Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ramsgate v Urchins Updates

Serious Sid

I feel for you ladies and gents who went to Southwood tonight. But just as Ian Sanderson said earlier, this kind of thing can happen at any ground.

I was at a national cricket league match about four years ago at Hove between Sussex and Hants I think it was, and the floodlights went out on that one too. It's very annoying, but just one of those things.

Well am I glad I bothered to go tonite........not!!!! I believe it is a Jim Ward conspiracy trick as you Urchins were starting to get the upper hand. He probably got a little oik to go and pi$$ in the substation to fuse the lights grin

I told Uncs no way could game be restarted as would finish after 10 and half the Ramsgate team would be in breach of their ASBO's wink

Of course it suits Ramsgate as their star player Olly Shultz was out tonite and his brother Warren.

UM was trying to get the singing going helped by a few Margate lads.

Originally Posted By: Ian_Sanderson
Seems it was a power failure, rather than a floodlight problem.

Strange all the lights were on in the houses as I walked away from the ground Ian grin

Taken from Margate Forum, posted by one of there followers

There were some flood lights left on aswell it was a sub station fuse.

Therefore only the properties linked to that line would have gone out, a bit like the Hartsdown floodlights going out at the end of a reserve game earlier this year and the surrounding houses still lit up. unfortunatley my house also went black and I live about 1/2 a mile away from Margates pitch.

For your info as you NEVER attend a match, the whole of Hartsdown Park went out not just 2 Floodlights and was only 5 mins from end of the game. As Uncs said everywhere else was lit up like Oxford Street surrounding the ground,most strange I think.

Originally Posted By: Ian_Sanderson
funny how you never posted this on the Margate forum Alan, and who said i wasnt there to see a chain smoking man with hair like Leo Sayer

I replied to you on here as you posted on here D**khead! Can't wait until you get a reply from Uncs tho grin