Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pat Gradley

Jimmy

Yes Gary, you are absolutely right, twice in the same post.

Not going to be drink too much, I want to remember the day.

I've been to Wembley to follow "my team", obviously Chelsea, twice before and both times I don't remember an awful lot.

First time was in '97 in the Charity Shield final that we lost on pens to Manchester United and the League Cup final later the same season to Middlesbrough. I don't remember my walk down Wembley way for either, I wasn't drunk, I just don't remember. Funilly enough I do remember the Globe.

I want to remember everything from Saturday.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
I think I'll settle for McPhee, Bossie, Barrett and Stacy. Cannot be many better midfield 4 in the league.
Don't get too smashed tommorrow or Saturday, Harry - you will want to remember the whole day, not just until you pass out!!

I would like to see Akinde, and Chukki, start off up front, but it won't happen, as it seems we cannot have a team without Luke Moore in it. Unless we drop one of your's of course Gary ?

Normally I'd agree but I think that as the pitch at Wembley is bigger* I think Luke will get the space to pull the defenders out of position giving the likes of McPhee, Barret and Bossy to create some chances.

*I think Wembley is bigger than our pitch but currently can't find the facts to confirm. I can find the "Bowl Volume": 1,139,100 m3 but not the pitch measurements.

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Normally I'd agree but I think that as the pitch at Wembley is bigger* I think Luke will get the space to pull the defenders out of position giving the likes of McPhee, Barret and Bossy to create some chances.

*I think Wembley is bigger than our pitch but currently can't find the facts to confirm. I can find the "Bowl Volume": 1,139,100 m3 but not the pitch measurements.

I see where your coming from Harry,I would say your right about pitch size, I am not sure, but I would say that Stonbridge road is only about 42 yards wide, what worries me is that Luke is so lightweight, and of late he has missed a lot of , seemingly easy chances

Oi, the penalty for polluting the Pat Gradley thread with pointless chit-chat about real football is to be summarily executed by being disembowelled by JC and Jimmy.

Now let's haul this back on topic. And in some style too - early Nineties carthorse Amade Chababe is at Ajax U17s training for his coaching badges.

Beat that JC...

As penance.....Tostaos agent is on overtime

Well placed sources close to the player said four European clubs from - England (2), Scotland and France were interested in signing the free scoring striker who scored 65 goals in three season in Vietnam.

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Oi, the penalty for polluting the Pat Gradley thread with pointless chit-chat about real football is to be summarily executed by being disembowelled by JC and Jimmy.

Sharp implements at the ready, Stu - fortunately for the above offenders, I presume the efficient Wembley stewards will confiscate them from me tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Now let's haul this back on topic. And in some style too - early Nineties carthorse Amade Chababe is at Ajax U17s training for his coaching badges.

Beat that JC...

I can't beat it in terms of obscurity, but hopefully I can in terms of comedy.

Amongst the pages of match previews in yesterday's local papers, the Distorter had a page with an idiot's guide to the Fleet, including a list of 'famous ex-players'. This included the usual mixture of legends from decades ago (e.g. Logie) and current Premier League/Football League players (e.g. Bullard), but there was one name rather surprisingly considered famous: Romauld Bouadji.

Eh?

Originally Posted By: Fleet boys
andy drury has been released by Lewes according to bbc

And it looks like we wont see our old friend , Tom Davis, either, as he has said he doesnt want to stay with Lewes.

Looks like the only former player who will be left with them is Paul Booth, who apparently still has 1 year on his contract. Will be interesting to see how he gets on next season.

Lewes fans already sound concerned as to the prospects for next season with players leaving and the replacements being suggested initially are Brighton rejects.