Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Easter Monday & Midweek Matches

Massive game for Molesey on Wednesday with the Cambo machine moving on and on

May even go to it if the weather is nice

Here is the match report from our defeat at Horley Town

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN151.html

If you are a Horley supporter, don't bother reading this as you obviously wouldn't appreciate / understand it. Carthorse's comments sum it up by saying that they dominated the first half. There was one shot at goal in the entire forty five minutes. Clearly you really are starved of success down there. And you say I am biased!

People here will know that my reports are pretty fair and critical of our own players when they haven't played well, but remember that they are written for the benefit of Epsom readers so will refer to the fact that we were missing certain players. If you don't like it, try writing a match report for your own site from time to time.

It was a nasty game with both sides trying to take the law into their own hands and some really weak officiating which didn't help. That said, we didn't do nearly enough to win the game and they took their chance, one of very few sights on goal either team had as neither keeper had a lot to do at all.

Based on the commitment and a good performance from their centre half Pullen then assuming he stays fit (he limped off near the end) then Horley will stay up this season, but if they genuinely believe that theirs was a great performance as their club twitter site advised, then clearly the bar must open very early in Horley.

I would however like to congratulate them on their win which improves their home record against us to W2 D1 L12 :P

I always enjoy reading our opponents match reports on our games as they tend to be via their own rose tinted glasses of which I would expect and certainly do not have a problem with.  This weekend I enjoyed both Guildford City and Badshot Lea Match Report.

Guildfords was very much rose tinted towards their point of view :)

Badshot Lea was decent as well and tried to see it both ways which was good.

My favourites will always remain Epsom and Colliers Wood :)

Wish we had someone to do one for us :)

I was one of the several spectators at the Camberley vs Badshot Lea game yesterday and it was an enjoyable match to watch, albeit not the highest quality, but that was expected from a cagey affair.

Camberley work so hard as a team and it's that mentality that stops other teams from playing their normal game. Badshot Lea weren't allowed any time on the ball which frustrated some of their technically better players as they didn't have any time to pick out a pass. Camberley took the lead through a free kick from Dean Greenwood which evaded everyone and went in at the back post. Brad Smith wheeled away to claim it as all strikers would do, but from where I was (directly in line with the ball) there didn't look like there was any touch. 

The second half Badshot had more of the ball but couldn't seem to provide any real chance as Camberley defended well. Brad Smith got sent off for what appeared to be a stamp on Zac Hawker, but after this Badshot rarely threatened. Camberley sealed victory in what must have been the 12th minute of added on time through Perry Coles, who was the best player on the park by a mile and thoroughly deserved his goal.

Hard to look past Camberley now for the title.. 

I always enjoy reading our opponents match reports on our games as they tend to be via their own rose tinted glasses of which I would expect and certainly do not have a problem with.  This weekend I enjoyed both Guildford City and Badshot Lea Match Report.

Guildfords was very much rose tinted towards their point of view :)

Badshot Lea was decent as well and tried to see it both ways which was good.

My favourites will always remain Epsom and Colliers Wood :)

Wish we had someone to do one for us :)

I love Carthorse's match reports personally,they always cheer me up.His highlight this week,fans all round the ground cheering,what all 60 of them? Ear plugs must of been needed.

There weren't any at my end Smudge!

The crowd was a decent one but I think a lot was passing trade looking for a second match and some of the Guernsey officials were there too en route to Redhill in the afternoon.

I was one of the several spectators at the Camberley vs Badshot Lea game yesterday and it was an enjoyable match to watch, albeit not the highest quality, but that was expected from a cagey affair.

Camberley work so hard as a team and it's that mentality that stops other teams from playing their normal game. Badshot Lea weren't allowed any time on the ball which frustrated some of their technically better players as they didn't have any time to pick out a pass. Camberley took the lead through a free kick from Dean Greenwood which evaded everyone and went in at the back post. Brad Smith wheeled away to claim it as all strikers would do, but from where I was (directly in line with the ball) there didn't look like there was any touch. 

