Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

siteNew Players

OldTowner

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Chopper
Another 2 new players, that must take the players used by jc this season to about 56 so far!!!! shocking i must say.

38 in first team games so far this season, 36 in the league alone, in only 24 games!!

Yes he has used 38 players tis season - he used 36 players last season and the rule of thumb is about 38 per season....

If he didn't bring in new players people would be complaining. Reading this forum as i do there are wide discrepancies about players. Georgiou and Magona are prime examples. People will never agree about footballers and thats the fun. Bloody hell - you should have heard the falling out between me and FJ about Martin Duffield and Nigel Keen. (Duffield was complete crap and Nigel Keen was an excellent player - wait for it)

I have no problem with the critisim of tactics and change of formation etc but no one will ever agree about who should be in thw side !

Anyway 38 is not high

Bloody hell - you should have heard the falling out between me and FJ about Martin Duffield and Nigel Keen. (Duffield was complete crap and Nigel Keen was an excellent player - wait for it)

mad angry angry angry angry

And Kipper Kane was a football genius!

Originally Posted By: Father Jack

Bloody hell - you should have heard the falling out between me and FJ about Martin Duffield and Nigel Keen. (Duffield was complete crap and Nigel Keen was an excellent player - wait for it)

mad angry angry angry angry

And Kipper Kane was a football genius!

Touche mon brave...

Originally Posted By: Jim Cunneen
Georgiou and Magona are prime examples. People will never agree about footballers and thats the fun.

You are right that it allows for good discussion.

However, it is pretty straight forward in my book, Georgiou is very average, whilst Magona in my opinion is now a cultured defensive midfielder!! Even seen him spraying the ball around like a genius in a couple of games. Has his average games, but who doesn't grin

He made his debut in our 6-1 drubbing from Dartford, and has been in the side ever since. You can see why most people want Charlie back - 1st impressions and all that. A clean sheet in that game and peoples' opinions of him may have been different.

Personally, I think they are both decent keepers and there isn't much between them.

Considering the importance of the Dartford game he should not have been handed that one as a debut. I hear that the managment feel Charlie does not dominate the bax enough and maarshall the defence. However, in the MSC tie recently he clearly was working on this aspect. Andre has dropped the ball on too many occassions recently. there's not much to chose between them but I feel Chalrie is margianlly the better keeper.

Totally right MH. He should not have been brought in for a game of that importance.

Glad to hear CH working on that aspect of his game. I can't decide who I prefer to be honest. Like you said, Charlie doesn't seem to command the defence like you would expect of a keeper (JJ-esque), but at the same time, yes AF isn't filling me with masses of confidence collecting high balls and crosses under pressure at the moment(something Hasler I feel has the upper hand on), like you would expect for a man of his height. AF's kicking is better I feel.

Andre maybe brings that little bit more experience at present.

Quote:
whilst Magona in my opinion is now a cultured defensive midfielder!! Even seen him spraying the ball around like a genius in a couple of games. Has his average games, but who doesn't

Apart from maybe Steph, i doubt anyone else would agree with that opinion.

100% committment - Yes

Great character in the dressing room -Yes

Good Squad utility player - Yes.

Cultured - No

Sprays the ball like a genius - No

Should be a regular start in any defensive or midfield position -No.And i'm sure most fellow fans are of the same opinion.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Quote:
whilst Magona in my opinion is now a cultured defensive midfielder!! Even seen him spraying the ball around like a genius in a couple of games. Has his average games, but who doesn't

Apart from maybe Steph, i doubt anyone else would agree with that opinion.

100% committment - Yes
Great character in the dressing room -Yes
Good Squad utility player - Yes.

Cultured - No
Sprays the ball like a genius - No
Should be a regular start in any defensive or midfield position -No.And i'm sure most fellow fans are of the same opinion.

Absoloute perfect summary LS,

CULTURED?? If Steve Magona is cultured what is Steve Valandia?