it’s the 2-3 home games where we have drawn, I know the pitch isn’t great at this time of the year but we just need to find ways of creating chances. The positive is, every home game this year, don’t think we have  ever felt we would lose the game and that’s how good the defence have been this year. Chatham was tight for a lot of that game and the longer the game stays 0-0 you’re always at risk of the other team knicking it, it could have been a similar story against Hashtag if they didn’t get a man sent off. It’s just that link between midfield and the attack that is a little off at the moment. We’ve got a great points total so far but we need to convert these draws into wins because If you start to have this up and down form then the chasing pack  will smell blood. Injuries definitely have played its part, Nathan Green was a big part of our creativity going forward and linked up well with Yusuff. I also think Femi is much better when he comes off the bench, always makes an impact when he comes on, not as much when he starts.

I’ve been associated with this club in one way or another for a very long time. There have been many people who have worked tirelessly over the years but I think the current board, set up, and genuine fan base is one the best I have ever witnessed. I have no doubt the right appointment will be made asap. I believe HFC is an attractive job proposition for a lot of people atm. 

I hope I’m wrong but I’ve got a feeling Billericay will win the league now🥺

We’ve got a tough run of games coming 

2 hours ago, kimbles left foot said:

Just in January, Ricay are to play us, Lewes, Bognor and Enfield. We will win this league.

It’s a nasty looking January but after that it’s looking a lot better.