The second half Badshot had more of the ball but couldn't seem to provide any real chance as Camberley defended well. Brad Smith got sent off for what appeared to be a stamp on Zac Hawker, but after this Badshot rarely threatened. Camberley sealed victory in what must have been the 12th minute of added on time through Perry Coles, who was the best player on the park by a mile and thoroughly deserved his goal.

Hard to look past Camberley now for the title.. 

Fairly decent account although I am struggling to enjoy the games at the moment.  I probably enjoyed the last 30 seconds after we got the 2nd !!!

Here is the match report from our defeat at Horley Town

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN151.html

If you are a Horley supporter, don't bother reading this as you obviously wouldn't appreciate / understand it. Carthorse's comments sum it up by saying that they dominated the first half. There was one shot at goal in the entire forty five minutes. Clearly you really are starved of success down there. And you say I am biased!

People here will know that my reports are pretty fair and critical of our own players when they haven't played well, but remember that they are written for the benefit of Epsom readers so will refer to the fact that we were missing certain players. If you don't like it, try writing a match report for your own site from time to time.

It was a nasty game with both sides trying to take the law into their own hands and some really weak officiating which didn't help. That said, we didn't do nearly enough to win the game and they took their chance, one of very few sights on goal either team had as neither keeper had a lot to do at all.

Based on the commitment and a good performance from their centre half Pullen then assuming he stays fit (he limped off near the end) then Horley will stay up this season, but if they genuinely believe that theirs was a great performance as their club twitter site advised, then clearly the bar must open very early in Horley.

I would however like to congratulate them on their win which improves their home record against us to W2 D1 L12 :P

Love it, so if my report are for our supporters I get told I am biased of course I am I support Horley, but yours are not love the way you see our player do the foul that had him sent of but you fail to see your player kick Ashley of the ball and off the pitch for his sending off :D

For a side at the bottom not a bad record against you this season Won one & draw one! :P

I love Carthorse's match reports personally,they always cheer me up.His highlight this week,fans all round the ground cheering,what all 60 of them? Ear plugs must of been needed.

It must have been the air horns etc going of for us when we scored :o

Horley fans always move around a lot keeps us fit ^_^

Love it, so if my report are for our supporters I get told I am biased of course I am I support Horley, but yours are not love the way you see our player do the foul that had him sent of but you fail to see your player kick Ashley of the ball and off the pitch for his sending off :D

For a side at the bottom not a bad record against you this season Won one & draw one! :P

I didn't have a good view of our sending off, you are correct. I can't be everywhere and being at the far end of the ground I reported my view. It looked to me as though your player ran across ours and tried to delay the throw on. Presumably that is exactly why he got the yellow card. You conveniently forget that. Your one was somewhat more blatant and right in the middle of the pitch so was easier to see, even for that referee.

Well done for your record against us this season. It is about time you actually did achieve something against us, bearing in mind your overall record against us of W3 D4 L19 from our 26 matches. Unfortunately, despite our help, you are still hanging by a thread so I wouldn't get too smug just yet as four points don't keep you up.

I called your report wrong as it referred to a domination by one side over the other which was patently not the case, even for (I thought) the most one eyed of Horley supporters. I said you were just the better side. That was the case. Not really sure what else I am supposed to put down, yet I am accused by you on twitter if you are Spence, which I believe you are, of being blind. Pot and kettle spring to mind but at last I am producing a report. You can hide in your little group and continue to do nothing.

I would finish by saying that any club that produces a report gets their airtime on our site within our reports section as did your Youtube output a few years back. This is done for balance purposes, you note, in case of criticism by deluded supporters. If a report emanates from your site then it will find a place on ours, although I'm not holding my breath, seeing as there hasn't been one since August!

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. We'll move on and look forward to another season in the Premier Division while you still have some work to do. We'll probably see you next year (unless they move you to the Sussex League) but not necessarily.

Both to CCL would be my guess,but it will be of course at the FA's discretion.Interestingly think there could be a lot of sideways moves done by the FA at step 5 level as well.

If they are both to the CCL then it looks like our League's relegation battle might actually mean something after all as we may well lose three teams. On a personal note and to save on the fixture backlogs our teams get these days I'd like to see our League take the opportunity to drop size to 20 teams in line with Sussex and Kent but we'll see whether that happens if suggeseted at the AGM I suppose.

