Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Rhodes bitch against Haringey Borough thread

Not sure if Mr. Achillea reads the Essex Senior League forum but I'm sure he would like to add this to his "collection"...

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Perhaps as Haringey's match is postponed today Allan could take the time to bite the bullit and come on to defend himself and the accusations made against him rather than simply do as his Chairman tells him. He's being dictated to Robert Mugabe style like I was at Haringey before I left and told not to post on the Forum, the Chairman is running the Club like a concentration camp.

I go to the ESL forum a lot as I have a lot of strong connections in that league, as well as taking part in the prediction league.

Whilst clippy is on this forum and continues to make an idiot of himself, I will continue to highlight the fact (I've lost count of how many times I've said this now). If he were to post sensibly or, as expected tomorrow night, leave the forum altogether, then I will go back to enjoying the threads and the banter as I did before and chip in as and when.

i dont understand you FM.

each individual reader can decide if rhodes is making an idiot of himself or not.

some then choose to comment.

plenty of people make all sorts of posts, boring interesting dull controversial or whatever but you seem to feed off rhodes posts exclusively

have you thought this through, fm?

rhodes leaves this forum as you hope and youll be like wise without morecambe, a fish out of water, a tonic without gin.

you will become an alien trawling through cyber space searching for your next feast following the shining star, the elusive rainbows end.

"clippy clippy" your cries will be heard, "why do you always leave me, why, why?"

I am of course a sensible well balanced individual with no faults at all.

and no obsessions

none at all.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
3praise - Sorry to change the subject but as 'our' thread was deleted by Wader I'm not sure where else to post this question.
In the Tottenham Journal today it has the following two liner under the heading 'Market Stalls Set For Return':

'A market selling new and second hand goods may return to White Hart Lane. Haringey Council has received an application to renew the use of Coles Park Playing Fields car park as a market of up to 80 stalls between 7am and 1pm on Saturday's and Sunday's. The application includes plans for a traffic patrol to ensure that the market does not cause disruption for residents and surrounding businesses'.

I'm a little confused as I thought the market was still on every weekend and hadn't actually stopped running

3praise - Can you let me know whether the Sunday market took place today as I'm still confused by the above press statement, thanks in advance.

Folks - You may recollect that I made a post recently in my capacity as a stakeholder with the 'Haringey Allotments Forum'. I note from today's local press that it is all hitting the fan which is no surprise to me and, I'm sure, no surprise to 'Sugar' either:

Allotment holders fear rents will rocket

16 January 2008

RENT for allotment holders in Haringey could rocket if a bid for council funding for vital improvement work is rejected.

Allotment holders are furious that they may bear the cost of work after claiming years of under investment by Haringey Council.

Steve Ballard, chairman of the Haringey Allotments Forum, which opposed a previous suggested rent increase of 50 per cent, said: "It's an indefensible position."

A report presented to the council's overview and scrutiny committee last Thursday said £450,000 investment was needed across all 26 allotment sites for improvement work.

A funding bid has been made as part of the council's current budget setting process - finalised in February this year.

But if this is rejected, the money could be sought through borrowing - which the report said would have to be met "from 76 per cent rental increase spend over the next three years".

Council officer, John Morris, said: "The price increase is not a proposed price increase, it's an illustrative price increase - I want that to be clear".

Councillor Gideon Bull (Labour, White Hart Lane) said: "I think you've caused undue alarm. A lot of allotment owners out there thought you were going to slap them with a 76 per cent rise."

But allotment holders remain unconvinced that future increases will be avoided, saying previous bids for council funding have not been prioritised.

Councillor Bob Hare (Liberal Democrat, Highgate), an allotment holder speaking at the meeting, said: "I just wonder whether you agree that 25 or 30 years insufficient maintenance, it must seem to you unfair that this is suddenly brought to existing allotment holders so that they all pay it now."

Revenue from tenancy agreements is about £50,000-£60,000 a year and although day to day services are covered there is an outstanding backlog of investment needed.

Concern was also expressed by the council's scrutiny committee about allotment sites which fall under housing powers and do not have the same legal protection as sites held under the Allotments Act.

Mr Morris said: "I would suggest that we would seek to prioritise their retention".

Why does everything have to be so bloody expensive when it's run by a London Borough? In Hertford, allotments cost £20 a year per plot, so a 76% increase would be £15.20 ! How can you possibly spend £450,000 on allotments?

Sorry Horace, I'm thinking of deleting Cecil's post above, yours will have to go with it though. I'm sure there is a more appropriate place that Cec can post this fascinating yet wholly irrelevant masterpiece on rather than a football forum.

I am not that interested and I'm pretty sure many others aren't in your pastime Cec as a stakeholder in an allotment patch (or was it a stakeholder in an allotment forum?).

Thoughts anyone?

Just in case you missed the point - there is an issue concerning Haringey Borough's alleged responsibility to maintain a fence between Coles Park and the allotments. Because Rhodes is outside the fence, he is having a go at Haringey Borough. Were he still inside the fence, no doubt he would take a different stance!

Originally Posted By: Wader
Sorry Horace, I'm thinking of deleting Cecil's post above, yours will have to go with it though. I'm sure there is a more appropriate place that Cec can post this facinating yet wholly irrelevant masterpiece on rather than a football forum.
I am not that interested and I'm pretty sure many others aren't in your pastime Cec as a stakeholder in an allotment patch (or was it a stakeholder in an allotment forum?).
Thoughts anyone?

Wader - You have surprised me as I thought an astute businessman like yourself was capable of reading between the lines. Haven't you asked yourself why I am a stakeholder in the Haringey Allotments Forum rubbing shoulders with the green fingered brigade, surely my comment about 'Sugar' was a clue.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Just in case you missed the point - there is an issue concerning Haringey Borough's alleged responsibility to maintain a fence between Coles Park and the allotments. Because Rhodes is outside the fence, he is having a go at Haringey Borough. Were he still inside the fence, no doubt he would take a different stance!

Ahh, the nuances of the veg plot and a footie ground sharing a common border. Must admit that flew straight over my head as I don't recall it being mentioned, but it all makes sense now you explain. I thought there had to be an angle somewhere.

Plant 400 quick grow conifers close together (at 70p a time) and damn their damsons and sprouts! Either that or chuck a load of quick lime over the fence grin