Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Side terrace allocated to away fans for Shots game

Ian_D

Originally Posted By: doheochai
From what information I have been able to find - it appears that the cops wouldn't issue a safety certificate unless the above provisions were made. They are expecting a lot of Aldershot fans to turn up. It appears that without a safety certificate - no one would be allowed into the ground. EUFC is obliged by FA rules to accomodate opposition supporters - so if we can't do that the cops won't issue the safety cert.

Absolute poppycock.

So of these 29,000 paid up members of MYFC , if just 10% decide to turn up tomorrow then what happens.

If aldershot or ourclub were aware of this several weeks ago ad many a fan of this league were taht this could be a crunch game then why wasnt it all ticket.

Its about time we started standing up to this constant rubbish being dictated upon buy us. 12 o clock kick offs , grays having to travel to Torquay on a sunday , us having the Crawley and Torquay games in less than 48 hours.

I thought MYFC were traditionalist. Well if you are , protest this decision on behlaf of the loyal support who go week in and week out. After all , you do own 75% of the club.

Ill be there , but fast loosing intrest in this club.

Who is getting the Sniper toilets ? I hope it's us.There is a portaloo in the bus graveyard for away fans, although having said that, why do I feel it is us who will have to use it ? shocked

I think it's going to be a 'kin nightmare tomorrow....I hope I don't get crammed up against someone I don't like !! or get a laptop shoved up me a*se grin

Cheers,

Originally Posted By: John Pearce

As I said previously if the club is expecting half off Aldershite to turn-up tomorrow night then the game should have been all ticket.

That sounds like it would have been the sensible decision. The only problem I can see is that the problem has arisen since last Saturday because of the prospect of Aldershot winning promotion at the game. To make it all-ticket would have required more time and there is no way the game could have been posponed.

There must have been a better bloody solution though.

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Originally Posted By: John Pearce

As I said previously if the club is expecting half off Aldershite to turn-up tomorrow night then the game should have been all ticket.

That sounds like it would have been the sensible decision. The only problem I can see is that the problem has arisen since last Saturday because of the prospect of Aldershot winning promotion at the game. To make it all-ticket would have required more time and there is no way the game could have been posponed.

There must have been a better bloody solution though.

It's called planning ...... something that most professional clubs do?

Originally Posted By: wellred
The club spend all season trying to attract more support, then do something as rediculous as this which threatens to lose support, if it really is the police that have dictated this then there is no point us ever getting promotion, we wouldn't be allowed to have ANY home support.

You are right there. We were in Town on Saturday telling everyone to come along, bring your children. Well that's going to look good when they can go anywhere in the ground. [****!!****] liberties

As far as I know, the ground capacity is now about 5,000. That is approx 1,000 seated + about 4,000 standing on the Swanscombe end and main road stand (and about 500 on the small terraces adjacent to the main stand.

I reckon the capacities of each terrace are about 1500 and 2000 respectively.

following this assumption, the Swanscombe end, the little terrace in the corner and 200 seats in the main stand should easily accommodate any crowd of about 2000 Aldershot should bring.

I presume the 800 regulars who stand on the main road are now expected to crush onto the 40 yards of terrace in front of the shop and refreshment hut.

Do the directors sitting on their cushioned seats or in the board room not realise this is a major pinch point for fans - and the terrace at this point is about 3 steps deep at most.

Just hope that someone tells the stewards we may well HAVE to stand on the yellow chevrons to avoid the danger of crushing. The chief safety officer will have a liabilty in the event of any accidents, especially if there are open areas in other parts of the ground that are off limits.

Tell you what, lets all turn-up and pretend to be Aldershite supporters and then stand where we normally do.

Surely even this club would not want to be seen to be ejecting its own supporters would they? ...... but then again yes thay probably would!

Yet another example of the club shooting itself in the foot...and its supporters in the back!

Have just sent this to the club.

I'll be looking to sit in a nice comfy DRY director's seat tommorrow.

"A quite bizarre decision to give Aldershot half of the ground.

Home fans have now 2 tiny terraces on which to stand - and NO cover at all - with a standing capacity of barely 500.

Aldershot get 3500 + capacity on which to stand with good cover.

This is a disgrace.

As a MINIMUM show by the board - ALL seats in the main stand , centre and wing should be offered to Fleet fans FREE - and it would be a sign of goodwill if the board stood on the cramped terrace and offer their seats to other Fleet fans."

Originally Posted By: Roger Kint
Originally Posted By: Andy Y. (G&NFC)
This will not have had anything to do with Police advice as what happens inside the ground is ENTIRELY the clubs decision.

I find it hard to believe that the club could treat the fans so badly and therefore I for one will be watching the Arsenal stuff Liverpool at their place tomorrow. So thats two lots of

When you say "Directors" Gazza, who are the new board then ? My understanding was that the "old" Directors had to stand down when the MyFC takeover was ratified at the EGM, apart from Brian, who is acting Chairman.

I suspect this is the work of Captain Jobsworth of the 'elf & safety gestapo ! The same one who closed down the Plough Terrace with a snap of the fingers after seeing a crumbling step !!!

A man who probably wouldn't know a football if it hit him up the a*se !!

The question is where does this person come from ? The Council ? The Emergency Services ? The Government ? I doubt if the club had anything to do with the decision ! But it is still a total sh*t decision.

Can you imagine the French putting up with this ? All the Ports would be closed in protest ( no offence Sash !)

It's all b*llocks.