Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Anybody on here standing for the MYFC Board ?

Yorkfox

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

vast majority...bit dramatic that digibox...there's only 5 of them... grin

Oh come on, what sort of person would manipulate numbers to make things look worse than they are? Oh....right....

There were others but as somebody once said:
"I am not going to traipse back over zillions of posts ..." wink

Claudius. I think that I will be the judge of what I decide to do thank you very much.

Just to confirm that you didn't 'shoot me down' as I never actually declared I was standing. Other people saw I asked questions about it and took that to mean I was standing. They then put my name up in the list of candidates.

Why is it 'not for me to do'? Sure, I am not in complete agreement with how this will work but I have as much right as anybody else to go for a place on this board. I, like you, have paid my £35.

Actually Claudius, I have received numerous messages about reconsidering and standing for the board. A couple of them were pretty much pleading me to stand for the board.

Just thought I would dispell your myth.

Originally Posted By: Claudius
Don´t make Jeff stand yet again!
I had to shot him down first time,and it was not a fun thing to do.I think the he is a solid chap..but standing as candidate for the MyFC society board is not for Jeff to do.
IMHO.

why on earth not...he comes across as decent honest thoughtful chappie and cares for his club...good credentials in my book...

It would send him insane.

He actually cares about the club and it's supporters. He'd be able to get nothing done, have to tow the company line and be a lapdog example for them to say "Well, we have a long time Fleet fan on the board and he agrees with us" to every stupid decision made.

A bit like the current board's predicament

Originally Posted By: Jeff
Are you going to stand UU?
That would be hilarious.

ha ha ha...can you imagine.... devil but not really my game jeff..I never got involved in the running of Hx..just funded it all and then got the blame...such is my lot in life... grin

no...I can best help on here....my posts may well annoy a good few but they serve food for thought and thats important..many innacuracies have surfaced and many things have already been concealed and carried out undemocratically and I have a bone of contention with that...I don't care who makes money out of anything...good luck to them but don't try and hide rampant capitalism and profit seeking behind a fans provident society....

anyway its more fun on here... yay

Originally Posted By: Claudius

standing as candidate for the MyFC society board is not for Jeff to do.

Why not? Jeff has had a few, shall we say, outbursts wink with regards to MyFC.

Surely he's allowed to have them and furthermore is as entitled to stand as any other fee-paying member? A member who might have serious issues with the way things might be run is as valid a voice as one other standing who I read would put the society before the needs of the club. I wouldn't vote for that particular member in a billion years, but I don't deny his right to stand.

Every organisation needs someone on the sidelines to keep them from thinking just on party lines. Think of Jeff as MyFC's Dennis Skinner.

Originally Posted By: BustaGut
I hope I am wrong, but I am inclined to agree with UU.
If Myfc buy 70% then there option of 100% of Ebbsfleet shares, yet not one member holds a single share in Ebbsfleet , then who does Mr Brooks??? They maybe registered in the name of Myfc, but who controls them ?? not the members,because as I said before, in my opinion they cannot be a share holder as they have no physical share in there possession,or in there name,so who is in control of the physical shares owned by a business called Myfc. give you a clue its not the members as they have to buy it over and over and over again! if they still believe they are a owner, share holder? try selling your share !

Let me ask you a question in reply - the Fleet Trust owns shares in EUFC - who actually owns the shares? do the members of the Fleet Trust? Does the Chairperson of the Trust? Maybe the person that runs the Shop or organises the travel?

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Originally Posted By: BustaGut
I hope I am wrong, but I am inclined to agree with UU.
If Myfc buy 70% then there option of 100% of Ebbsfleet shares, yet not one member holds a single share in Ebbsfleet , then who does Mr Brooks??? They maybe registered in the name of Myfc, but who controls them ?? not the members,because as I said before, in my opinion they cannot be a share holder as they have no physical share in there possession,or in there name,so who is in control of the physical shares owned by a business called Myfc. give you a clue its not the members as they have to buy it over and over and over again! if they still believe they are a owner, share holder? try selling your share !

Let me ask you a question in reply - the Fleet Trust owns shares in EUFC - who actually owns the shares? do the members of the Fleet Trust? Does the Chairperson of the Trust? Maybe the person that runs the Shop or organises the travel?

I would suggest that the trust physically hold shares, that can be actually sold by the trust, with the proceeds hopefully going to the club, what do you get if you try and sell yours ?? Anyone outside of Myfc will hold a physical share, Myfc members have nothing but a vote in picking a team,how can a Myfc member claim to be a share holder (owner)without a share certificate ? I dont care what blurb is written on Myfc site, to make you part with your money, but you as a person own nothing,thats how I see it, if you do have a legal share certificate to show you are a legal owner of Ebbsfleet then bring it to a game, as i would be very interested to see a shares certificate that has to be paid for every year!!!