Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Westfield F.C. v Guernsey F.C. Tuesday 20th September 7.30pm

Smudge

I suppose henry in the next month or so us, Bedfont and Feltham will all know if were all in the same boat as everyone else!!

I agree. I don't think they're unbeatable though. They only beat Spelthorne 1-0 Saturday and obviously if they run into yourselves, or Bedfont with the side they had Saturday it COULD be a different story

I Like Trebor,normally on the money.I could watch Ryan Zico Black all day,everyday play Football.A class act,silky skills,great reader of a game,add in the workrate,aggression,and his ability that is lacking in all bar the top level of Football,to have a little push here,a little tug there,a little fall here,a bit of timewasting here.Plus his ability to be on the Refs case,in key moments of a game,in a nice way,if you know what I mean,a CLASS ACT.

Was at the game last night.Very strange 5-0 game and Westfield were excellent 1 St half & if they had scored this could have been a 40 page thread. Suprised no one has mentioned that Panter was injured as he makes Westfield tick just like Allen does for Guernsey.

Interestingly heard last night that Knaphill have been using their lights when they shouldn't be. They can only be used October till April hence last nights game being rescheduled.chuckling at the banter on here today

I Like Trebor,normally on the money.I could watch Ryan Zico Black all day,everyday play Football.A class act,silky skills,great reader of a game,add in the workrate,aggression,and his ability that is lacking in all bar the top level of Football,to have a little push here,a little tug there,a little fall here,a bit of timewasting here.Plus his ability to be on the Refs case,in key moments of a game,in a nice way,if you know what I mean,a CLASS ACT.

Zico Black as well as a number of other Guernsey players are a class act, i have heard there were a number of scouts at the game last night, can anyone confirm this or is it possible too as i doubt they stand there with a large sign saying "SCOUT" ?

Guernsey are too much they would defonhad players missing due to travelling their keeper tardiff etc,give them a decent surface and they will play sorry but did people really believe Westfield will beat them?

I didn't Gilesy...Lammas, Bedfont Sports and Feltham are the only teams who will have a chance of beating them...own there on patch of course

No disrespect Guv but this comment made me chuckle. Even we beat you and that is saying something as we are pony!! If you do win beat them i'll hold my hand up and applauld but i think your in dream land with that comment.

agree mate LOL,

feltham are as ive already stated with westfield not a top three side though have started reasonably well, this is a fact as long as i can remember theyve been relegation fodder they may be revitalised by the return of guv in some capacity but at the end of the season results never lie!! a few are getting a little ahead of themselves me thinks wait till dec then you can start getting a lil bit excited

feltham are as ive already stated with westfield not a top three side though have started reasonably well, this is a fact as long as i can remember theyve been relegation fodder they may be revitalised by the return of guv in some capacity but at the end of the season results never lie!! a few are getting a little ahead of themselves me thinks wait till dec then you can start getting a lil bit excited

You trying to smoke me out... :D ....

My missus is going mental,now the last thing you want Guv is her on your case.But speaking of Wives,I met a lovely young lady yesterday at WESTFIELD,who posts on here as THE WIFE.NOW IF SHE WAS MY WIFE i would not be posting on here at 02.16am,I would be in bed a long time ago,may even give up football for good,nice meeting you.

It was nice to put a face to the name, shame u didn't stay and have a drink. See you next time. and John says 'hello'

Guv never mate but it is a fact !!!! Hope you prove people wrong !! Westfield beat you which usually means in the form book guernsey are going to smash you if i was a fearing man id think it about us as westfield beat us to !!!! I care nothing of any oppo each game team is different you start with a point fecking work hard to keep it an you may jus nick another two

I think it is fair to say that Guernsey were well worth their win last night but although the score line doesn’t suggest it, I was pleased that we showed that we had a bit about us last night.

We didn’t take our chances but at least we made a few and defended poorly at times, but I think that could be down to the quality that we faced. Someone on here mentioned that we did well individually but didn’t play as a team, and that is something that I mentioned in the changing room after the game. We do have a lot of new faces this term, on and off the pitch and we’re playing in a different way than we have done in previous seasons. This could be why we are struggling at times to click, but we have done at other times this season so hopefully in time this will become a more regular occurrence. I also think that the way Guernsey played pulled us about the park at times which does make it hard to work together when you do get the ball back.

It was the 1st time I have seen Guernsey and without wanting to blow smoke up their rears I can safely say that we won’t be playing against sides of their quality every week and I am thankful of that. It’s not only the fact that their technical ability is decent, but they are sharp, and their awareness and professionalism is equally as good as their footballing ability. If you are not switched on for 90 minutes plus, then they will make you pay for it and have the quality to do so at ease.

We have a very young side and whilst we worked hard last night, we were possibly a little naïve at times and possibly a little bit too nice. It is something that we can hopefully improve on as we play together more and gain experience from games like last night.

They have a number of players playing for them who are at this stage cheating, as they too good and playing at a level well below them. Of course we cannot moan about this as if things progress as they plan the squad will progress up the leagues together and they will eventually all be playing at their level, but in the mean time I think that they will continue to prove too good for most sides.

At the end of the day we got the same result last night as most sides will this season, no points! It will be very interesting to see how they get on against the sides that are mentioned on the forum as potential threats, as I believe that until you face them you won’t realise how good they are. I believe that any side that beat them will have to play particularly well and if you do then fair play to you as you deserve the 3 points if you get them.

Away from the football it was a good evening for the club last night with everything seeming to run smoothly in our new facilities and much needed pennies taken on the gate and over the bar.

Thank you for all that supported and I hope all that visited our place enjoyed their evening.

Apologies, i was going by the GFC updates on Facebook as wasnt at the game and could have sworn that Steve posted they had a player sent off for 2 yellows; it's probably my eyesight but going to go check again now!

Steve Dewsnip

‎2nd yellow card Westfield no 11 after blatant trip on Isabelle 2 mins into injury time

Like· ·Follow Post· 19 hours ago

One of my friends misread that as a sending off and updated his status to say so and when i saw it i just assumed he was right but now i can see where the misunderstanding came from.

Edited by Trebor

Thanks to all of you who have posted positive comments about us

Couldn't say anything other than positive things about the team, the officials, or the the supporters. It was an excellent evening for the club, if not the team, and Guernsey obviously played a massive part in that. I cannot see why there is animosity towards Guernsey of any sort as they bring much needed money to the clubs and the opportunity for players, who have not played higher or against AFC Dons, to play in front of a decent crowd... And a streaker!

Very interesting to read everyones comments some are just waffle but the real winners are Westfield FC as they conducted themselves both on and off the pitch with great credit.The new management team are only at an early stage of getting together a squad that hopefully will get them back to the Premier division from where they were probably wrongly relegated a few years ago . All the hype regarding Guernsey should be used to every clubs advantage just as Westfield did last night great crowd great night out.Jealousy will get you knowhere .I think that Guernsey should be applauded as the people whom i spoke to did their club proud as they realise they are a standard or two above CCL 1 but accept this is a means to an end but are not gloating over the fact they are having an easy ride.Only time will tell how far they can go but i wish them well just remember AFC Wimbledon started here.