Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Rhodes bitch against Haringey Borough thread

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
but you forget Rhodes , you are a bumbling moron! wink

TheSpursFan - I think you know exactly where I'm coming from regarding the allotments that surround half of Coles Park don't you

Coming back to the Haringey Allotments Forum look at the sheer joy on some of our members faces particularly the children:

http://www.secretallotment.co.uk/

Originally Posted By: Wader
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

Gives a whole new meaning to being a vegetarian

http://www.allowe.com/Humor/FunWithFruit.htm

I'm loving that site haha. Do you think it gets past internet parental controls?

I would think a reasonable defence in front of m'lord could be mounted under the heading of extra curricular educational activity in the fields of agriculture..sex education..sculpture and oragami.. grin

Originally Posted By: Wader
Thin end of the wedge. Or should that be shovel?

I'll ask Ian to set up a Vegetables and Fruit section. It could fit in nicely with Bird Watching grin

i think we should have a poll ;)titled :- allotments....
do you grow fruit or veg?

brwn_md_wht

I dont know the exact line you are taking here rhodes but time will tell. I will have a read of the local press over my full english sat morning and may learn more (if any of the staff know what an allotment is)

Thanks for posting the link, it is a side of the area not seen or even imagined by the average fellow spursfan yomping up the high road.

Is there any chance the allotments may go, what would happen to the land that surrounds half of coles park?

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
Is there any chance the allotments may go, what would happen to the land that surrounds half of coles park?

TheSpursFan - Now you're getting warmer, the Council are sadly trying to squeeze out the Allotment lease holders so they won't be able to afford their rent and will ultimately be forced to vacate their plots.

• 1 month later...

Folks - This is a Club from the Broadwater Farm Estate, a stones throw from Coles Park, who 'Sugar' refuses to have anything to do with despite their regular pleas to go into partnership with 'us' to provide outstanding young talent. Broadwater Farm United regularly have players taken from then by Arsenal and Spurs who have asked me personally on a number of occasions why they don't come through 'our' ranks first as a 'semi pro Club', I am forced to reliably inform them that 'our' Chairman is simply not interested, a very sad state of affairs indeed.

Brilliant Broadwater!

20 February 2008

Youth Football

BROADWATER Farm's youth teams are on the verge of a record-breaking season after three teams reached the County Cup finals.

Based on the Tottenham estate of the same name, Broadwater have been leading lights in youth football for some time now, with several players going on to top Premier League clubs.

But according to head coach Clasford Stirling MBE this year could be the best yet.

"We are doing fantastically well. All of our teams from under-11s up could win the league and cup doubles and that is a testament to the hard work from the coaching staff and the efforts of our brilliant crop of players," he said.

"With Emmanuel Frimpong and Jason Banton doing well at Arsenal and England under-16s, 2007/8 is proving to be our best year yet."

Broadwater under-12s were the first team to seal their place in the finals, to be held on April 13, beating Park View 5-0 on Sunday.

Raheem Cosbourne, Greg Stewart, O'Shea De Rose all found the net, as did Dajour Buffont, who was the game's outstanding player.

The under-11s trounced Actua Soccer 7-1 thanks to a hat-trick from Ramone Cassidy, a Shabazz Gooden brace and Enrique McCorkle, while Terrel Oswald was man of the match.

The under-15s also came up against Actua Soccer, winning 2-0 with Jake Cass and Derek Aning on target.

Doug - is this the same Clasford Stirling that had a tie up with Kingsbury Town and tried to use the club purely as a shop window for his own youngsters to the detriment of the club as a whole? Without wishing to undermine the otherwise excellent work that Stirling does at Broadwater United for the youngsters in that particular community, based on the evidence of his time at Kingsbury you would appear wise to avoid allowing him near Haringey Borough.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
in that particular community

Football Man - What do you actually mean by the above comment

Originally Posted By: Doug
FM sorry but I cannot possibly comment. It may be used against me by a certain individual.

Fair point. Mind you, it shows how certain individuals can be easily influenced by what they read without any real knowledge of a subject. I suppose it's the same as thinking that certain coaching staff are worldbeaters when, in fact, they are at a step six non-league club for a reason.

I suppose it's the same as thinking that certain coaching staff are worldbeaters when, in fact, they are at a step six non-league club for a reason.

I see that the Nigeria job became vacant yesterday!!!!!

Yes that's right, 'the great one's' application is in the post and I could be spot on with my prediction that he will be in control of the Super Eagles for the 2010 World Cup

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Football Man - What do you actually mean by the above comment

Football Man - I'm still waiting for an answer, you don't want a surprise knock on your door from Winston Silcott do you

Doug - is this the same Clasford Stirling that had a tie up with Kingsbury Town and tried to use the club purely as a shop window for his own youngsters to the detriment of the club as a whole? Without wishing to undermine the otherwise excellent work that Stirling does at Broadwater United for the youngsters in that particular community, based on the evidence of his time at Kingsbury you would appear wise to avoid allowing him near Haringey Borough

Football Man - Further to your disturbing post above, which you still haven't accounted for, you are missing the point completely. Haringey Borough are a Community Club as opposed to 'our' illustrious neighbours, who are a business, and Community issues are just ticks in boxes to them as well as nice funding opportunities. 'Sugar' should be totally and utterly ashamed of himself for not wanting to work hand in hand with Broadwater Farm United and obviously the great and the good all over Haringey have been reliably informed of this with the e-mail cc'd to Sir Trevor Brooking and Lord Triesman at the FA for their information.

• 1 month later...