Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cheer Cheer Here Come the Fleet

I wish I could. I had an email yesterday from Roger Easterby, former Fleet Chairman and producer of Here Comes the Fleet, who asked if it would be played as they come out at Wembley. I haven't got the copurage to tell him we don't even play it at Stonebridge Road anymore. OK, have something rousing (Not that crap U2 rubbish)for when the lads leave the tunnel but surely there's a place for it as Macca is meeting the referee and opposing captain to tell them that we will be kicking towards the Northfleet End in the second half!! Bring It Back! Pip pip!

Let us start a campaign to bring it back, Chas. 28,000 owners, + the media, = the fans who actually attend will form one mighty pressure group against whoever is preventingit from being played.

I have converted my CD to MP3, downloaded to my batfone, and much to my work colleagues annoyance (they are Chelsea, Spurs and Gillingham fans) have it as my ringtown.

That rattle at the beginning is bloody loud too. Wakes the dead!!!!

I dont normally post links here to the MYFC website, but please excuse me in this case.

If you are an MYFC member, I have asked the question on the MYFC forum as a survey, do you want Cheer, Chear back ?

Please vote 5 Stars for Yes, 1 Star for No.

Please rate it at

http://members.myfootballclub.co.uk//6_296701_0.html

See if we can make the MYFC system work for us and get something done about this what appears to be simple request.

More seriously, couldn't the song be made available - say for 50p, downloadable in an MP3 format on the website. Even if it only sells a few thousand, it is still cash in the bank.

Can't be that difficult, a freind of mine - the lead guitarist of a local band Face to Face (superb band - check out their website link here ) have made some tracks available, so it shouldn't be beyond the capabilty of someone at the club.

Worth looking at the guitar solo by my mate Damo on the video.

Quality work.

Originally Posted By: Chatham Gary
More seriously, couldn't the song be made available - say for 50p, downloadable in an MP3 format on the website. Even if it only sells a few thousand, it is still cash in the bank.

Certainly could be made available, Gary. Could manage that on our site, but would need to get the go-ahead in terms of copyright, etc. Over to the landed gentry on that one.

Lord Chas...?

The club shop still sells the CD - given our global fanbase, it could become the chart download number 1 in time for the final!!

I cannot see why ANYBODY would object to it's promotion and sale, in whatver format, as it means money for the club, and money by way of royalties for the owner (Roger Easterby?)