Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essex Senior League - Waltham Abbey 1 AFC Hornchurch 0

Urchins

Anyone got any thoughts on player of the match. I would say Abbey's number five (their captain Wesley Forde) - but for Urchins I would say Nicky Cowley, with a special mention to Sean Dear who transformed the game when he came on.

Not a bad place for wild life, either - did anyone notice the otters playing on the river bank, and the grass snake?

And the programme mentioned a 200 seater stand - did anyone manage to find it? (I certainly didn't).

We've certainly never won the first game since I've been here, good summing up by J Lo and ok a small blip but we will bounce back and with the support of the travelling Urchins will succeed.

Someone mentioned the officials in the ESL to me last week and I hope there is an improvement as lots of things were missed or given incorrectly.

Nevertheless well done Abbey and see you on Jan 2nd.

I like many others am sure that yesterday was a big surprise,considering how well we have played in the pre season friendlies.

Considering we were supposed to be playing 3-5-2 our midfield was completely absent and it was only rectified when we returned to 4-4-2. I have been impressed with Steve King, but question the choice of Burbridge as his passing and possession caused US more than a few problems yesterday.

Seah Dear and Charlie Bull also created more chances in the last five minutes, than the rest of the team in the whole of the secondhalf.

As for the official, not bad have seen far worse in higher up leagues.

Role on Tuesday.

Quote:
LeagueSecretary said:
Sorry, but you are out of order with that comment,the Referees I appiont to games are assistants on the Conferance or Football League

I think you should stop taking life so seriously! This is a fans forum where we can discuss and comment on what we like, our views and oppinions are biased towards a certain club and even we as supporters within our club disagree from time to time.
So if you are who you claim to be, you should know better than to react to a small amount of banter.

Morning world.

Quote:
LeagueSecretary said:
Sorry, but you are out of order with that comment,the Referees I appiont to games are assistants on the Conferance or Football League

God help the above leagues then because if a linesman cannot keep up with play in the ESL, he ain't got no chance in the league...

the linesman on the far side made me look skinny. plus, if you start going grey as a bloke, you cut your long hair off, surely? not grow an hideous mullett.

is there not a fitness test they have to do before waddling the line?