Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pat Gradley

Jimmy

Originally Posted By: jc
Sam Groombridge currently at Tilbury.

Obscure enough for you all?

In a rare foray back onto here for me to post bizarre knowledge of former players, I do have to doff my cap to you.

Although it's not quite on a par for obscurity but I have found former "four-figure transfer fee" forward Kevin Budge lurking in the Sussex County football league last season and looking decidedly haggard... isn't he only about 30 now?!

If anyone can tell me what happened to midfield maestro Ben White and as to why he was nicknamed "You useless fat sack of [****]!" I'd be eternally grateful... wink whistle

Adam Miller adds to his long long list of admirers:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/sport/default.asp?article_id=38753

I particularly enjoyed the following statement from the man who three times blubbed like a big girl when things didn't go his way:

"It’s a man’s game,” said the match-winner. “I think some players and referees like it to be tippy-tappy. I don’t care who I upset, and if I upset people. If they don’t like it then they’ve got to take it on the chin. We’re all men and it’s a man’s game – deal with it."

I enjoyed the misplaced simile in “The geezer didn’t stop moaning, he was up off the bench every two minutes, up and down like Tower Bridge"... Once or twice a year then, presumably?

Love to loathe him - and he's looking disturbingly like Ryan Sidebottom... front bottom would be more accurate.

Cheers for the Ben White info. Looking at their first team squad photo suggests that he's possibly still got the same nickname. wink