Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Side terrace allocated to away fans for Shots game

Ian_D

If I read that right, that means the whole terrace? How to alienate probably half of the Gravesend fans, also, if it rains, a lot of people are going to get wet as not everyone will fit in the Plough end, plus the fact that the first three rows aren't undercover too. It could have been half of the terrace. I know it may mean more money for the club, but after the way they treated us, that decision has really pissed me off.

Didn't think about the no covered standing part, even more of a disgrace! It's a very nice way to attract more supporters to games isn't it? Still very angry about this. Also how are the players going to feel, running out to face red and blue instead of the usual halfway line crowd. grrrrrr

Who has " advised strongly " ??

This is total b*llocks !!

Shall we give them a 2 goal start & play the first up to three ?

Why don't we switch the game to Aldershot....then they won't have to travel at all ?

Shall we let them have the bar also ?

I suppose that they will be allowed to run on the pitch if they win as well ?

Can't imagine this happening at Old Trafford & I would be surprised if Liam is best pleased about it !!

So, they have the Swancombe End AND the side terrace....WHY ?

Will they have access to the sniper toilets as well ? Shall we put extra soft toilet paper out for them ?

This decision is total SH*T

Cheers ( or not as the case may be !)

You can get over 1,000 in The Swanscombe End surely !!

Anyone know what the capacity is at that end ? or has someone noticed a wonky step & reduced the capacity to 45 ?

Now I'll be crammed in Geek Corner with Geeks & Half Way Liners !! I think I may stay in The Central and watch the score updates on teletext !!

It's all b*llocks !

'I would like to say how utterly disgusted I am about the decision to give the WHOLE of the stonebridge terrace to Aldershot fans. Why is this? Do you realise it means the home fans will have no standing cover, and that the first three rows of the plough end get you wet if it rains? The club seems to have enought problems attracting fans as it is without this sort of problem. I have been coming to Stonebridge Road for nearly 15 years now, and have had to put up with the name change, and the My fc takeover and now something like this. DO you now value the away fans more than the home fans for maybe, and I say maybe some extra money, they were quoting figures in the region of 1500-2000 for the trophy semi and reached nothing like that. What was wrong with allocating the Swanscombe end, main stand and a part of the stonebridge road terrace? Sorry to rant but this has really put me off of coming to the game, and that has never happened! How are the players going to feel running out of the tunnel to see red/blue and aldershot fans? We might as well roll over and die! Rant over!'

I Have now e-mailed the above to club too, and suggest everyone else does too.

Perhaps we should all vent our anger at the decision makers whoever they are in this day and age.

I understand that there will be increased presence from the shots and the extra cash is worth a fair bit to the club but the club needs to keep an eye on whats happening at the ground.

All this extra money coming in from MYFC and I have seen not one penny spent on some roof repairs , signage , making the steps near the shop better and so on.

Perhaps they dont want us and perhaps they are mor eintrested in interweb activitys.

I dont know , what I do know is that the punter paying at the gate is getting more and more disillusioned about the whole concept. Start listening fleet. If it all goes tits up then you may wish you had.

This will not have had anything to do with Police advice as what happens inside the ground is ENTIRELY the clubs decision.

I find it hard to believe that the club could treat the fans so badly and therefore I for one will be watching the Arsenal stuff Liverpool at their place tomorrow. So thats two lots of

This is a very poor show; in the light of how this game was shaping up someone should have gone the all ticket route some while back to ascertain crowd numbers, but to just take away the main stands from the regular supporters 24 hours before the match simply isn't on. it's no wonder our crowds are so poor - cr*p ground, cr*p treatment. Well I won't be there tomorrow simply because I can't make midweek games through work commitments, but if it were possible I would seriously be considering whether or not I would be attending

Originally Posted By: Andy Y. (G&NFC)
This will not have had anything to do with Police advice as what happens inside the ground is ENTIRELY the clubs decision.

I find it hard to believe that the club could treat the fans so badly and therefore I for one will be watching the Arsenal stuff Liverpool at their place tomorrow. So thats two lots of

Even though I sit in the Plough End I am really pissed off with this decision to give the whole of the Stonebridge Road terrace to the Aldersh*t fans. We get treated like crap at both grounds and they get the cushty treatment. I reckon those that are going to the game should make their anger known. I know I will.