My thoughts are that NGU would go to the Spartan South Midlands, but a CCL place for AFC Hayes is more likely. We played them four times there in two seasons but haven't been back since 2005/06 so it will make a nice change. 

If they did both come to us, then it seems even more likely that Horley will switch with Dorking Wanderers next season as the footprint of the league moves northwards. You only have to look at the maps for the Sussex area to see that it is an anomaly that requires amendment and would benefit both of those teams especially with the M23 being a faster road than the A24.

Is that all you've got?

Pointless and personal, what dazzling insight you provide, nosher.

What exactly do you do for your club? Oh you won't tell us because you hide behind an assumed name.

Bugger all I'd imagine, but you just sit there and snipe at others misfortune. We don't have a council that will give us a ground like some other more fortunate clubs. Carthorse accused our report of being biased but provided a biased viewpoint himself. It has nothing to do with you so mind your own.

If indeed you have any.

Local council elections are due next month, along with the General Election, so now is everyones chance to vote for Councillors that ARE generally interested in local football rather than just winge about their local authority..

It worked in the Mole Valley district, eventually !!

Edited by Big J R

Is that all you've got?

Pointless and personal, what dazzling insight you provide, nosher.

What exactly do you do for your club? Oh you won't tell us because you hide behind an assumed name.

Bugger all I'd imagine, but you just sit there and snipe at others misfortune. We don't have a council that will give us a ground like some other more fortunate clubs. Carthorse accused our report of being biased but provided a biased viewpoint himself. It has nothing to do with you so mind your own.

If indeed you have any.

All I would like to say rich is firstly Epsom are lucky to have people like you on board that put lots of time and effort in for free.

But it's most annoying when the so called under dog wins and it's always because the favourite played badly. You had won your last 6 games I believe, we needed the points and we did a great job to stop you from playing well, maybe look at it that way?? A little bit of credit??

I have a lot of friends at Epsom so this is not personal at all.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

All I would like to say rich is firstly Epsom are lucky to have people like you on board that put lots of time and effort in for free.

But it's most annoying when the so called under dog wins and it's always because the favourite played badly. You had won your last 6 games I believe, we needed the points and we did a great job to stop you from playing well, maybe look at it that way?? A little bit of credit??

I have a lot of friends at Epsom so this is not personal at all.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Thank you HTFC

I fully accept what you say although I made it clear in my report that you deserved the win. I thought your centre half Pullen did a good job on our main striker and you took the chance that came along. By no means were Horley dominant at any stage yet shaded possession over the ninety minutes. I believe they are all fair comments from yesterday's game and I thought I made them all in my report (from memory).

However, please bear in mind that my report is going to be written from an Epsom perspective, so our people want to know how we played and what sort of team we had out. We played well below what we had done recently and that was something I had to relate, while the referee was bullied throughout, but that was not a slight on your team's performance. If you look at my other reports you will see that if we deserved to get beaten I won't hide away from it. I try to be as honest as I can in my reports and have been moaned at occasionally by our previous Manager Lyndon in the past when he was in charge because I didn't give my own team enough credit!

to then get criticised by all and sundry from your club, including your Manager who is maybe a little paranoid, was very frustrating. It is a pity that so many of them showed so much passion yet if they put some of that into helping out at their club then with the facilities you have there, you would be at the higher end of the table. Maybe someone at the club who was so keen to criticise should step forward to write the match reports until the end of the season. Potential sponsors look at web sites. Indeed our kit sponsor got on board because he was impressed with the website so it is an area that your people could work on.

Football is an emotive sport and opinions will differ. That is one reason why I include all opposition club reports on our website where produced. I have massive respect for those who do the sort of things I do at my club, as I know how much effort it takes and will speak to these people for hours, sharing a similar interest. They love their sport but they also love their club too. To be moaned at by people whose only effort is walking a few steps towards their computer to spout random nonsense (see nosher) it is not surprising when many volunteers decide it is not worth the effort to carry on.

We move on and will almost certainly meet again next season. See you then!

Edited by E&E Rich