Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New manager time again!

I like most am gutted he hasn’t seen out the season but I am also realistic it wasn’t going to be a long term affair.

Good luck to Steve at Sutton, but let’s stick with the boys they have got us where we are and trust Alex & Colin to get the next one right of which I am sure they will.

The attendances have improved and we have played some good football so it’s important to keep that going.

I don’t get how people feel let down by this but that is each to there own. Let’s back whoever is in the dugout next week more than we did this week and the last week and push on to maintain this gap we have with some tough games coming up.

up the chins! 

Andy Leese is available .

You could do worse .

4 minutes ago, cup of tea said:

I’m sure whoever the board picks, it’ll be a good choice. If we pick Craig Edwards though, I’ll start supporting Cheshunt! 

It wouldn't surprise me he only lives round the corner I do believe 

Just now, urchinman1961 said:

It wouldn't surprise me he only lives round the corner I do believe 

Yeah, doesn’t his wife run a tea shop in Hornchurch? I’ve seen him in a pub in Upminster before

Some of us remember attending the FA cup first round away to Boston in 2004, not even knowing who would play, as everyone had been released earlier that week. 

The initial reaction is shock and awe, then anger etc etc. That's the life of a supporter.

This is nowhere near that. Alex has done an amazing job and we were very, very lucky to get a manager of Steve's quality and ability to grace the famous Bridge Avenue, even for such a short time.

So we head into the second half of the season, top of the league, heads held high and all to play for on Saturday, whoever is in charge.

Roll on Saturday and the next chapter of Hornchurch FC.

Andy Leese was sacked by Kettering Town in November 2023.

Pretty damning indictment of his tenure at Kettering in the Northamptonshire Telegraph of 13th November 2023.

Don't think he would be a very good option.

I only originally mentioned Craig Edwards as a joke and it seems that people have taken it seriously.

Would not think that there is the slightest liklihood of that man being allowed anywhere near Hornchurch Football Club as a manager (other than with Cheshunt). 

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

Andy Leese was sacked by Kettering Town in November 2023.

Pretty damning indictment of his tenure at Kettering in the Northamptonshire Telegraph of 13th November 2023.

Don't think he would be a very good option.

I only originally mentioned Craig Edwards as a joke and it seems that people have taken it seriously.

Would not think that there is the slightest liklihood of that man being allowed anywhere near Hornchurch Football Club as a manager (other than with Cheshunt). 

I took it as a joke but got a bit carried away! We need to give the board time to process this and to sort out where we go next from this but sort it out they will. I don’t think you’ll get any favourable reports of Leese from Enfield fans because of his style of play when he was there.

Edited by cup of tea

Just got back from abroad today and it's all change at the Bridge, I'm not surprised Morison has gone, my pal back in Cardiff who works for Cardiff FC, knows Morison well and has been telling me for months that Morison has been applying for every league 1 and 2 job that became available, most recently the Crawley job.

I'm thankful for what he's done and also trust Alex Sharp, Colin, and the board 100% to get an even better replacement, and I'll tell you why I believe this, this season the club is more professional than ever before, our fans and the buzz around the ground and clubhouse has been better than ever and we have all witnessed a part-time outfit start the transition into a professional outfit readying for national league south and national league football.

I personally haven't got a clue who we will get, but I'm excited and what I do know is there is no way we will go backwards! 

Up The Urchins!