Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attendance...

PatMan

So, countless millions of Gravesham people are converted, and proudly say "We are going to Wembley". Where the feck where they all yesterday? 1175 is a poor crowd, and would have been even less but the lads in the town seemed to have converted a few!

Does anyone know if the below is up and running?

Originally Posted By: doheochai

I have just published a transport plan on the MyFC website that is designed to facilitate getting MyFC members to games at Stonebridge Road. As it takes time to get structures into place I have suggested that the home game against Rushden on March 8th will be the first one where transport will be available for travelling MyFC members. Th plan at the moment is to run four buses, one each from Manchester, Birmingham, Derby and Southampton, will pick-ups on route if necessary. We will be able to gauge the level of interest as the structures are put in place and hopefully increase the quantity as the remainder of the season progresses. The target is to have between 8 and 10 buses from different parts of the country for the last home game of the season. From the begining of next season the structures will be fully operational and we are hopeful of a minimum of 10 buses per home game.

It could have been the Grand National, the poxy weather, the meaningless game or just the thought of standing in the rain for 2 hours or under cover with a poor view kept people away. I am not saying the new ground will get fans flocking in, but a good view in dry and comfort is important. Ask Margit fans.

If the new build is 3 years away, at least let us put up a bit more cover for the fans, both by the club shop, and at the away end.

I know BK is working on the ground situation, but the sooner the better as far as I am concerned.

Originally Posted By: Chatham Gary

If the new build is 3 years away, at least let us put up a bit more cover for the fans, both by the club shop, and at the away end.

Yes. Especially at the club shop end where I got more than a little soggy yesterday...

Originally Posted By: Chatham Gary
It could have been the Grand National, the poxy weather, the meaningless game or just the thought of standing in the rain for 2 hours or under cover with a poor view kept people away. I am not saying the new ground will get fans flocking in, but a good view in dry and comfort is important.

Yeah all you have to do is look at Burton and their new ground. I admit I do not know what their attendances where at their old ground but I know they are up. I would be sad to see Stonebridge Road go though.

Originally Posted By: PatMan

Does anyone know if the below is up and running?

Unfortunately - we had to cancel the buses due to the low take-up Pat. I think part of the problem could have been timing - we had to pospone it twice (once for the FAT game on March 8th and once because Setanta changed the kick-off time for Cambridge). When we finally got everything sorted we had just qualified for the FAT final. Quite a few people emailed me to say that they would go to Wembley rather than the game against Woking. It has also taken longer than expected to try and get regional MyFC groups up and running.

Of course these could be just excuses and the plan might have been a but too ambitious. This is not to say that we have given up on the idea. We will spend some time during the off-season reviewing the plan and seeing what we need to change to make it work.

Originally Posted By: Jeff
The future is privately organised minibuses between people talking to each other on MyFC.

This is certainly one possibility - and is happening - one group of Scottish members have hired a minibus for the Droylsden game. However, if it were to happen, I think it might have to be outside MyFC structures because of issues of liability. Another reason to get the regional groups working - as this is where this type of discussion could take place.

Quite right AFF........the last few winters have been warm compared to those of 15 + years ago ( must be all the MyFC people on their planes to San Stonebridge causing Climate Change a ?).

Football is a winter game so it is not rocket science to expect rain on occasions. Wear some appropriate clothing would be my answer....and some sort of hat may be in order !

Cheers,

Originally Posted By: Special K

Yeah all you have to do is look at Burton and their new ground. I admit I do not know what their attendances where at their old ground but I know they are up. I would be sad to see Stonebridge Road go though.

Burton Albion Attandances

(before new ground)
2003/2004 - 1,683
2004/2005 - 1,368

(after new ground)
2005/2006 - 1,724
2006/2007 - 1,869
this season - 1,780

Originally Posted By: PatMan
I wasn't blaming, or laughing at, anyone!

My post was more a dig at all the locals who have shown an interest in the Wembley day out, and yet still can't be bothered to go ALL that way to Stonebridge Road!
A lot of locals have been to stonebridge road over the years, but have come away disappointed with what theyve seen, ie poor football in a tatty stadium.We have had cup runs in the past which has brought money into the club, but the money has been spent badly,the ground looks the same as when i first saw it in 1960.The football, until of recent has not been good enough to want them to come back.Yes,they all want to go to wembley and why not, for

Originally Posted By: doheochai

When we finally got everything sorted we had just qualified for the FAT final. Quite a few people emailed me to say that they would go to Wembley rather than the game against Woking.

Heaven forbid people wanting to see more than one game!!

And no, this isn't a dig at yourself for arranging the whole thing - Its a huge logistical nightmare that only a maniac (or genius) could get to work on its first attempt!

[quote=hopeful

A lot of locals have been to stonebridge road over the years, but have come away disappointed with what theyve seen, ie poor football in a tatty stadium.We have had cup runs in the past which has brought money into the club, but the money has been spent badly,the ground looks the same as when i first saw it in 1960.The football, until of recent has not been good enough to want them to come back.Yes,they all want to go to wembley and why not, for