Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island v Enfield Town

Forster, Parcell, Payne, Okotcha, McKenzie, Thomas, Harvest, Youngs, Taaffe, Wyllie, Beckles-Richhards

Hippolyte, Richmond, Rodrigues-Alves, Onyeagwara,  Adjei-Hersey

Edited by seemgee
Spelling error

A poor game lit up by two real bits of quality… first Harvest skips past two players and unleashes a thunderbolt which the keeper parries out to Young then Marcus runs along the edge of the area and reverses the ball into the corner…. The game up to then didn’t deserve any quality… the crowd were getting restless calling for Obi to liven things up…. the one thing you can say about Gavin is he is not one for change… the set up is always a negative defensive shape that tries not to lose rather than set up to win…. thankfully that piece of quality from Harvest in which was his first venture forward saved the manager from what could have been an uncomfortable afternoon….

PS …As OT stated the ref was very one sided….

Edited by WHY DO I BOTHER

Really needed that result.   First clean sheet in some time and hopefully a sign of us turning the corner.   Hoping that the injury before half time wasn't too serious.   Good to see us trying something a little different and keeps us in the mix.   Now time to put some of the recent performances behind us and move on to some better flowing football and some more positive performances!!

4 hours ago, djwilf said:

Hoping that the injury before half time wasn't too serious.   

Josh had a cut eye from a collision with the perimeter fence. Didn't look too bad

Reports seem to be somewhat mixed but at least no goals against. 

I don't know when W-B started watching but in the past few seasons we have always suffered a lack of defensive organisation. This seems to have crept in again recently and is probably why Gavin is trying to formulate a more resilient defensive shape. From a coaching point of view I don't think of this as being negative. Especially considering the number of goals we have let in over the past month. 

If this is stopped then the next few games could show us moving up again. It may also give Harvest and others more time to go forward and show their quality. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Agreed 4WF - I don't think we have the players (or necessarily the budget to attract the players) to be able to play sides off the park in this league with expansive football. In my mind, Gavin is trying to be pragmatic and make us defensively sound as a starting point, and we then have players who can chip in with goals, as the likes of Wyllie and Youngs have shown. As much as I'd like us to be more attacking, dominate possession and play more football, I trust the management in what they're trying to do - clearly it's not been working at times this season (especially of late), but it sounds like it did this weekend, and the 0 in the scoreline is almost as pleasing as the 3.

I wasn't at the game, but a very welcome 3 points - let's hope it's the start of us turning our recent form around, and not a flash in the pan 🤞