Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Anybody on here standing for the MYFC Board ?

Yorkfox

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
That should get "The Herd" voting for you! grinarse

If the Arsenal firm were voting , might get a better result.

Actually, it was a play on his signature, otherwise I would have said mob! laugh

If the mob are voting , my moneys on Capello as next manager.

I'm considering standing and will make a decision over the weekend.. My concern is that MyFC members will just vote for their mates.

I am just a football supporter, yes the Gills is my first club but I have seen the fleet about 50 times. Not so easy now I live in Durham.

I have worked in the media and marketing in Kent and am now a sales project manager. I'm commonly called a do'er and the voice of reason as I'm not afraid to put my head above the parapet even if they dont want to hear it

If I stand I would do everything I could for the good of the Fleet as a club but this may or may not be the same as best for MyFC so a balance may need to be struck on some occasions.

I dont know how many MyFC memebers use this board but based on the above do you think I should stand,, your views would be helpful.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

I have decided to stand for the post of Chairman of the Trust Board and in keeping with Mr Brooks and his colleagues in the legal and accountancy world I shall require due recompense in a full financial package that will include

I recently did a forum search on "Brooks" looking for a particular post. I was really surprised to find that the vast majority of posts with his name in were from UU, as I had the impression a lot of others had been posting about him. Here's what I think is a representative sample:

--------------
"so all of the members money is being used to pay off/cover the losses/enhance the brooks empire "
--------------
"your football club may well be better off shorterm with the braindeads dosh but it still loses its soul thats for sure...chairman brooks and his family will own it before the year is up..."
--------------
"the brooks family sporting empire therefore continues to flourish.. all paid for by the dedicated glazed eyed moonies..."
--------------
"there is no doubt that brooks and co have worked this all out to suit themselves and that in itself almost certainly guarantees a stable future as long as the mugs keep paying up.."
--------------
"I'll guarantee that control will lie with brooks and his cronies...didn't take long for it all to turn autocratic did it...!!"
--------------

I admire the clever wording that (I think) removes the potential for a libel case.

Now this is just a hunch, UU, but are you trying to tell us something?

Originally Posted By: Jeff
I think that you are posting this on the wrong website.

Personally, as you have said that you are a Gills fan, I wouldn't bother.

Yes I am a Gills fan but I am ALSO a Fleet fan and have been for 10 years, I also watch Durham most weeks. You can enjoy more than one club at a time

I hope I am wrong, but I am inclined to agree with UU.

If Myfc buy 70% then there option of 100% of Ebbsfleet shares, yet not one member holds a single share in Ebbsfleet , then who does Mr Brooks??? They maybe registered in the name of Myfc, but who controls them ?? not the members,because as I said before, in my opinion they cannot be a share holder as they have no physical share in there possession,or in there name,so who is in control of the physical shares owned by a business called Myfc. give you a clue its not the members as they have to buy it over and over and over again! if they still believe they are a owner, share holder? try selling your share !

Problem is that it's a bit hypocritical as I really don't agree with the whole MyFC concept.

It seems to me that's as good a reason to stand as any. It's crucial to have a 'sceptic' or two on the board, I think, especially given the way the first two votes have been formulated and presented.

Please could all users of this forum who actually put themselves forward to stand for election to the board:-

1. Reveal their real full names - not just their "names" on here, eg DA11.

2. Also post their manifesto/profile/pitch for the position which I assume all candidates will be required to submit to the MyFC voters, which will enable a wider constituency (ie local non-MyFC Fleet supporters) to be kept in touch with the process.

3. That the full list of candidates be posted on this forum asap after the expiry of the Tuesday deadline.

Thanks.

Hadn't thought of it like that Kenny.

Not sure I would get anywhere as I just pretty rip the pi$$ out of it every time I post on there.

For example, someone earlier posted saying that they wanted to sign the 41 year old Roberto Baggio to play for one match in oirder to generate publicity. I picked up the gun and locked on quickly. He got lynched for it. Which was nice.

Originally Posted By: kmj
Please could all users of this forum who actually put themselves forward to stand for election to the board:-

1. Reveal their real full names - not just their "names" on here, eg DA11.

2. Also post their manifesto/profile/pitch for the position which I assume all candidates will be required to submit to the MyFC voters, which will enable a wider constituency (ie local non-MyFC Fleet supporters) to be kept in touch with the process.

3. That the full list of candidates be posted on this forum asap after the expiry of the Tuesday deadline.

Thanks.

All here:

http://fleetwiki.bluebones.net/MyFC_IP_Society_Board_Elections

Might be worth singling out this URL and making it a sticky...?

Hadn't thought of it like that Kenny.

Not sure I would get anywhere as I just pretty rip the pi$$ out of it every time I post on there.

For example, someone earlier posted saying that they wanted to sign the 41 year old Roberto Baggio to play for one match in oirder to generate publicity. I picked up the gun and locked on quickly. He got lynched for it. Which was nice.

Yes, what a prat! I suggested digging up Stanley Matthews, which I thought was about as realistic.

You should stand Jeff, I think you'd be an excellent Board member, even if I don't agree with everything you post!

Originally Posted By: Digitalis
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

I have decided to stand for the post of Chairman of the Trust Board and in keeping with Mr Brooks and his colleagues in the legal and accountancy world I shall require due recompense in a full financial package that will include

I recently did a forum search on "Brooks" looking for a particular post. I was really surprised to find that the vast majority of posts with his name in were from UU, as I had the impression a lot of others had been posting about him. Here's what I think is a representative sample:

--------------
"so all of the members money is being used to pay off/cover the losses/enhance the brooks empire "
--------------
"your football club may well be better off shorterm with the braindeads dosh but it still loses its soul thats for sure...chairman brooks and his family will own it before the year is up..."
--------------
"the brooks family sporting empire therefore continues to flourish.. all paid for by the dedicated glazed eyed moonies..."
--------------
"there is no doubt that brooks and co have worked this all out to suit themselves and that in itself almost certainly guarantees a stable future as long as the mugs keep paying up.."
--------------
"I'll guarantee that control will lie with brooks and his cronies...didn't take long for it all to turn autocratic did it...!!"
--------------

I admire the clever wording that (I think) removes the potential for a libel case.

Now this is just a hunch, UU, but are you trying to tell us something?

vast majority...bit dramatic that digibox...there's only 5 of them... grin

Originally Posted By: David Holden
Originally Posted By: Lord Horn
chelseaspencer (who is a local and dedicated convert to the Fleet)

You couldn't make it up could you.

or even believe that its been typed out...

Originally Posted By: wanchai
I am not going to go into a lot of waffle about my commitment to MyFC and my promises to members (promises are made to be broken).