Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Anybody on here standing for the MYFC Board ?

Yorkfox

I know there are quite a few of the regular fans on here who are members of MYFC.

Are any of you going to stand for the MYFC Board ? Any member is able to stand.

Between 3 to 11 seats will be available, this will be decided by a vote which ends next Tuesday. This is also the clsoing day for people to declare themselves a candidate.

I think the board would be a healthier board with a few regulars on it.

As I have said elsewhere...

Whilst I can see that some would think that having a Fleet regular on the board would be a good thing and whilst I applaud all of those who apply for the position (from home or away). If the board is going to be as toothless as has been talked about elsewhere, what's the point?

I'd also be worried about becoming the poster boy for myfc propaganda like all this unanimous support from the board or Supporters Trust rubbish that is spouted out every time they want to press a point.

The idea of having to explain all their decisions on here isn't the most appealing of things to me either.

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
I know there are quite a few of the regular fans on here who are members of MYFC.

Are any of you going to stand for the MYFC Board ? Any member is able to stand.

Between 3 to 11 seats will be available, this will be decided by a vote which ends next Tuesday. This is also the clsoing day for people to declare themselves a candidate.

I think the board would be a healthier board with a few regulars on it.

I have decided to stand for the post of Chairman of the Trust Board and in keeping with Mr Brooks and his colleagues in the legal and accountancy world I shall require due recompense in a full financial package that will include

an office in harrods georgian restaurant
100k per annum plus expenses
a company executive car
seats at all stadia free of charge for my family
12.5% of all moonie income for my admin staff
a total free hand to do as I like

here is my new PA who will enhance the boardroom at Ebbs and serve the champagne, she is rather good at that. (and other things also it would appear)

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/12458.jpg

I trust therefore that you will all support my application and I shall endeavour to look after all of your needs as true supporters of our club.

Seems at least two persons on here is standing.

It is important that the role of the society board is clearly understood.

It is not a decision making position so to speak.

The most important aspect of it is to see to that the memberships decisions is implemented and carried out by the club.

Therfore,where candidates stand on issues like teamselection is virtually unimportant in this context.

I do not know if the two people who is standing that are long term regulars on here has fully understood this.

I thinking about it.

One of us has to I think.

I need to do some research on it first.

However, as Chris said, it could be a bit of a lame duck board and I certainly would not want any Fleet fan to simply be a MyFC mouthpiece.

Will a member of the Fleet Trust be on the board or would this be a conflict of interest?

I'm not shy. I put my name forward. I am not going to do a Clinton -esque vote for me campaign. I have just submitted it through the requested source. I did this to represent board at local level and try and keep/maintain some reality. Recently, with the announcement of the Nike kits the emphasis has moved away from the club and moved more to people expressing their political views which is wrong. If I am successful I will work for the good of the club and is I am unsuccessful, well at least I gave it a go.

Problem is that it's a bit hypocritical as I really don't agree with the whole MyFC concept.

It is absolutely vital that one of us is on there though. Just to keep all of the madness in check.

Also, could I really be morally happy implementing decisions that I think are madness?

Off work today so have the time to concentrate on it properly for once.