Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 28th February

Tuesday 28th February – Kick Off 7.45pm unless stated

DUDLEY LATHAM MEMORIAL (Premier Division) CUP Semi Final

Hoddesdon Town v Tring Athletic

PREMIER DIVISION

Holmer Green v Sun Sports

Leighton Town v Crawley Green

Leverstock Green v Oxhey Jets (Kick Off 7.30pm)

London Colney v Biggleswade United

London Tigers v Hertford Town (@ Hertford Town FC)

Wembley v FC Broxbourne Borough

DIVISION ONE

Baldock Town v Winslow United

Bedford v Hillingdon Borough

Biggleswade FC v Hadley Wood & Wingate

U25 DEVELOPMENT DIVISION

Buckingham Athletic Development v Hoddesdon Town Development (Kick Off 7.30pm)

Harpenden Town Development v Holmer Green Development

St Margaretsbury Development v Hadley Development

Postponements starting to come in....

Buckingham rezzies v Hoddy off

St mags rezzies v Hadley off

PREMIER DIVISION

P-P Holmer Green v Sun Sports

P-P Leighton Town v Crawley Green

U25 DEVELOPMENT DIVISION

P-P Buckingham Athletic Development v Hoddesdon Town Development

P-P St Margaretsbury Development v Hadley Development

Leverstock Green v Oxhey Jets (Kick Off 7.30pm)

OFF!

Tuesday 28th February

DUDLEY LATHAM MEMORIAL (Premier Division) CUP Semi Final

6-3 Hoddesdon Town v Tring Athletic

PREMIER DIVISION

P-P Holmer Green v Sun Sports

P-P Leighton Town v Crawley Green

P-P Leverstock Green v Oxhey Jets 

1-1 London Colney v Biggleswade United

2-3 London Tigers v Hertford Town (@ Hertford Town FC)

6-0 Wembley v FC Broxbourne Borough

DIVISION ONE

6-0 Baldock Town v Winslow United

4-2 Bedford v Hillingdon Borough

7-1 Biggleswade FC v Hadley Wood & Wingate

U25 DEVELOPMENT DIVISION

P-P Buckingham Athletic Development v Hoddesdon Town Development 

5-1 Harpenden Town Development v Holmer Green Development

P-P St Margaretsbury Development v Hadley Development

Cheers NF. Not quite up to Hertford standards but it was something.

All this bloody technology.

We won't even need to go to games soon.

That being said, these spangly highlights could come in handy. As I couldn't get to a game last night :(

Shame, because the scoreline at Hoddesdon suggests a fair bit of excitement.

A big win for Hertford with London Colney dropping points.

And I keep saying it every week in the hope that it'll change things, but...

Broxbourne are really really really doomed now.

I think the only people benefitting from having an under 25 development league are the SSMFL themselves....

I think the only people benefitting from having an under 25 development league are the SSMFL themselves....

If reports from the recent U25 Development League meeting are true you won't have to worry about it next season Jonno

How on earth some of the players in the under 25 development league get away with not paying to play football on a Saturday astounds me.

Some of the 'development teams' close to me are actually fielding players who couldn't get a start with their mates on a Saturday in a pub side!

The first team vs. 'reserve team' games we used to have at Hoddesdon a few years ago were brilliant. Really competitive and quite often resulted in the first team manager having 22 + players, all of which were very good players, to chose from for the weekend.

I have seen the Hertford development team a couple of times this year, and they have some good players, but not sure how many will progress at Hertford, especially if they get promoted. Their best youngster I Charlie Ruff and he isn't even in their development side, as he chose to get first team football at Brox!

Hoddesdon have used a couple of youngsters in from the development side recently I believe. They had a young centre half step up the other night and he didn't do himself a disservice.

All in all, I am not a fan of the development league as it is structured. They better youngsters should go and play for a Ryman/Southern League development side and then go to a spartan league club if/when they are not able to get first team football.

If reports from the recent U25 Development League meeting are true you won't have to worry about it next season Jonno

Interesting as we asked for the topic of the reinstatement of reserve divisions to be raised at all divisional meetings...it wasn't.

So does this mean that clubs that were forced to move their reserves sides away from the SSMFL will have a route back in?

I was at that meeting Karen and didn't hear anything from either the clubs or the league officials that suggest what you have said above.

The U25 Development Division is here to stay - I was talking about the number of clubs that are thinking of leaving as expressed at the meeting

AT Levy we have put the U18 players into the first team squad with some great results. It stretches them. If players at 19 or 20 cannot get into the SSML first teams then they are not enough to play at this stand of football.

AT Levy we have put the U18 players into the first team squad with some great results. It stretches them. If players at 19 or 20 cannot get into the SSML first teams then they are not good enough to play at this standard of football.

Agreed. I'm not sure what the U25 Development League Is actually designed to do.

Archived