Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

3 points,just

A home debut for Daryl and three points. Not the easiest points tbh. Apart from the constant long balls in the second half, I did not see any real threat. Agreed with the previous comments Jack Taylor is a great understudy of Ryan Scott and the pair of them dealt with the aerial threats time after time. I hope our injury list improves over the week. Three points and another step upwards.

Tough watch that but we managed to grind it out. I actually think we play better away from home this season, maybe it’s because teams sit in against us at home and we struggle to break them down whereas it’s the opposite away from home. 3 points is 3 points. Scott or Taylor Man of the Match, maybe Taylor because Scott wins them all. Defence brilliant again, Cheshunt made it difficult without posing too much of a threat. Onto Dulwich, another tough place to go, haven’t lost at home in the league since August so will be tough and they’re in good form now. Will keep an eye on Tuesdays results as well and hopefully something goes our way but the 3pts today means anything that goes our way is a bonus. 

Edited by Up the chins

Ryan was my mom, immense as usual , Jack did really well. Femi was a great focal point for the attack today and Sean was always a threat. Much improved Cheshunt side that was closing down the space effectively , more what you would expect from a Ming side than last time but i think that maybe lacking the skill in the last 3rd to beat us. Very handy with the Billericay result and it looks like Chatham was pushed as well so delighted with the result COYU 

If your going to win titles you get games such as this where as a team you have to grind out a result and today was that sort of match.  Every player worked hard and as a team broke down a very hard working Cheshunt side who were determined not to lose or make life easy.  At least they offered more than Whitehawk who just parked their bus and hoped for a point.

When the goal came it was swift down the left amd a good cross for Femi finish it and that was that.

The defence today was excellent and we got bonus of Ricay losing.

3 more points to the total keep it.going 

UP THE URCHINS

It certainly wasn’t pretty, but when you’re top of the league you find ways to win. Very happy considering the current injury list, but Dulwich away will be a tough one. Hopefully we’ll come away with something from that one. I thought Femi and Sean played particularly well today, another strange performance by the referee, but that just seems to be the theme this season. One step closer!

1 more win will pretty much secure a playoff place looking at previous seasons. 9 points clear of our nearest rivals with a game in hand (away to Concord) is a great place to be. We’ve just got to stay focused (hoping a new manager helps with that) and keep powering towards the finishing line. Hoping we get players back for Dulwich

Ok Time for me to pipe up .  We just lack a cutting edge up front so the right result   . It's been our problem all season and yet again we lose by a single goal. I just can't get my head round it.  On the plus side it keeps you well in front of them Townies so I'll take some comfort from that . 

All the best Urchins, surely the finish line is in sight by now.