Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 12th January - Fixtures, Results

Saturday 12th January

PREMIER DIVISION

0-4 Leverstock Green v Hanwell Town

B.Healey Hatrick and R.Pither got one.

We should have won at least 0 8.

Enjoyed my first ever visit to Leverstock Green FC.

Buzzing! Very wet and soggy pitch today at home, nonetheless a fully deserved and hard fought win today. We started off very brightly, getting into tackles sharp and winning most of the ball, played some good football. Went in 2-0 up after a well worked first goal and a mistake from the St Margs centre half. Penalty in 2nd half put the result beyond doubt. Felt I played well today, I thought we all put in a good performance. Only downside to today is we had a sending off and 5 booked, and seeing the results of London Tigers and Hillingdon Borough etc. How on earth St Margs are up the top is beyond me, they rarely threatened the goal, despite having a majority of the ball. The St Margs players and management in my opinion should really take a long look at themselves, at times the manner they contested decisions etc was appaling in my eyes. Bring on Tigers on Tuesday!

a very good win for Hanwell considering Levy held a strong Aylesbury side to 0-0 last week!

I know. They had a lot of young players playing for Leverstock Green today.

Also mentioned Kevin Gallens name to a few people on there committee got a few grumbling comments back.

How on earth St Margs are up the top is beyond me, they rarely threatened the goal, despite having a majority of the ball. The St Margs players and management in my opinion should really take a long look at themselves, at times the manner they contested decisions etc was appaling in my eyes. Bring on Tigers on Tuesday!

Dosent sound like St Margretsbury maybe they are just bad losers.

Nice set up at lev green, spent.many a time watching games up there.

Yes i bet on a sunny day its a very nice place to watch a game of football.

Edited by Savagebee

From NLM.......

Welwyn Garden City 1-1 Hoddesdon Town

Spartan South Midlands 1st Division

The pitch wasn't in a particularly great state here, but it was at least playable. Plenty of mud around. Welwyn have a large clubhouse on entering the ground, together with two small areas of cover. One on the nearside is seated, the other smaller one looks like standing.

Hoddesdon won the reverse fixture 8-1 earlier in the season, but a repeat of that never looked on the cards here. They did shade the early parts of the match, and were worth a 1-0 lead going into the 44th minute. The key incident in the game saw the Welwyn #9 brought down in the box. Penalty and red card (I don't think there was too much debate about that one). The problem appears to be it was the wrong player sent off. Anyway the penalty converted to make it 1-1.

After the break Hoddeson brought on a defender for an attacker and Welwyn failed to make their advantage pay. A few chances at both ends, but both sides lacking the means to make them count. Fair result overall.

Buzzing! Very wet and soggy pitch today at home, nonetheless a fully deserved and hard fought win today. We started off very brightly, getting into tackles sharp and winning most of the ball, played some good football. Went in 2-0 up after a well worked first goal and a mistake from the St Margs centre half. Penalty in 2nd half put the result beyond doubt. Felt I played well today, I thought we all put in a good performance. Only downside to today is we had a sending off and 5 booked, and seeing the results of London Tigers and Hillingdon Borough etc. How on earth St Margs are up the top is beyond me, they rarely threatened the goal, despite having a majority of the ball. The St Margs players and management in my opinion should really take a long look at themselves, at times the manner they contested decisions etc was appaling in my eyes. Bring on Tigers on Tuesday!

Kerching!

Welwyn Garden City 1-1 Hoddesdon Town

Spartan South Midlands 1st Division

The key incident in the game saw the Welwyn #9 brought down in the box. Penalty and red card (I don't think there was too much debate about that one). The problem appears to be it was the wrong player sent off. Anyway the penalty converted to make it 1-1.

Good job Hoddesdon Town were videoing the game so this incident should be cleared up on appeal.

Holmer green 3-0 st margaretsbury??? ...

Whats happened there? Kick and run football finally got found out?

And good result for London tigers!! ...

There grrrrrrrrrrrreat!!

Kick and run??

You're worst than an Assessor.

Standing behind me for the whole of the first half.

What was his verdict on you out of interest, I assume you had a de-briefing after the game

You're worst than an Assessor.

Standing behind me for the whole of the first half.

Actually. you were standing in front of me.....and if the teams had kicked off the other way round you would have been standing in front of me in the second half - whenever possible left side edge of 18yd box has been my favoured position to watch a game for the last 10yrs

Hope that clears it up for you :P

can't believe you bit!! Lol